• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Regarding New Rule OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeInAZ

Oh... I was referring to the fact that someone could just say they are on here and there is no verification on the interwebs; meeting in person notwithstanding.

I THINK I remember....One shouldn't "monkey" around with a 9mm Glock, should they. If I'm correct, I can say that your attendance at Comb's trial gave you away... I was pretty certain a little before that statement.

You are wise, as I mentioned in earlier posts. :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Twenty rules? Two of which came in the last month? Oh, my. Starting to sound like a fedgov department around here. :)

FreeInAZ

Yes, but I usually like to have proof before I hit the delete button. But maybe that's just me?

Al this is a good policy. No one is saying for certain that the new member is stainless. It might be a good idea to be watchful though right? No need to take things personal, you're still all that and a bag of chips in my book. :D

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Al this is a good policy. No one is saying for certain that the new member is stainless. It might be a good idea to be watchful though right? No need to take things personal, you're still all that and a bag of chips in my book. :D
I just don't think it's right to delete someone's posts, if they're not otherwise objectionable on the assumption that the user is someone who was previously banned.

Are Davisburg and Waterford so small that only Stainless could be there? Has this Bullet Factory posted any messages suggesting that people should break the laws, because they're wrong? From what I've read, his messages seem rather tame, for now anyway.

But, what the hell, I'm just one person, obviously I'm wrong and everyone else is correct.

And that's it.

autosurgeon

My spidy senses say it is Neil ... They have never failed me yet... Actually I just happen to think the posting style is too alike for it to be anyone else. People tend to write a certain way and his style is distinctive as he tends to do this kissing up to people he knows despise him routine. Which he just did with Doug.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
My spidy senses say it is Neil ... They have never failed me yet... Actually I just happen to think the posting style is too alike for it to be anyone else. People tend to write a certain way and his style is distinctive as he tends to do this kissing up to people he knows despise him routine. Which he just did with Doug.
Well, maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. But if we drive him away by arbitrarily deleting his post for no other reason than we suspect it is him, who are we hurting then? Soon, some guy will go around saying something like: "Darn those people from the Michigan sub forum. They assumed I was some other guy, and just kept deleting my messages!! What did I do? I guess I'll just have to tell all my friends and relatives to avoid that forum."

Of course, if it were me, I'd be using a lot more colorful language than the built in censor would allow. But I have to say, I find it amazing. All of you who wanted Stainless banned finally got your wish, and now you're talking about him more than when he was here. Whether he's logged in or not, he has to be laughing at the way his popularity has grown since he got banned.

I guess no one read John's final comment about getting back to discussing Open Carry. But I guess that's really no big surprise either.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Are you serious? Just start deleting posts from people you suspect are someone else?

Wow.

Way to follow along...

My post questioned the usefulness, fairness and uselessness of deleting posts from a new member that is still in good standing!

IOW... until the new poster breaks the rules, his posts should be left alone for all to read..

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Way to follow along...

My post questioned the usefulness, fairness and uselessness of deleting posts from a new member that is still in good standing!

IOW... until the new poster breaks the rules, his posts should be left alone for all to read..

I could be wrong, but I think maybe he was just questioning the entire conversation, and maybe just happened to quote your message.

Of course, I could be wrong. :)

autosurgeon

Al I was simply making an observation. I work with people all day long in fact this semester over 100 of them... I have lots of practice catching cheating ie writing styles on wrong peoples papers.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

griffin

Way to follow along...

Sorry, I edited my post above. I misread your post! I thought you were advocating deleting posts from suspect members. My apologies, it was entirely my fault for misreading what you wrote.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Al I was simply making an observation. I work with people all day long in fact this semester over 100 of them... I have lots of practice catching cheating ie writing styles on wrong peoples papers.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
My intention is not to pick on anyone in particular. The thing is, Stainless has been banned, it's way past time for everyone to move on. We can speculate all we want, but that doesn't make bulletfactory out to be stainless. And really, as long as his posts don't violate the rules, we shouldn't be deleting them out of hand. It's up to the admin, who has access to far more tools than the mods do, to determine if a banned person has come back under a different screen name.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Not while I'm watching. Banned is banned. Until then, I'll delete his posts.

Actually, I should say, I've deleted his posts under his new nom de internet.

My intention is not to pick on anyone in particular. The thing is, Stainless has been banned, it's way past time for everyone to move on. We can speculate all we want, but that doesn't make bulletfactory out to be stainless. And really, as long as his posts don't violate the rules, we shouldn't be deleting them out of hand. It's up to the admin, who has access to far more tools than the mods do, to determine if a banned person has come back under a different screen name.

I dont understand the point of just deleting the posts of
someone that you think is a previously banned user.

Sooo Ive got to be wondering,,, which Michigan moderator is making the wrong, or right decision requarding your New poster?

1245A Defender

Well,,, just well,,,

Sooo Ive got to be wondering,,, which Michigan moderator is making the wrong, or right decision requarding your New poster?

I guess that would depend on your point of view.

I guess you are sooo right,,, it depends on my point of view...
I guess my question was, just too open ended...
shadowbear wants to,, just delete a new posters posts,,, cause the new poster may be an old banned member...
and you want to allow the new poster to post, just like everybody else, untill forum rules are violated, just like everybody else.

Sooo,,, just what rules of moderation do you two moderators follow?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I guess you are sooo right,,, it depends on my point of view...
I guess my question was, just too open ended...
shadowbear wants to,, just delete a new posters posts,,, cause the new poster may be an old banned member...
and you want to allow the new poster to post, just like everybody else, untill forum rules are violated, just like everybody else.

Sooo,,, just what rules of moderation do you two moderators follow?
I try to follow the rules of the forum. Sometimes it's a judgement call. Honestly, I think this thread should have been closed or deleted, specially since it turned into a Stainless bashfest. And one person, who's been on here for a while, and has not been banned complained about it for mod bashing.

I have seen this before. It lead to a forum closing because everyone else got paranoid about one particular person. So far, this sub-forum seems to be headed the same direction. I hope I'm wrong, but so far, all the signs are there. If we can't put this whole thing behind us, and stop seeing stainless in every new member that shows up. I might as well go to a different forum. And I don't mean MOC either. The atmosphere there is starting to get just as bad, thanks to another person.

TheQ

This thread was a mistake. I'm the one that BGA referenced originally that reported it.

I think we should all do as John asked and get back to OCing.

...the thing is a certain banned poster and his shenanigans up 3/4 of the posts here so the place is kind of quiet. Apparently man ppl can't handle the quiet so they get bored and start trolling. *sighs*

FWIW, I think the new guy is Neil too. As Ryan referenced, posting style and behavior tells the story. I'll note: he hasn't posted since I outed him.

I've seen the same behavior with ppl blaming a new sock puppet on a banned user with others in the past, like Pat. I'm pretty sure all those accounts weren't Pat as they didn't all match Pat's MO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.