Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sig p226

sig p226

so, i just picked up the newest model sig p226 that i wayyy over paided for, that's what i get for a seeing it then not looking around ..
    but i must say its a beautiful gun, came with night sights 2 12r mags. and just some other junk,
    now to the bad parts....
    the nitron finish looks horrible its all black but it gets a mark with just touching it. little hidden marks that you can only see if the light hits it right, might be that it is a US model? i dont know

and one more thing, took the gun home soon as i got it kuz the range was closing in 10 mins, opened her up for the check and clean, it was horrible,grease everywhere, still carbon everywhere, just dirt everywhere, looked like they didnt even clean it when they shipped it out,but i guess they didnt.

other than those 2 little things its a great gun
    btw paid 917 for it after a 100 dollar price drop he did for me.

next gun? kimber?colt?para? dont know yet!

Quote Originally Posted by righttobarearms View Post
    so, i just picked up the newest model sig p226 that i wayyy over paided for, that's what i get for a seeing it then not looking around ..
    but i must say its a beautiful gun, came with night sights 2 12r mags. and just some other junk,
    now to the bad parts....
    the nitron finish looks horrible its all black but it gets a mark with just touching it. little hidden marks that you can only see if the light hits it right, might be that it is a US model? i dont know

and one more thing, took the gun home soon as i got it kuz the range was closing in 10 mins, opened her up for the check and clean, it was horrible,grease everywhere, still carbon everywhere, just dirt everywhere, looked like they didnt even clean it when they shipped it out,but i guess they didnt.

other than those 2 little things its a great gun
    btw paid 917 for it after a 100 dollar price drop he did for me.

next gun? kimber?colt?para? dont know yet!

Considering there are many good quality pistols for half that price I'd say you did overpay, sig is not twice as good as a glock, so I wont pay twice as much
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    The 226 is an awesome firearm. Don't worry about overpaying. With the extra mag, night sights, and other stuff it's not bad. Plus getting it local knocks off the wait time and shipping fee. I think your fine. Also don't pay much attention to the peanut gallery. A sig is a long way from a glock.
    I don't knock people when they buy glocks or hi-points and I don't knock people who want to pay more for better quality. People that do usually are jealous they can't afford better quality.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    The 226 is an awesome firearm. Don't worry about overpaying. With the extra mag, night sights, and other stuff it's not bad. Plus getting it local knocks off the wait time and shipping fee. I think your fine. Also don't pay much attention to the peanut gallery. A sig is a long way from a glock.
    I don't knock people when they buy glocks or hi-points and I don't knock people who want to pay more for better quality. People that do usually are jealous they can't afford better quality.
    jealous that I can't afford a SIG? no way, can't stand sigs.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

@OP;

Buy one model from every maker. So you can have one of each make/model so you get a selection and good choice of what you want to carry on a particular day, and get used to fired different brands and calibers, besides, when teh Zombie Apoc happens, you never know if you'll find a particular type of ammo or not~

Now you have a Sig, grab a Glock, a Hi-point, a Smith n' Wesson, a Kimber, Para, Rock Island, Ruger, etc. And pick up a black powder Revolver too~ Variety is the spice of Open Carry life~
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 10-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Re: sig p226

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    jealous that I can't afford a SIG? no way, can't stand sigs.
    What is it about SIG that you can't stand? The reliability, the durability, or the accuracy? Because in my expirience(about 20 years), they are easily one of the best gun makers out there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    What is it about SIG that you can't stand? The reliability, the durability, or the accuracy? Because in my expirience(about 20 years), they are easily one of the best gun makers out there.

Purely the price, I think they're a great gun, but theyre not 1000 dollars worth of gun.

NRA Member

...2 12r mags...
    So either the .357 Sig or .40 S&W, eh?

There's nothing you can do now about what you paid for it, so just ENJOY IT!

Get yourself a really nice holster for it, or two. Don't cheap out on the holster!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    So either the .357 Sig or .40 S&W, eh?

There's nothing you can do now about what you paid for it, so just ENJOY IT!

Get yourself a really nice holster for it, or two. Don't cheap out on the holster!
    it is a 40,i picked up a holster but i did cheap out on it
    ill more than likly go buy a better one.
    any ideas on what kind to get/?/

Depends, I like SERPA holsters.

but those are controversial, if you prefer a "safer design" i would look at blackhawks leather holsters

NRA Member

I have a serpa and a leather galco for mine. I recommend leather for dry days and a "plastic" one for wet days. And I second the notion to not go cheap. You got a really nice gun, don't go cheap on the holster. Although I do understand that if you just shelled out $1000 for the gun you might be a little short on funds.

Purely the price, I think they're a great gun, but theyre not 1000 dollars worth of gun.
    I guess it all depends. How much is you life worth? I paid $417 for mine used.

can't stand sigs.
    I think they're a great gun.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    I guess it all depends. How much is you life worth? I paid $417 for mine used.

You cant be taking this seriously....

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

You cant be taking this seriously....
    I can't stand then and I think they're great guns.

but my problems with them is personal preferences. I don't like the trigger pull on the first shot nor external hammers. I prefer striker fired guns
    and the 900 dollar retail price is too much that I don't think it's worth.

But I certainly will not argue it's a crappy gun. It's a very nice pistol, but I don't like them. I don't like Honda's etiher, but I don't think they're a bad car.

