Thread: examiner.com - America waits for the candidates to “go to guns”

Moderator / Administrator

examiner.com - America waits for the candidates to “go to guns”

http://www.examiner.com/article/amer...-to-go-to-guns

SNIP

Everybody remembers that Top Gun (see original movie trailer here) colloquy about air-to-air combat tactics between student fighter pilot “Maverick” played by Tom Cruise and instructor “Charlie” played by Kelly McGilles:

Charlie: A rolling reversal would look well in that situation.
    Maverick: If I reversed in a hard cross I could immediately go to guns on him.
    Charlie: Yeah, but at that speed it’s too fast. It’s a little bit too aggressive.
    Maverick: Too aggressive, yeah I guess when I see something I go right after it.

But so far Maverick’s “going to guns” tactic appears too aggressive for both moderators and candidates at the Presidential and Vice-Presidential debates.

Americans support the right to bear arms, including in public places, by overwhelming bi-partisan margins.

. . .

I just read the article you have on the front page similar to this. I'm almost never there.

http://www.opencarry.org/wp-content/...se_Oct0812.pdf

I'm sorry, but would a moderator please go through and delete all these damned stickys? This one only has one reply - from last year!

Half of these danged things only have a few replies, and more from a very long time ago, and almost all are completely uninteresting, unimportant, and furthermore, are a waste of time to have to scroll through every time one wants to see the new topics.

Only make a sticky if it's life-altering. Say, if the US government nukes Middle America.

So, please. Delete all this junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo Jack View Post
    I'm sorry, but would a moderator please go through and delete all these damned stickys? This one only has one reply - from last year!

Half of these danged things only have a few replies, and more from a very long time ago, and almost all are completely uninteresting, unimportant, and furthermore, are a waste of time to have to scroll through every time one wants to see the new topics.

Only make a sticky if it's life-altering. Say, if the US government nukes Middle America.

So, please. Delete all this junk.
    I agree.

Well,,,

Repoerted spammer for sure!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!