Thread: TN carry permit good here for a visit?

TN carry permit good here for a visit?

Ive read a couple things but having someone tell you seems to make you feel better about something. My mother-in-law's mother is not in well shape and i will possible have to make a trip to MS for a funeral. The in-law's brothers are not the best of people and were abusive and live across the street from the grave site. I was wondering the laws for me to conceal carry, yes i applogize i said conceal , my pistol for my own comfort. The reasoning behind wanting to conceal in this situation is to not stir "****" up.

MS honors all states' permits.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

http://www.dps.state.ms.us/crime-inv...-permits-faqs/
    Correct, MS honors all valid out-of-state permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thensley.40 View Post
    Ive read a couple things but having someone tell you seems to make you feel better about something. My mother-in-law's mother is not in well shape and i will possible have to make a trip to MS for a funeral. The in-law's brothers are not the best of people and were abusive and live across the street from the grave site. I was wondering the laws for me to conceal carry, yes i applogize i said conceal , my pistol for my own comfort. The reasoning behind wanting to conceal in this situation is to not stir "****" up.
    Tennessee's permit is good in Mississippi. For that matter, with Tennessee's permit, it's easier to remember the states in which it is NOT honored: Hawaii, California, Oregon, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine (note that Maine is the only state on that list that recognizes some out-of-state permits but not Tennessee's; all of the others do not recognize any out-of-state permits).
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin