• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri could be next to get more freedom?

SixGunCowboy

Missouri already has the freedom of "open carry." It's Oklahoma that is getting the freedom, but with limited means for "open carry."

mspgunner

The new OK laws have been know for some time now. Just curious, how is this relating at all to MO? Doesn't mention any upcoming legislative advances here.

While "Things" are being worked on here, the legislature does not start until Jan. The rights of rural Missourians to OC without a permit should not be changed. This freedom has existed since the founding of the State. It is the infringement of municipal infringement that must be addressed.

Many here PM me and I hear what you are saying. There is no tell'n for sure what will come out of the legislature, like last year.

All we can do is all we can do and we are doing!

I never post what is being proposed, and certainly anyone has the choice to contact their legislators and seek OC rights.
If and when bills are generated "WE", all of us have to be proactive in seeking progress. I and others no doubt will spell out what is in the mix, who to contact to help get bills through the process and all related information. Planning and discussions cannot be posted here, we know the anti-2A/OC folks follow this forum. No point in showing them what "maybe". That has always been the case, and wil remain so as far as I'm concerned. If you have ideas, take them to your legislators, that betteer than posting them here.

If you and your friends in the legislature can get bills in and moving .... cool, they all get addressed in thier time or not............