• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sig p226

neuroblades

Personal Choices.

it is a 40,i picked up a holster but i did cheap out on it:cool:
ill more than likly go buy a better one.
any ideas on what kind to get/?/

It all depends upon how you want to carry. Personally, I have 3 SIG's and working on hopefully getting a SIG rifle around Christmas. I run a 9mm SIG P229 Elite Dark, a .40 S&W SIG P229 SCT & a 9mm SIG Mk25! The 9mm Elite Dark is my EDC weapon and the .40 S&W SCT is my BUG. The 9mm Mk25, I've not assigned a designation yet. *LOL*

For my EDC weapon I utilize a Galco Summer Comfort 2 holster mainly because my EDC is generally an OC weapon and utilizing an IWB holster in OC without a some form of retention is foolish and deadly!

For my BUG weapon I utilize a Galco Jackass Shoulder Rig. My BUG is mainly my CC weapon.

As for the Mk25, that one's trickier! Being that the SIG Mk25 has a true picatinny rail and not the usual rounded rail on it, this limits the types of holsters that one can use.

mpguy

Going to ask a stupid question, but does Sig make 2 lines of guns? A co-worker just got a Sig Sauer in the .45c edition for 550ish give or take tax. Would buying it from the gun show make a difference?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

neuroblades

I can't stand then and I think they're great guns.

but my problems with them is personal preferences. I don't like the trigger pull on the first shot nor external hammers. I prefer striker fired guns
and the 900 dollar retail price is too much that I don't think it's worth.

But I certainly will not argue it's a crappy gun. It's a very nice pistol, but I don't like them. I don't like Honda's etiher, but I don't think they're a bad car.

OK, fair enough. I can respect that. :)

neuroblades

Going to ask a stupid question, but does Sig make 2 lines of guns? A co-worker just got a Sig Sauer in the .45c edition for 550ish give or take tax. Would buying it from the gun show make a difference?

I'm not really sure what you meant by "2 lines of guns" but of this I can tell you, SIG makes pistols for pretty much all the standard defensive calibers out there (.380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP & .357 SIG)! For those that like the poly-gun lines, they even make one of those: the SIG SP2022! The SP2022 comes in both 9mm & .40 S&W.

SIG makes the P220 which is .45 ACP exclusively and they have their own version of the classic 1911 pistols!

SIG Sauer even mkaes all different sizes of guns from the smaller .380 caliber on up.

Prices vary depending upon the model, size, caliber and other specifics of the weapon.

Get them a look: http://www.sigsauer.com

DamonK

They don't have two different lines. They have multiple models, some cost more than others. But no matter which model you get, it'll be a SIG. And SIGs are all great performers.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

mpguy

That's cool. His was a poly gun, maybe the reason the price difference. I haven't shot it, but did get to hold it. Felt nice in the hands.

I asked about 2 lines, I saw at the gun show in Hampton, S&W were being sold in the Mp line, and a Ve Model? I believe it was. I assume the VE is the entry lvl model?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...S&W were being sold in the Mp line, and a Ve Model? I believe it was. I assume the VE is the entry lvl model?

The "VE" is the SW9VE, what used to be called the Sigma series of pistols. These came out in the mid-90's as one of Glock's first competitors. In fact, they were so close to the Glock design that S&W lost a major lawsuit over it. But the terms allowed them to still make it, only they went from being more expensive than Glocks to much cheaper. They had their fans (I liked the grips and the magazines better than Glocks) but their triggers weren't as good as Glocks. They are better than they used to be, but they never really became a major player after this.

S&W now makes the M&P series, though (reviving their "Military & Police" branding). These are extremely well-respected firearms and truly compete against Glocks for a market share of this weapon type, while being its own design. There are competition shooters using these against Glocks, and many cop shops are issuing it to the officers.

So yes, you can say that S&W has two "lines."