Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: OT Regarding New Rule OT

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,321

    OT Regarding New Rule OT

    this thread should be safe since i clearly labeled it as OT and this is the Michigan mod opinion regarding such topics:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1837187
    "My main reference was to threads like this. Totally off topic. Something that starts out OT, should be labeled as such. As long as it is, then I have no problem with it. Now, there was another topic that I deleted, partially as OT, and partially as I got more than one complaint that it might be considered LEO bashing. That was the one with the picture of the Detroit female officer who had a gun in her mouth. Some things just don't belong on this forum. That one, was questionable in my opinion. But, with more than one complaint about it, I felt it was better off being gone."

    anywho... on to the reason for this thread:

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1839244
    the forum has added a new rule, number 20, and has banned stainless... just thought some folks might be interested. no personal attacks here, just the facts.

    oh, and i open carried today.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 10-17-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: fixed unlinked link
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

  2. #2
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448

    OT Regarding New Rule OT

    ROTFL. A new troll is born every day.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WilDChilD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dewitt, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    this thread should be safe since i clearly labeled it as OT and this is the Michigan mod opinion regarding such topics:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1837187
    "My main reference was to threads like this. Totally off topic. Something that starts out OT, should be labeled as such. As long as it is, then I have no problem with it. Now, there was another topic that I deleted, partially as OT, and partially as I got more than one complaint that it might be considered LEO bashing. That was the one with the picture of the Detroit female officer who had a gun in her mouth. Some things just don't belong on this forum. That one, was questionable in my opinion. But, with more than one complaint about it, I felt it was better off being gone."

    anywho... on to the reason for this thread:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107498-Question-for-new-Michigan-Mods-OT&p=1839244&viewfull=1#post1839244
    the forum has added a new rule, number 20, and has banned stainless... just thought some folks might be interested. no personal attacks here, just the facts.

    oh, and i open carried today.
    Did you write all this ^ just to tell everybody stainless is banned, again?

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletFactory View Post
    ...
    And he might not be as gone as everybody thinks?
    Last edited by WilDChilD; 10-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,321
    nah, it was also about the new rule
    and yes, he's definitely not gone
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 10-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

  5. #5
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Just a little FYI. I've already received one complaint about this thread. "Simply Mod bashing." No, it's not who some of you may think it is. As for discussing Stainless1911, I don't see the point. He's been banned, that should be the end of the discussion. As for wondering who might or might not be Stainless1911 back with a different screen name, I'd suggest everyone refrain from speculating at least until someone starts posting in a fashion similar to him.

    And just in case anyone thinks I'm being heavy handed with the close/delete hammer, I'm not touching this thread. But, do not be surprised if another mod, or the admin shuts it down.

    That's all I've got. I'm done.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  6. #6
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445
    Re: the topic of the original post, ie the new rule and banning of stainless1911....

    Was "Neil" banned, as in, is he no longer welcome here and any additional user names he may create will also be banned?

    Or was this simply a banning of his user name and if he make another user name, he can stay as long as he follows the rules?

  7. #7
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Re: the topic of the original post, ie the new rule and banning of stainless1911....

    Was "Neil" banned, as in, is he no longer welcome here and any additional user names he may create will also be banned?

    Or was this simply a banning of his user name and if he make another user name, he can stay as long as he follows the rules?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaRdCQCSuc (<=== CLICK) question Doug! It appears to be the "he can stay if he follows the rules" option at this point in time.

  8. #8
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337

    Re: OT Regarding New Rule OT

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaRdCQCSuc (<=== CLICK) question Doug! It appears to be the "he can stay if he follows the rules" option at this point in time.
    I haven't seen anything here to indicate Stainless has returned. Even when he's been banned, seems his memory lingers on. People ask that he be banned. He gets banned. Then those same people see Stainless behind every post. How strange he has so many fans. If I see anything here to indicate he has returned, then that will be dealt with.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  9. #9
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I haven't seen anything here to indicate Stainless has returned. Even when he's been banned, seems his memory lingers on. People ask that he be banned. He gets banned. Then those same people see Stainless behind every post. How strange he has so many fans. If I see anything here to indicate he has returned, then that will be dealt with.
    Whatever you say Doc. Just because someone: uses nearly identical phrasing, Posts under BulletFactory which he is (reloads & good for him on that), Posts location same as Stainless, and so on does not mean they are stainless.

    As usual you are correct. We may be paranoid, and traumatized from reading years of his bunk to the point of being suspicious of similar postings. For the record I never advocated him being banned. I did ask others to deprive him of the attention that drives his bizarre posts. Do what you will, as I am sure it will be as correct as you always are. Carry on keyboard warriors. United we stand, divided we fall.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-17-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: clarify

  10. #10
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Whatever you say Doc. Just because someone: uses nearly identical phrasing, Posts under BulletFactory which he is (reloads & good for him on that), Posts location same as Stainless, and so on does not mean they are stainless.
    Really? Davisburg and Waterford are the same place? Interesting. They don't look to be all that close on a map.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  11. #11
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Really? Davisburg and Waterford are the same place? Interesting. They don't look to be all that close on a map.
    Really...He maintains a Trailer in Davisburg and Stays often with Family in Waterford, but you know this already oh wise one... carry on... Anything else?