NRA Member

but my problems with them is personal preferences. I don't like the trigger pull on the first shot nor external hammers. I prefer striker fired guns

But I certainly will not argue it's a crappy gun. It's a very nice pistol, but I don't like them. I don't like Honda's etiher, but I don't think they're a bad car.
    Well I've got a Sig 2022 9mm that is less than the price of a glock and is the most reliable, most ergonomic, most accurate side arm I've ever owned.
    How you gonna reconcile that with your Sig-Bashing posts?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=311822771

Well I've got a Sig 2022 9mm that is less than the price of a glock and is the most reliable, most ergonomic, most accurate side arm I've ever owned.
    How you gonna reconcile that with your Sig-Bashing posts?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=311822771
    Well plenty of people don't like the angle of the grip or the lack of forward serations on the glock, I think glocks are the most ergonomic pistol I've used.

I will just concede I spoke too quickly when someone said I was jealous I didn't have one, and I'll admit I broke my own rule of "thou shalt not badmouth thy neighbors carry piece" too.

And I'm glad you like your Sig, you should have a gun you like. But my initial commentary was that I don't think in any measurable way they're high enough of a quality above the competitors to warrant high prices, and that was in reference to the OP saying he paid almost a grand for one.

NRA Member

Not knocking any guns here, or criticising anybody's viewpoints on handguns. There are cheap ones that never fail some people, and some expensive ones that turn out to be lemons for others. My two cents is, my first handgun was a Hi-point that I've fed different ammo, and it jams on me all the time. My second handgun is a Sig P226R E2 version, 40 S&W (I paid about 940.00 brand new) that I've fed all kinds of ammo and it has never failed me. I LOVE this gun. If it ever had to protect me or my family in life or death situation, I would be glad that I paid every penny for it. Besides, it is a gun that I will never get rid of. I will pass it on, and it will be handed down for a long time. I hope. With my luck, some future grandkid that I have yet to meet, will probably sell it for a bag of weed or something. LOL!
    Last edited by hjmoosejaw; 10-17-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    My second handgun is a Sig P226R E2 version, 40 S&W (I paid about 940.00 brand new) that I've fed all kinds of ammo and it has never failed me. I LOVE this gun. If it ever had to protect me or my family in life or death situation, I would be glad that I paid every penny for it. Besides, it is a gun that I will never get rid of.
    Well said.

This is one of the guns on my "Want List". They feel so good in the hand and i love how ergonomic everything is. They really did think about every angle when making these Guns. One of the reasons is a preferred weapon of a large percentage of departments, Especially Highway Patrol and Troopers. Reliable, easy to control, and very well machined, all you could ask for in a gun!

Considering there are many good quality pistols for half that price I'd say you did overpay, sig is not twice as good as a glock, so I wont pay twice as much
    Actually, you're wrong. SIG Sauer's are by far twice as good as Glock, their rep. more than speaks for itself! If people want to go with Glock, that's fine but when people start talking quality and dare to place a poly-gun next to a metal gun, there's not competition. And when people start to say taht Glock is a better weapon than SIG, well then I just know that they've never really had or handled a SIG.

As for SIG being twice as much. If people shop around and look had they can score a brand new SIG for about the same or a little bit more than Glock.

As for overpriced guns. I agree Kimber is the MOST OVERPRICED out there.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Personal Choices.

It all depends upon how you want to carry. Personally, I have 3 SIG's and working on hopefully getting a SIG rifle around Christmas. I run a 9mm SIG P229 Elite Dark, a .40 S&W SIG P229 SCT & a 9mm SIG Mk25! The 9mm Elite Dark is my EDC weapon and the .40 S&W SCT is my BUG. The 9mm Mk25, I've not assigned a designation yet. *LOL*

For my EDC weapon I utilize a Galco Summer Comfort 2 holster mainly because my EDC is generally an OC weapon and utilizing an IWB holster in OC without a some form of retention is foolish and deadly!

For my BUG weapon I utilize a Galco ******* Shoulder Rig. My BUG is mainly my CC weapon.

As for the Mk25, that one's trickier! Being that the SIG Mk25 has a true picatinny rail and not the usual rounded rail on it, this limits the types of holsters that one can use.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Going to ask a stupid question, but does Sig make 2 lines of guns? A co-worker just got a Sig Sauer in the .45c edition for 550ish give or take tax. Would buying it from the gun show make a difference?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OK, fair enough. I can respect that. :-)
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Going to ask a stupid question, but does Sig make 2 lines of guns? A co-worker just got a Sig Sauer in the .45c edition for 550ish give or take tax. Would buying it from the gun show make a difference?

I'm not really sure what you meant by "2 lines of guns" but of this I can tell you, SIG makes pistols for pretty much all the standard defensive calibers out there (.380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP & .357 SIG)! For those that like the poly-gun lines, they even make one of those: the SIG SP2022! The SP2022 comes in both 9mm & .40 S&W.

SIG makes the P220 which is .45 ACP exclusively and they have their own version of the classic 1911 pistols!

SIG Sauer even mkaes all different sizes of guns from the smaller .380 caliber on up.

Prices vary depending upon the model, size, caliber and other specifics of the weapon.

Get them a look: http://www.sigsauer.com
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post

They don't have two different lines. They have multiple models, some cost more than others. But no matter which model you get, it'll be a SIG. And SIGs are all great performers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast