• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Regarding New Rule OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
this thread should be safe since i clearly labeled it as OT and this is the Michigan mod opinion regarding such topics:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...igan-Mods-OT&p=1837187&viewfull=1#post1837187
"My main reference was to threads like this. Totally off topic. Something that starts out OT, should be labeled as such. As long as it is, then I have no problem with it. Now, there was another topic that I deleted, partially as OT, and partially as I got more than one complaint that it might be considered LEO bashing. That was the one with the picture of the Detroit female officer who had a gun in her mouth. Some things just don't belong on this forum. That one, was questionable in my opinion. But, with more than one complaint about it, I felt it was better off being gone."

anywho... on to the reason for this thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...igan-Mods-OT&p=1839244&viewfull=1#post1839244
the forum has added a new rule, number 20, and has banned stainless... just thought some folks might be interested. no personal attacks here, just the facts.

oh, and i open carried today.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilDChilD

this thread should be safe since i clearly labeled it as OT and this is the Michigan mod opinion regarding such topics:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...igan-Mods-OT&p=1837187&viewfull=1#post1837187
"My main reference was to threads like this. Totally off topic. Something that starts out OT, should be labeled as such. As long as it is, then I have no problem with it. Now, there was another topic that I deleted, partially as OT, and partially as I got more than one complaint that it might be considered LEO bashing. That was the one with the picture of the Detroit female officer who had a gun in her mouth. Some things just don't belong on this forum. That one, was questionable in my opinion. But, with more than one complaint about it, I felt it was better off being gone."

anywho... on to the reason for this thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107498-Question-for-new-Michigan-Mods-OT&p=1839244&viewfull=1#post1839244
the forum has added a new rule, number 20, and has banned stainless... just thought some folks might be interested. no personal attacks here, just the facts.

oh, and i open carried today.

Did you write all this ^ just to tell everybody stainless is banned, again?

And he might not be as gone as everybody thinks?

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Just a little FYI. I've already received one complaint about this thread. "Simply Mod bashing." No, it's not who some of you may think it is. As for discussing Stainless1911, I don't see the point. He's been banned, that should be the end of the discussion. As for wondering who might or might not be Stainless1911 back with a different screen name, I'd suggest everyone refrain from speculating at least until someone starts posting in a fashion similar to him.

And just in case anyone thinks I'm being heavy handed with the close/delete hammer, I'm not touching this thread. But, do not be surprised if another mod, or the admin shuts it down.

That's all I've got. I'm done.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Re: the topic of the original post, ie the new rule and banning of stainless1911....

Was "Neil" banned, as in, is he no longer welcome here and any additional user names he may create will also be banned?

Or was this simply a banning of his user name and if he make another user name, he can stay as long as he follows the rules?

FreeInAZ

Re: the topic of the original post, ie the new rule and banning of stainless1911....

Was "Neil" banned, as in, is he no longer welcome here and any additional user names he may create will also be banned?

Or was this simply a banning of his user name and if he make another user name, he can stay as long as he follows the rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaRdCQCSuc (<=== CLICK) question Doug! It appears to be the "he can stay if he follows the rules" option at this point in time. :question::question::question:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaRdCQCSuc (<=== CLICK) question Doug! It appears to be the "he can stay if he follows the rules" option at this point in time. :question::question::question:

I haven't seen anything here to indicate Stainless has returned. Even when he's been banned, seems his memory lingers on. People ask that he be banned. He gets banned. Then those same people see Stainless behind every post. How strange he has so many fans. If I see anything here to indicate he has returned, then that will be dealt with.

FreeInAZ

I haven't seen anything here to indicate Stainless has returned. Even when he's been banned, seems his memory lingers on. People ask that he be banned. He gets banned. Then those same people see Stainless behind every post. How strange he has so many fans. If I see anything here to indicate he has returned, then that will be dealt with.

Whatever you say Doc. Just because someone: uses nearly identical phrasing, Posts under BulletFactory which he is (reloads & good for him on that), Posts location same as Stainless, and so on does not mean they are stainless.