  12. #12
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337

    Re: OT Regarding New Rule OT

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Whatever you say Doc. Just because someone: uses nearly identical phrasing, Posts under BulletFactory which he is (reloads & good for him on that), Posts location same as Stainless, and so on does not mean they are stainless.

    As usual you are correct. We may be paranoid, and traumatized from reading years of his bunk to the point of being suspicious of similar postings. For the record I never advocated him being banned. I did ask others to deprive him of the attention that drives his bizarre posts. Do what you will, as I am sure it will be as correct as you always are. Carry on keyboard warriors. United we stand, divided we fall.
    No, you've never advocated Stainless being banned. The issue of my "correctness", even if meant sarcastically, is beside the point; Stainless has been banned and any attempt by him to rejoin would be foolish as I'm fairly sure the admin would deal with it as they see fit. It is their website after all.
    My fear is that any new member will be subjected to suspicion every time they post. Is that fair to them when, in actuality, we never can be entirely sure who anyone is?
    Perhaps instead of testing everyone new who chooses to post, we just put this sordid affair behind us and move on. Let's focus on OC in Michigan (and elsewhere) instead of searching for ghosts.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  13. #13
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    No, you've never advocated Stainless being banned. The issue of my "correctness", even if meant sarcastically, is beside the point; Stainless has been banned and any attempt by him to rejoin would be foolish as I'm fairly sure the admin would deal with it as they see fit. It is their website after all.
    My fear is that any new member will be subjected to suspicion every time they post. Is that fair to them when, in actuality, we never can be entirely sure who anyone is?
    Perhaps instead of testing everyone new who chooses to post, we just put this sordid affair behind us and move on. Let's focus on OC in Michigan (and elsewhere) instead of searching for ghosts.
    Not so. I am sure who you are because I have met you. Likewise I know who stainless is because I have met him on multiple occassions and spoken to him many times on the phone in attemps to help him as you have via PM etc.

    As far as putting this to rest, no issues from me. However the questions posed by Dougwg (which I think have merit) have gone unanswered by an "official" from this fine sub forum (no sacrasm).
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-17-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: phone

  14. #14
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Not so. I am sure who you are because I have met you. Likewise I know who stainless is because I have met him on multiple occassions and spoken to him many times on the phone in attemps to help him as you have via PM etc.

    As far as putting this to rest, no issues from me. However the questions posed by Dougwg (which I think have merit) have gone unanswered by an "official" from this fine sub forum (no sacrasm).
    Entirely sure? lol
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  15. #15
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Entirely sure? lol
    Think Birmingham MI.

  16. #16
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Think Birmingham MI.
    Oh... I was referring to the fact that someone could just say they are on here and there is no verification on the interwebs; meeting in person notwithstanding.

    I THINK I remember....One shouldn't "monkey" around with a 9mm Glock, should they. If I'm correct, I can say that your attendance at Comb's trial gave you away... I was pretty certain a little before that statement.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 10-17-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  17. #17
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Re: the topic of the original post, ie the new rule and banning of stainless1911....

    Was "Neil" banned, as in, is he no longer welcome here and any additional user names he may create will also be banned?

    Or was this simply a banning of his user name and if he make another user name, he can stay as long as he follows the rules?
    Not while I'm watching. Banned is banned. Until then, I'll delete his posts.

    Actually, I should say, I've deleted his posts under his new nom de internet.
    Last edited by Shadow Bear; 10-17-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Changed action to past tense
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

  18. #18
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    Wherever he is, and under which screen name he is using, you can bet he is thoroughly enjoying this. How many "stainless" threads have there been on this forum?
    Correct. The sad thing is he's not a bad guy. Just a very lonely one who will post just about anything if he thinks it will keep him talking to someone, even if that someone thinks he's a nut. I wish him the best. And hope he stops and thinks about why he does what he does. "Can't fix broke, if broke don't know it's broke" as a wise old friend used to say.

  19. #19
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    I see Stainless1911 paranoia is alive and well in this sub forum. I guess I am done here.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  20. #20
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I see Stainless1911 paranoia is alive and well in this sub forum. I guess I am done here.
    BGA, there's a reason for that little button on the moderator's screen.....

    They can run, but they can't hide.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

  21. #21
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Oh... I was referring to the fact that someone could just say they are on here and there is no verification on the interwebs; meeting in person notwithstanding.

    I THINK I remember....One shouldn't "monkey" around with a 9mm Glock, should they. If I'm correct, I can say that your attendance at Comb's trial gave you away... I was pretty certain a little before that statement.
    You are wise, as I mentioned in earlier posts.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Twenty rules? Two of which came in the last month? Oh, my. Starting to sound like a fedgov department around here.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  23. #23
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    BGA, there's a reason for that little button on the moderator's screen.....

    They can run, but they can't hide.
    Yes, but I usually like to have proof before I hit the delete button. But maybe that's just me?
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  24. #24
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Yes, but I usually like to have proof before I hit the delete button. But maybe that's just me?
    Al this is a good policy. No one is saying for certain that the new member is stainless. It might be a good idea to be watchful though right? No need to take things personal, you're still all that and a bag of chips in my book.

  25. #25
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Ummm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Not while I'm watching. Banned is banned. Until then, I'll delete his posts.

    Actually, I should say, I've deleted his posts under his new nom de internet.
    I dont understand the point of just deleting the posts of
    someone that you think is a previously banned user.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •