• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives not allowed on the LV Strip.

28kfps

Just heard on the news 11:00 pm channel 13 a new law is going into affect banning the street performers on the Strip from having any performing object that could be dangerous to the public using the sidewalks. Such as juggling items, acts that use ropes and so on. Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives also not allowed.
Time for a strip walk.

twoskinsonemanns

I just want to say good for them. Speaking as a dad that once had his kid's super hero toy confiscated because it had a holstered firearm molded into the toys torso I can say for certainty that the government cannot do enough to vilify guns and their evil nature. In fact I look forward to the day when their is a nation wide all-personnel 8:30pm curfew in effect year round! ALong, of course, with a nation wide ban on all firearms. It's really the only way to keep the sheep safe.

ed2276

Just heard on the news 11:00 pm channel 13 a new law is going into affect banning the street performers on the Strip from having any performing object that could be dangerous to the public using the sidewalks. Such as juggling items, acts that use ropes and so on. Costumes that have toy or fake guns or knives also not allowed.
Time for a strip walk.

In response, instead of carrying toy or fake guns or knives as part of the costumes they should start carrying real guns and knives.

twoskinsonemanns

In response, instead of carrying toy or fake guns or knives as part of the costumes they should start carrying real guns and knives.

I guess I don't have to tell you what I'll be carrying while I take my youngster out trick or treating.

Although I would put this out there, even though I NEVER give this kind of advice, be careful when your out. Please don't shoot a "vampire" because you feel afraid. Use common sense.

renoglock22

"Dangerous items" banned on Las Vegas strip?

I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.

The Big Guy

I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.[/QUO

"The ban does not apply to firearms." according to article in the Review Journal. There is another thread posted about this as well.

TBG

renoglock22

I just read in the Reno Gazette Journal that it was voted on Tuesday to ban all "dangerous items" from the strip. This includes toy guns, blades longer than 3 inches, anything that shoots a flame or other projectile. I know this is illegal and technically can't be enforced but from what I heard about Vegas and Metro they will f*** you anyways. What can be done about this? Seems like Vegas is turning into Kommiefornia.[/QUO

"The ban does not apply to firearms." according to article in the Review Journal. There is another thread posted about this as well.

TBG

Ok. The RGJ made it sound like firearms were included in that ban.

Dodoandduck

Just a thought, but aren't air pistol/rifles catagorized along with firearms? What is going to determine what is an imitation weapon?

chrsjhnsn

Imagine the fun you could have with a pistol that you painted bright orange . . .

don't do it, some idiot in Tennessee got arrested for OC of a draco with a tip he painted red to resemble a toy.
Then he tried to get a lawsuit going, represented himself and almost got OC banned in an entire circuit court district.

plus the guy spammed all the gun boards with obnoxious messages after he was rightfully banned everywhere.