As usual you are correct. We may be paranoid, and traumatized from reading years of his bunk to the point of being suspicious of similar postings. For the record I never advocated him being banned. I did ask others to deprive him of the attention that drives his bizarre posts. Do what you will, as I am sure it will be as correct as you always are. Carry on keyboard warriors. United we stand, divided we fall.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Whatever you say Doc. Just because someone: uses nearly identical phrasing, Posts under BulletFactory which he is (reloads & good for him on that), Posts location same as Stainless, and so on does not mean they are stainless.
Really? Davisburg and Waterford are the same place? Interesting. They don't look to be all that close on a map.

FreeInAZ

Really? Davisburg and Waterford are the same place? Interesting. They don't look to be all that close on a map.

Really...He maintains a Trailer in Davisburg and Stays often with Family in Waterford, but you know this already oh wise one... carry on... Anything else?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

As usual you are correct. We may be paranoid, and traumatized from reading years of his bunk to the point of being suspicious of similar postings. For the record I never advocated him being banned. I did ask others to deprive him of the attention that drives his bizarre posts. Do what you will, as I am sure it will be as correct as you always are. Carry on keyboard warriors. United we stand, divided we fall.

No, you've never advocated Stainless being banned. The issue of my "correctness", even if meant sarcastically, is beside the point; Stainless has been banned and any attempt by him to rejoin would be foolish as I'm fairly sure the admin would deal with it as they see fit. It is their website after all.
My fear is that any new member will be subjected to suspicion every time they post. Is that fair to them when, in actuality, we never can be entirely sure who anyone is?
Perhaps instead of testing everyone new who chooses to post, we just put this sordid affair behind us and move on. Let's focus on OC in Michigan (and elsewhere) instead of searching for ghosts.

FreeInAZ

No, you've never advocated Stainless being banned. The issue of my "correctness", even if meant sarcastically, is beside the point; Stainless has been banned and any attempt by him to rejoin would be foolish as I'm fairly sure the admin would deal with it as they see fit. It is their website after all.
My fear is that any new member will be subjected to suspicion every time they post. Is that fair to them when, in actuality, we never can be entirely sure who anyone is?
Perhaps instead of testing everyone new who chooses to post, we just put this sordid affair behind us and move on. Let's focus on OC in Michigan (and elsewhere) instead of searching for ghosts.

Not so. I am sure who you are because I have met you. Likewise I know who stainless is because I have met him on multiple occassions and spoken to him many times on the phone in attemps to help him as you have via PM etc.

As far as putting this to rest, no issues from me. However the questions posed by Dougwg (which I think have merit) have gone unanswered by an "official" from this fine sub forum (no sacrasm). ;)

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Not so. I am sure who you are because I have met you. Likewise I know who stainless is because I have met him on multiple occassions and spoken to him many times on the phone in attemps to help him as you have via PM etc.

As far as putting this to rest, no issues from me. However the questions posed by Dougwg (which I think have merit) have gone unanswered by an "official" from this fine sub forum (no sacrasm). ;)

Entirely sure? lol

BoiledFrogs

Wherever he is, and under which screen name he is using, you can bet he is thoroughly enjoying this. How many "stainless" threads have there been on this forum?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Think Birmingham MI.

Oh... I was referring to the fact that someone could just say they are on here and there is no verification on the interwebs; meeting in person notwithstanding.

I THINK I remember....One shouldn't "monkey" around with a 9mm Glock, should they. If I'm correct, I can say that your attendance at Comb's trial gave you away... I was pretty certain a little before that statement.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

Not while I'm watching. Banned is banned. Until then, I'll delete his posts.

Actually, I should say, I've deleted his posts under his new nom de internet.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Wherever he is, and under which screen name he is using, you can bet he is thoroughly enjoying this. How many "stainless" threads have there been on this forum?

Correct. The sad thing is he's not a bad guy. Just a very lonely one who will post just about anything if he thinks it will keep him talking to someone, even if that someone thinks he's a nut. I wish him the best. And hope he stops and thinks about why he does what he does. "Can't fix broke, if broke don't know it's broke" as a wise old friend used to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.