• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Groups?

81 emt4life

I been living in WV for a little over a year now, and have been open carrying for about the past 8 months. Mostly people do not bother me or even give me a second look (except younger kids from time to time) regardless of where I go, be it shopping in Wal-Mart or grabbing lunch in Subway. I do however, on occasion, have local leo's give me a hard time. I even encountered one officer that claimed that after six years on the force, he was unaware that you could OC in WV. Assuming he is telling the truth, which I doubt, I was left wondering if there were any other like minded people that perhaps would be interested in getting together once in a while for a kind of public open carry lunch or coffee meet. It would be nice to meet some other people that share similar values and interests and I would love a chance to have an open dialogue with said individuals.

Cheers

twoskinsonemanns

The problem is WV is a big state and there are only like 8 people who OC in the whole state :)
I'm about 5.5 hrs from your location.
I personally would love to find an OC group to hang with but it's almost impossible. Just not enough people support OC.

Try asking on the facebook group. It seems a bit more active than this state subforum.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/222539777773414/

Last edited:

Sig229

The problem is WV is a big state and there are only like 8 people who OC in the whole state :)
I'm about 5.5 hrs from your location.
I personally would love to find an OC group to hang with but it's almost impossible. Just not enough people support OC.

Try asking on the facebook group. It seems a bit more active than this state subforum.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/222539777773414/

Thanks for that link!
I just requested to join.

eamelhorn

I think your the closest OC'er in the state to me, im about an hour away in Ripley. Knowing the area the LE may have been telling the truth about not knowing you could OC.

glockboy88

OCer in berkeley county area

I hear you guys there I love to open carry..I've lived in WV for two years and have only seen a couple people OCing..I know plenty that conceal but im dont know anybody else besides myself in my area that OCs alot..im in falling waters,martinsburg,inwood areas all the time and i rarely ever conceal..that would be awesome to have OCers get together but it seems like were all so scattered out..

glockboy88

OCer

I think your the closest OC'er in the state to me, im about an hour away in Ripley. Knowing the area the LE may have been telling the truth about not knowing you could OC.

I definitely wish there was a way to get a group of OCers together at a restaurant or something..ive heard of some groups setting it up and calling ahead and some restaurants that support it give everyone a discount if its a big group..I ran into two OCers in lowes in martinsburg once which was pretty cool but thats it..Ive had no harrassment yet either. just people stop me interested in it and ask why i carry and questions about the laws

TNTTNT187

Open carry in WV.

I own a home and property in WV. but, I also have a place in MD. Due to having business licenses I have to keep my primary as MD. If I understand the law correctly I can open carry in WV. where it is allowed even though I have a MD drivers license. Any input would be helpful. I did run through the WV. pamphlet. Thanks. By the way I'm in Aurora.

SgtMac

I open carry up in Morgantown WV. Except for the Mall, never run into an issue. My wife, and a guy i am friends with all open carried there till my run in with mall security. But we still do everywhere else. I scared some uptight individual at Target in late november, but that was more sad for his family then anything else. The store clerks told him its perfectly legal when he complained. I was getting the idea to look for a group in my area that would possibly get formed for a shooting and dinner club. Go compete for fun at a local indoor range, then go somewhere like Golden Corral or Shoneys for dinner(them becuase have buffet, and closed rooms.) Ive met several people up here who conceal carry, and havent had any issues with LEO, 2 have actually noticed me and just gone the other direction.

Requiem

I hear you guys there I love to open carry..I've lived in WV for two years and have only seen a couple people OCing..I know plenty that conceal but im dont know anybody else besides myself in my area that OCs alot..im in falling waters,martinsburg,inwood areas all the time and i rarely ever conceal..that would be awesome to have OCers get together but it seems like were all so scattered out..

Hey glockboy88, post back or something and lets see if we can find some others to go hang out. I generally CC but I OC some of the time. I'm down 81 in inwood so not too far compared to others.