Thread: Apologies

Apologies

I would like to make an apology for the heartache I caused some members and the mistake in reviving an old thread. I was not attempting to boost post count or cuase anyone any trouble, I never heard the conclusion of the incident on the thread from the news until last week or so and didn't see it on that thread or any subsequent thread. It was a terrible mistake on my part and I apologize to the Washington OC community for causing that problem. Believe it or not while I enjoy debating people here I do not enjoy causing other people concern or worry as had happened.

Once more, my sincere apologies for reviving the Wal-Mart thread, I promise I won't make that mistake again
    -Erik
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Personally I don't mind old threads being revived once in awhile, there is often discussions and info that is good to be looked at again.

If someone gets hurt or offended by that......seems like they have a bigger problem then somebody who expressed in interest in a discussion of the past.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Why didn't you just pm an apology to the guy you offended, rather than make a whole new thread?

Post count, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Why didn't you just pm an apology to the guy you offended, rather than make a whole new thread?

Post count, perhaps?
    Why didn't you send a PM to EMN pointing this out, rather than make a whole reply?

Post count, perhaps?

(takes one to know one! )

Will it be okay if I PM all 29,446 members to get it over with?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr View Post
    Will it be okay if I PM all 29,446 members to get it over with?

Michael

MLR, I thought I had a low post count for the time I have been on here. But 27 in 5 years... What do you have a life or something? LOL

To be on subject, I didn't look at the date several days ago and told my GF about the crazy shooting in Walmart. She tried to find it on the news and couldn't. She was rather frustrated for maybe 30 minutes, then found it on Google and proceeded to correct me for 30 more minutes. I shrugged my shoulders after the first 5 and started to flip channels, I caught a few words of it.

I like reading old threads, It should have occured to me it was old when that many posts were there and I didn't see that thread the day before.

Bumping old thread = no big deal

Posting I have no new information, but someday I might have new information = attention seeking behavior imho.

It's the internet. The reader is responsible for actually reading things (like post dates).

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Why didn't you send a PM to EMN pointing this out, rather than make a whole reply?

Post count, perhaps?

(takes one to know one! )
    Why didn't you PM me to point this out, rather than make a whole reply?

I suppose we'd have just zinged each other, if either of us had a history of trying to claim post count as some sign of significance.