Thread: Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives not allowed on the LV Strip.

Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives not allowed on the LV Strip.

Just heard on the news 11:00 pm channel 13 a new law is going into affect banning the street performers on the Strip from having any performing object that could be dangerous to the public using the sidewalks. Such as juggling items, acts that use ropes and so on. Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives also not allowed.
    Time for a strip walk.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I just want to say good for them. Speaking as a dad that once had his kid's super hero toy confiscated because it had a holstered firearm molded into the toys torso I can say for certainty that the government cannot do enough to vilify guns and their evil nature. In fact I look forward to the day when their is a nation wide all-personnel 8:30pm curfew in effect year round! ALong, of course, with a nation wide ban on all firearms. It's really the only way to keep the sheep safe.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Just heard on the news 11:00 pm channel 13 a new law is going into affect banning the street performers on the Strip from having any performing object that could be dangerous to the public using the sidewalks. Such as juggling items, acts that use ropes and so on. Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives also not allowed.
    Time for a strip walk.
    In response, instead of carrying toy or fake guns or knives as part of the costumes they should start carrying real guns and knives.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    In response, instead of carrying toy or fake guns or knives as part of the costumes they should start carrying real guns and knives.
    I guess I don't have to tell you what I'll be carrying while I take my youngster out trick or treating.

Although I would put this out there, even though I NEVER give this kind of advice, be careful when your out. Please don't shoot a "vampire" because you feel afraid. Use common sense.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The right to bear toys/props is not protected by the constitution.

Excuse me Mr. Storm Trooper, but do you have a blue card for that blaster?
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

"Dangerous items" banned on Las Vegas strip?

I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.

[QUOTE=renoglock22;1839732]I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.[/QUO

"The ban does not apply to firearms." according to article in the Review Journal. There is another thread posted about this as well.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

[QUOTE=The Big Guy;1839772]
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.[/QUO

"The ban does not apply to firearms." according to article in the Review Journal. There is another thread posted about this as well.

TBG

Ok. The RGJ made it sound like firearms were included in that ban.

Just a thought, but aren't air pistol/rifles catagorized along with firearms? What is going to determine what is an imitation weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    The right to bear toys/props is not protected by the constitution.

Excuse me Mr. Storm Trooper, but do you have a blue card for that blaster?
    Yep that says it all. No 2A for toys.

[QUOTE=renoglock22;1839932]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post

Ok. The RGJ made it sound like firearms were included in that ban.
    As stated in the first posting on this, fake and toy guns are not protected by the second amendment and I will add or the preemptive law.

The storm troopers wont look as cool without their blasters.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

They can keep a real British Sten slung on their backs.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Imagine the fun you could have with a pistol that you painted bright orange . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Imagine the fun you could have with a pistol that you painted bright orange . . .

don't do it, some idiot in Tennessee got arrested for OC of a draco with a tip he painted red to resemble a toy.
    Then he tried to get a lawsuit going, represented himself and almost got OC banned in an entire circuit court district.

plus the guy spammed all the gun boards with obnoxious messages after he was rightfully banned everywhere.

Why would you carry a toy gun? Carry a real one.