• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you become a poll watcher?

davidmcbeth

Banned
If you really want to "do some good" ask to be an election judge .. many democrats try to keep out overseas absentee ballots (ie servicemen who are more pro-GOP)

griffin

I have never heard this, is there any proof that evil democrats are actually doing this?

Yes. It even made the national news the last three general elections. 2000 was very prominent as the Democrats didn't want military votes to swing the election to Bush as it was a razor thin margin between Bush and Gore. The absentee military votes are dependent on the federal government to get the ballots to the troops and back in time. Plus, some states don't issue the military absentee ballots on time, so this delays them even more.

So, while a person can often vote in the US without ID and vote more than once without being challenged, the Democrats often fight to disqualify military ballots because of timeliness or any little thing they can find wrong. This is most prevalent in swing states. States that are strong (R) or (D) usually don't get challenged as they are not likely to make a difference.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Yes. It even made the national news the last three general elections. 2000 was very prominent as the Democrats didn't want military votes to swing the election to Bush as it was a razor thin margin between Bush and Gore. The absentee military votes are dependent on the federal government to get the ballots to the troops and back in time. Plus, some states don't issue the military absentee ballots on time, so this delays them even more.

So, while a person can often vote in the US without ID and vote more than once without being challenged, the Democrats often fight to disqualify military ballots because of timeliness or any little thing they can find wrong. This is most prevalent in swing states. States that are strong (R) or (D) usually don't get challenged as they are not likely to make a difference.

Serious allegations. I think proof is in order.

How do you become a poll watcher?

I thought it is understood you don't become a poll watcher, you are born one.... :lol:

griffin

Serious allegations. I think proof is in order.

Do you follow politics? It's in the news every election. If you are young and new to voting, google military vote counts. One of the easiest set of stories to read about, as I said, is the 2000 general election. Attorneys for the Democrat Party sought to disqualify military ballots by any means necessary. Are you in a war zone and the feds get your ballot back one day late? Disqualified. Missing a postmark? Disqualified.

Here is just one story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=122428&page=1

Even Joe Lieberman, the Democrat Vice Presidential candidate that election publicly stated what the Democrats were doing was wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/20/u...iew-lieberman-says.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

It is already happening in this 2012 election cycle. The Democrats are trying to disenfranchise military absentee votes in the swing state of Ohio. It's been in the news for months. They are complaining about the Ohio voting rules that allow military absentee ballots to be cast early if they are overseas.

Democrats: throw out the military vote by any means necessary.

twoskinsonemanns

Democrats: throw out the military vote by any means necessary.

OR..... Republicans want illegal votes counted due to the probability they would support their candidate.

Same all song and dance.

They agreed ahead of time what rules should govern absentee ballots.
Rules were broken and some ballots were tossed accordingly.
One side of the isle or the other wanted to accept the ballots that broke the rules because they probably voted for their side.

What a joke.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
OR..... Republicans want illegal votes counted due to the probability they would support their candidate.

Same all song and dance.

Rules were broken and some ballots were tossed accordingly.
One side of the isle or the other wanted to accept the ballots that broke the rules because they probably voted for their side.

What a joke.

In reading about the Roman Republic,* I learned that a common practice was to buy voters outright. Not at all dissimilar to Obama giving away tons of free cell phones. (I know it wasn't Obama himself; I'm referring to the idea that many people seem to attribute the give-away to him.)

Breaking the agreements about the rules has its precedents in history.

Don't read history. Its too late anyway. And, you'll lose a lot of sleep when you see the parallels. (that comment was intended as reverse psychology)

*The Roman Republic, not the empire. The last forty or fifty years leading up to the assassination of Julius Caesar when Rome was still a constitutional republic.

Last edited:

griffin

Yes, and these are the rules:

The state is supposed to issue military absentee ballots by a certain date. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the state election commission?

The federal government is supposed to deliver the ballots on time and return them on time. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the federal government?

The federal government is supposed to postmark the mail. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the federal government?

In every case, the soldier is doing everything he is supposed to do correctly. It is the state (i.e., federal or state government) that is not upholding its part of the election process. And you want the soldier who is deployed out of country or fighting in a war overseas to be disenfranchised, to be penalized by not having his vote counted? While at the same time there are people (i.e., Democrats) who are arguing that people should be allowed to vote without ID? That illegals should be allowed to vote? That we shouldn't check to make sure someone is not voting twice by using different names or in different precincts? That we shouldn't purge voter rolls periodically to make sure ineligible voters are removed? That we should examine every ballot to see if there is a tiny scratch so we can infer a voter's intent when it isn't clear (i.e., they didn't punch the card)? Or in the current case of Ohio, the Democrats are complaining and suing to put further restrictions on military ballots, against the "agreed to rules" that govern absentee ballots?

Wow.

florida_hanging_chad_recount1.jpg

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Yes, and these are the rules:

The state is supposed to issue military absentee ballots by a certain date. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the state election commission?

The federal government is supposed to deliver the ballots on time and return them on time. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the federal government?

The federal government is supposed to postmark the mail. If they don't, whose fault is it? The soldier in war or the federal government?

In every case, the soldier is doing everything he is supposed to do correctly. It is the state (i.e., federal or state government) that is not upholding its part of the election process. And you want the soldier who is deployed out of country or fighting in a war overseas to be disenfranchised, to be penalized by not having his vote counted? While at the same time there are people (i.e., Democrats) who are arguing that people should be allowed to vote without ID? That illegals should be allowed to vote? That we shouldn't check to make sure someone is not voting twice by using different names or in different precincts? That we shouldn't purge voter rolls periodically to make sure ineligible voters are removed? That we should examine every ballot to see if there is a tiny scratch so we can infer a voter's intent when it isn't clear (i.e., they didn't punch the card)? Or in the current case of Ohio, the Democrats are complaining and suing to put further restrictions on military ballots, against the "agreed to rules" that govern absentee ballots?

Wow.

florida_hanging_chad_recount1.jpg

I will only add that you bring up some valid points but for the Republicans in Michigan to publicly claim that they want "fair" elections after the shenanigans they pulled regarding Roy Schmidt is laughable.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/07/roy_schmidt_admits_lying_about.html

griffin

I will only add that you bring up some valid points but for the Republicans in Michigan to publicly claim that they want "fair" elections after the shenanigans they pulled regarding Roy Schmidt is laughable.

I am not claiming any one party has the high road, although I will state here that I think the Democrats are the greater evil and violators by a wide, wide, large, super-huge margin. :p