• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama hasn't messed witrh my guns

Joseph Cool

Say what you want about Obama, but when it comes to firearms the man has done nothing to make them more difficult to aquire or own. In fact I'd say the crazy conservative gun nuts have done more harm to me by making ammo and firearms scarce and expensive with their paranoid the sky is falling gotta buy as much as I can afford before it's too late attitude. This hurts real firearms enthusiests like myself looking for a good deal on a handgun or rifle. Luckily I've been reloading for decades (something the sky is falling crowd should be doing if they really are serious) so the idiots buying all the ammo don't affect me as much. The truth is these chicken littles are their own worst enemies letting elections scare them into panick buying and driving prices up for everybody.

ADobbs1989

Agreed...and all I hear is OMG OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE MY GUNS AWAY!!!111!! But seriously? He can't just decide he's gonna take guns away....it has to be passed by republics..and democrats..and people who uphold the constitution..which would have to be revised for it to happen. In my opinion the federal government has done a fairly decent job when it comes to not breaking the constitution..whether it's been keeping church/state separate, or our right to bear arms. The entire argument is nothing but a logical fallacy used to scare the weak minded into thinking Obama is just gonna all of a sudden outlaw all weapons or something. Of course Obama has screwed up...of course the government has made mistakes when it comes to the constitution....but this is so far fetched you have gotta be stretch armstrong just to reach out and try to grab on to it.

ADobbs1989

What credentials does this website have, and is there any proof for all of these claims? I can write [THAT SOMETHING IS A FACT] But that doesn't actually make it true until I support my claim with evidence. On top of that it really doesn't matter what Obama supports...unless he can get the bills passed by the House, and the Senate before it means anything...and something that would be in direct violation of the 2nd amendment would have a HELL of a time making it through the process.

COMMENT EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE PERSONAL ATTACK

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

Some folks think that a new law is required to confiscate their gun(s). To confiscate all gun(s) yes. Your guns specifically? No.

It is easier than you would like to think and all it takes is a phone call by virtually anyone and your gun(s) are forfeit to the state until such time that you can prove that you deserve them back.

Steveboos

I still have my guns and still going to apply for more permits, doesn't worry or affect me at all... Obama really isn't all that bad if you think about it, All Presidents are gonna make HUGE mistakes...

paramedic

Say what you want about Obama, but when it comes to firearms the man has done nothing to make them more difficult to aquire or own. In fact I'd say the crazy conservative gun nuts have done more harm to me by making ammo and firearms scarce and expensive with their paranoid the sky is falling gotta buy as much as I can afford before it's too late attitude. This hurts real firearms enthusiests like myself looking for a good deal on a handgun or rifle. Luckily I've been reloading for decades (something the sky is falling crowd should be doing if they really are serious) so the idiots buying all the ammo don't affect me as much. The truth is these chicken littles are their own worst enemies letting elections scare them into panick buying and driving prices up for everybody.

Wow are you really that uniformed. You really need to do some more research. Nobama and Clinton are doing everything they can to take away your guns, they are just doing it quietly. Remember hillary pushed for the U.N. gun treaty. I can see by your join date that you are new to this site, maybe you should spend more time in here researching.

ADobbs1989

Some folks think that a new law is required to confiscate their gun(s). To confiscate all gun(s) yes. Your guns specifically? No.

It is easier than you would like to think and all it takes is a phone call by virtually anyone and your gun(s) are forfeit to the state until such time that you can prove that you deserve them back.

So what..you think Obama is going to put together the largest telemarketer call in history? Call every armed citizen and have their guns confiscated? Yeah right...sure if for some reason the government wants to come and take my guns they can try it...but how long do you think it would take before people caught on and the people doing the confiscations started to get shot? That would be a great way to start another civil war..and no one in their right mind would try to do this to an entire population. On top of that I would file a suit for an unlawful confiscation of property and would eventually get it back at the expense of the government. The fact is that for Obama to take our guns and our right to bear arms away he is going to have to do a HELL of a lot of convincing, and to be honest I don't see the bill ever getting past the House. It's a non-issue. What is an issue is that Romney is 100% an outright liar who changes policy more than he changes pants. I would rather have to worry about fighting a bill in congress than having a schizophrenic liar as my President.

WalkingWolf

What credentials does this website have, and is there any proof for all of these claims? I can write Fact: Moonie enjoys gay sex. But that doesn't actually make it true until I support my claim with evidence. On top of that it really doesn't matter what Obama supports...unless he can get the bills passed by the House, and the Senate before it means anything...and something that would be in direct violation of the 2nd amendment would have a HELL of a time making it through the process.

What is with Obama supporters and gay sex. Are you not paying attention, the democratic party is supposed to be the party of tolerance. Please stop with the homophobia comments.

