• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sean combs lawsuit

HKcarrier

I think 40k is pretty meager considering the crap the city and the cops put him through. Sounds as if he is true to his word that he's just about making the city say sorry and to pay his legal fees. Lots of people would go for six or seven figures.

G22

I think 40k is pretty meager considering the crap the city and the cops put him through. Sounds as if he is true to his word that he's just about making the city say sorry and to pay his legal fees. Lots of people would go for six or seven figures.

I agree.

Same with Jeff's case in Warren. As a tax payer in Warren i'm glad he didn't go for the big bucks, but as a gun owner I wish he would have.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
If that were me, the amount would be listed as 100 million.

How many times have we heard of cops joking about someone's rights.

Too many have no respect for them and these rights violating cops all across this nation need to be taught a lesson.

WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS! Don't fricken treat us like criminals.

You (cops) don't want to be lumped into the group of bad apples, THEN DON'T LUMP US INTO GROUP WITH THE CRIMINALS!

Last edited:

DanM

Excellent! Citizens being willing to press civil litigation over rights violations helps to keep abusive government in check.

Wishing you all the best, Sean! Take 'em to the cleaners. They've earned it.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Hello Michigan. I am in a similar suit with the city of bellingham in Washington State. I was victim #3. The first incident with LEOs was dropped. The second was settled out of court for a nominal amount of US$1500. It did not stop the local LEOs from harassing open carriers. I found out that the city does not pay out of taxpayer money. The surrounding cities have grouped together and pool their monies for lawsuit purposes.

"Knowledge is knowing the Fire will burn..........Wisdom is remembering the Blister!"

I have found that a "nominal amount" is not effective as a deterrent. My city has the Knowledge that OC is legal and is not going away. My city will remember the Blister this time.

DocWalker

The end result should be.

1. Legal fees

2. An appology (Public by the Chief and offending officers)

3. Enough money to get a new carry piece.

4. TRAINING FOR ALL LEO ABOUT OPEN CARRY.

TheQ

1. Legal fees

They disparaged his reputation. There should be enough in there to compensate him for that also. Maybe a year or two of college.

G22

1. Legal fees

Still waiting for #4 in Warren, MI

The case was settled for a minimal sum with one of the stipulations being training.
The info was given to the attorney months ago. Hope it happens soon!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
FYI, so far as I can see, this thread has to do with a lawsuit that could have affected all open carriers. So far as I'm concerned, it's on topic. However, be aware other opinions may vary.

FreeInAZ

Well said Doug. +1

You should consider using your post for a signature line.

Good to see you extending the olive branch to Doug - Stainless. I hope you continue posting in a responsible manner. Everyone deserves a second chance, I guess. Carry on openly and safely.

:monkey:monkey:monkey

ETA - If posible please post in the comments section of this story. It is already being over run by anti's.

http://troy.patch.com/articles/rifl...-of-birmingham-for-violating-his-civil-rights

Snip - "Glenn
9:20 am on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

$40,000 should buy him a nice used double-wide and a lifetime supply of "Don't Tread On Me" bumper stickers."

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
They disparaged his reputation. There should be enough in there to compensate him for that also. Maybe a year or two of college.

He would likely need to show a loss of income for slander/libel (if its even a possible cause of action) but he has none to speak of ...

For this particular lawsuit...

I think he should get the cops guns for the time period they kept his ...