Thread: President Obama AWB

President Obama AWB

Obama made a reference to bringing forth another AWB, right there, at the debate, in front of millions.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Obama made a reference to bringing forth another AWB, right there, at the debate, in front of millions.
    Remember he also admitted right after that assault weapons aren't used in most violent crimes right after that.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    The president also implied (pretty clearly) that such legislation is aimed at automatic weapons. Anti-gunners are so ignorant. And they are ignorant that they are ignorant.

Romney tried to correct the record vis-a-vis automatic weapons, but did not do so forcefully enough for the rebuke to stand out. A missed opportunity to make Obama look uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The president also implied (pretty clearly) that such legislation is aimed at automatic weapons. Anti-gunners are so ignorant. And they are ignorant that they are ignorant.

Romney tried to correct the record vis-a-vis automatic weapons, but did not do so forcefully enough for the rebuke to stand out. A missed opportunity to make Obama look uninformed.
    Romney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    R-omney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    Mitt should have hit back with the "fast & furious" was a ruse --to -have - us citizens killed by mexicans and then use that as a pretext to ban guns ...... worked until someone blew the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Mitt should have hit back with the "fast & furious" was a ruse --to -have - us citizens killed by mexicans and then use that as a pretext to ban guns ...... worked until someone blew the whistle.
    Yes he should have, Mitt could have done better. I am not fond of candidates rambling, even one I support, it is not the Oscars and he did not need to waste time thanking people.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Romney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    I think you mean to state: Romney probably cannot win without Ohio.

Both of their responses proved that they are both Firearm Law stupid.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 10-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...