WalkingWolf

So what..you think Obama is going to put together the largest telemarketer call in history? Call every armed citizen and have their guns confiscated? Yeah right...sure if for some reason the government wants to come and take my guns they can try it...but how long do you think it would take before people caught on and the people doing the confiscations started to get shot? That would be a great way to start another civil war..and no one in their right mind would try to do this to an entire population. On top of that I would file a suit for an unlawful confiscation of property and would eventually get it back at the expense of the government. The fact is that for Obama to take our guns and our right to bear arms away he is going to have to do a HELL of a lot of convincing, and to be honest I don't see the bill ever getting past the House. It's a non-issue. What is an issue is that Romney is 100% an outright liar who changes policy more than he changes pants. I would rather have to worry about fighting a bill in congress than having a schizophrenic liar as my President.

All they have to do is seize manufacturer and FFL records. Not to mention everybody with a permission card is registered with the NCIC database.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Say what you want about Obama, but when it comes to firearms the man has done nothing to make them more difficult to aquire or own.

True, very true.

But, he has taken us on giant steps toward the day when you might need to use them. NDAA, reauthorized the Patriot Act, extra-judicial killing of a US citizen and his teenage son,...

The politicians have figured out that they can bleed us dry as long as they don't take our guns. They understand they can wreck the economy, tax us into poverty, drive the debt to Neptune, and destroy the value of our savings as long as they don't touch our guns. The best trick of all is to have half us hating the other half instead of all of us hating them. Who cares if Americans have guns. If they don't know they're being screwed, and can't correctly identify who is screwing them, guns are no worry at all.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Liberals are a lot like chickens, feed them, occasionally feed them a treat direct from the hand. Stroke and pet them to where they follow you.

And then they will lay their heads down happily on the chopping block.

rugerlcr357lg

Funny funny stuff

enthusiests? LOL a real one huh? :lol:
Before you decide to call someone an idiot, check your spelling, chief.
Did you miss the debate last night?
I see you have 1 post and the only guy to agree with you has 6 posts. Can you spell "plant"?

Did you decide to come here thinking you could sway a vote in Ohio?

If you voted for Obama in '08 to prove you weren't racist, vote Romney to prove you aren't stupid!
Glock: The original point and click interface.
Everything you need to know in life, you should have learned in kindergarten.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Liberals are a lot like chickens, feed them, occasionally feed them a treat direct from the hand. Stroke and pet them to where they follow you.

And then they will lay their heads down happily on the chopping block.

Oh? And, conservatives aren't?

Conservatives don't fall for continuing massive spending on military and war?

Conservatives don't fall for massive spending on foreign policy?

Conservatives don't fall for a War on Drugs that has given the US the highest incarceration rate in the world? A huge part of which is antagonism to a plant that in some places in this country the people (you know, the sovereigns) regard as on a level with beer?

The biggest deception of all is politicians getting half of us to hate the other half. Liberals vs conservatives. While politicians pluck both.

Underlying this is the desire to get something for ourselves. Liberals want freebies. Conservatives want things that can't possibly be free. Both want the government to do them favors or give them advantages over their fellow man. Of course, this just gives the politicians a market. We have to stop using government to our own unfair advantages. And, start hating the politicians, and not each other.

If you can give up your desire for unfair advantage, then you can stop hating the other half. But, you have to first give up that desire to use government. It is the key the politicians use to unluck the door to the toolshed where the axe is kept. Not at all unlike confidence men--greed is the key of a scammer. The victim's interest in money for nothing or a big score gives the confidence man a place to set his hook, to use that interest to reel in the victim. In the same way, politicians use the desire for advantage or favor.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Ahh, how quickly some forget Operation Fast and Furious. And what Reagan, one of our "greatest" presidents, did to gun rights.

And as to the argument that they can't just come and take your guns? They don't have to. All they need to do is get you declared mentally incompetent or suicidal, such as in the case of David Sarti, and *bang*! There goes your right to keep and bear arms. I'm sure Brandon Raub will have an uphill battle to fight to retain his RTKBA after being imprisoned in a mental facility (by the government!) against his will, despite a judge ordering him released, and no history of mental illness or criminal charges brought against him. And wasn't there a vet a year back who mistakenly called a suicide hotline, (he meant to call a vet help hotline for insomnia, IIRC) was turned in and lost his rights too?

To demonize one power hungry megalomaniac while sanctifying the other is foolish and naive. Despite standing on different sides of the aisle, they all have the same end goal; to control you and I.

Jack House

Ya know, NY doesn't messed with MY guns either, nor has DC or Chicago, nor California or Maryland. I suppose it makes those cities/states harmless, amirite?:rolleyes:

eye95

You did hear him last night when he said that he wants to reinstitute the "assault weapon" ban?

He is likely waiting for his second term, when he can be--what did he say to Putin--more flexible. I am convinced that he didn't do anything big about guns during his first term because it would have hurt his chances at reelection. When he doesn't have to worry about reelection, watch out. Then he can take on those folks who cling to their guns and Bibles.

ADobbs1989

What is with Obama supporters and gay sex. Are you not paying attention, the democratic party is supposed to be the party of tolerance. Please stop with the homophobia comments.

Leave it to a Romney supporter to skirt the issue with a non issue. Saying the words "gay sex" is not homophobia...it's sex between gay people. I also never claimed to be a part of the democratic party..I'm simply anti-Romney. Try to re-read what I posted and see if you can use a little bit of reading comprehension without trying to cherry pick so you can skirt around the rest of it.