Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: President Obama AWB

  1. #1
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278

    President Obama AWB

    Obama made a reference to bringing forth another AWB, right there, at the debate, in front of millions.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  2. #2
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Obama made a reference to bringing forth another AWB, right there, at the debate, in front of millions.
    Remember he also admitted right after that assault weapons aren't used in most violent crimes right after that.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    The president also implied (pretty clearly) that such legislation is aimed at automatic weapons. Anti-gunners are so ignorant. And they are ignorant that they are ignorant.

    Romney tried to correct the record vis-a-vis automatic weapons, but did not do so forcefully enough for the rebuke to stand out. A missed opportunity to make Obama look uninformed.

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The president also implied (pretty clearly) that such legislation is aimed at automatic weapons. Anti-gunners are so ignorant. And they are ignorant that they are ignorant.

    Romney tried to correct the record vis-a-vis automatic weapons, but did not do so forcefully enough for the rebuke to stand out. A missed opportunity to make Obama look uninformed.
    Romney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    R-omney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    Mitt should have hit back with the "fast & furious" was a ruse --to -have - us citizens killed by mexicans and then use that as a pretext to ban guns ...... worked until someone blew the whistle.

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Mitt should have hit back with the "fast & furious" was a ruse --to -have - us citizens killed by mexicans and then use that as a pretext to ban guns ...... worked until someone blew the whistle.
    Yes he should have, Mitt could have done better. I am not fond of candidates rambling, even one I support, it is not the Oscars and he did not need to waste time thanking people.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Romney was actually wrong about automatic weapons, they are not illegal. But overall I believe this will hurt Obama in Ohio, a state with a lot of gun owners. This was not smart on Obama's part, he probably cannot win without Ohio.
    I think you mean to state: Romney probably cannot win without Ohio.

    Both of their responses proved that they are both Firearm Law stupid.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 10-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •