Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ82

New CZ82

UPS just dropped this lil beut off . Could end up being a new OC piece, but first its got a date with a can of brake cleaner & Hoppe's. And now I'm kicking myself and I didn't order a couple of extra mags along with it, since they're not as plentiful as I'd thought. Anyone know of any local sources? How bout a good deal on 9mil Makarov? Don't remember off the top of my head of Walmart carrys any, but was never really looking either.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cz82.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	9410
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

New CZ82

Nice!! If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    UPS just dropped this lil beut off . Could end up being a new OC piece, but first its got a date with a can of brake cleaner & Hoppe's. And now I'm kicking myself and I didn't order a couple of extra mags along with it, since they're not as plentiful as I'd thought. Anyone know of any local sources? How bout a good deal on 9mil Makarov? Don't remember off the top of my head of Walmart carrys any, but was never really looking either.

Nice! Well I've never seen 9x18mm for sale at Wal-Mart, I don't even think my local gun shop carries it, the only places I've seen it are at the WAC shows and the like.

Cheaper then dirt is out of stock on it too....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Nice! Well I've never seen 9x18mm for sale at Wal-Mart, I don't even think my local gun shop carries it, the only places I've seen it are at the WAC shows and the like.

It is a gun no longer in production.

Metal, what version do you have the Vz82 (military version) or the CZ83 (civilian)?
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Nice!! If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?
    $199 + shipping from J&G out of Prescott AZ. Just came with the military-issue holster & no goodies. 1988 mfg.

I'm usually tripping over the stuff when I'm NOT looking for it (digging thru for the "real" 9mm lol). I'd always thought that the ammo its self was pretty plentiful, even a few choices for JHP's. I see that Suplus Ammo down in Tacoma has a good deal of 500 Russkie rounds for about $100, wasn't planning on quite that much or quite that drive yet tho

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    It is a gun no longer in production.

Metal, what version do you have the Vz82 (military version) or the CZ83 (civilian)?
    CZ-82 mil/cop version of course, else UPS couldn't have dropped it off. Looks like mine was military issue: carried much, fired little. The finish has plenty of, um, character
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 10-17-2012 at 05:52 PM.

J&G has both mags and ammo in stock according to their website.
    Centerfire Systems also has 9x18 ammo.
    I carry the Silver Bear HP in my CZ82.
    When I bought my CZ82 they came with a cleaning rod and lanyard in the holster along with a 2nd mag.
    I recommend that you get at least 4 spare mags and a couple of cases of ammo. The mags will become scarce and the prices won't get any cheaper.

Cz82

These are very good guns. A couple of friends of mine carry them.

You should be able to fine all the ammo you need at any well supplied gun shop. Hornaday makes great HP ammo in 9X18. The pistol eats it up with no problem.

Bill

You won't find 9x18mm Mak in any of the big box stores. But most guns shops will carry it. And, if it's legal in your state, there's also mail order as well.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

A CZ-82 was the first gun I ever purchased with my C&R license. It has the smoothest DA trigger of any automatic I've handled. It impresses me every single time I pick it up and shoot it. Students love it, and are amazed that it is among my cheaper firearms.

But, as mentioned, it's an imported surplus police sidearm, and looks like it. The worst finish wear it gets is where the importer stamps their marking on it, though!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    A CZ-82 was the first gun I ever purchased with my C&R license. It has the smoothest DA trigger of any automatic I've handled. It impresses me every single time I pick it up and shoot it. Students love it, and are amazed that it is among my cheaper firearms.

But, as mentioned, it's an imported surplus police sidearm, and looks like it. The worst finish wear it gets is where the importer stamps their marking on it, though!
    I've been wanting to get one for a long time. I think it would make a nice addition to my Bulgarian Makarov. Maybe next tax season.
    Big Gay Al

Well,,,

I would like to join in on the CZ 82 love fest...
    they are great guns, they are ambidextarious, they are bullet proof, every part is fully machined except for the mag...
    I bought 2 for 200$ each from classic arms..
    did I ever tell you about the time I found some guns in my mail box?
    Oh did I say they are kind of ugly?
    they are not polished or plated,,, they are Painted black!
    I buy silver bear JHP from "ammotogo",,, it is flawless so far.
    they are double stack, 12 plus 1.
    A little thick for Deep conceal,,, and a little small for a nice OC, but they work just fine for either.
    I never pack mine, I have other favorites for that,,, but I always take the CZ 82 and the P64 and shoot them
    when I go to the pit,,, actually when I go to the pit I take about 12 pistols.
    Anyway... the CZ 82... and... the P64 have always worked perfectly.
    I would recomend them to anybody,, anytime!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

CZ(VZ)82 is my daily carry, I have several. A great little handgun with a polygonal barrel (think glock). I use silver bears too, a nice little hollow point, and inexpensive. You may have a bit of trouble finding a holster. I tried an Uncle Mikes for a while, but I settled on the Fobus. They take duracoat really well and look good. Easy to deploy and accurate.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Falco Holsters makes holsters for the CZ82.
    This is the one I am looking at.
    http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/g...er-it-131.html

I have a CZ52 (7.62X25), CZ82 (9X18) and a CZ85 (9X19).

These guys http://shop.reedsammo.com/searchquic...?keywords=9X18 have nice stuff for both the 7.62X25 and the 9X18. Not super cheap, but works good. They also custom load a lot of oddball ammo. Just type in the ammo type in their search box.

I get my 9X19mm and .38 special from Buffalo Bore.
    Last edited by hermannr; 10-18-2012 at 01:00 PM.

New CZ82

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Falco Holsters makes holsters for the CZ82.
    This is the one I am looking at.
    http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/g...er-it-131.html
    Oooooohhh I like that one, bookmarked! I carried my Tanfoglio cross draw for a while and like the location, but that thing is just too darn heavy. I've got the police issue holster on order that I hear is pretty nice for what it is.

For those of you who carry the cz, do you carry with the hammer down or cocked & locked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oooooohhh I like that one, bookmarked! I carried my Tanfoglio cross draw for a while and like the location, but that thing is just too darn heavy. I've got the police issue holster on order that I hear is pretty nice for what it is.

For those of you who carry the cz, do you carry with the hammer down or cocked & locked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hammer down.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I have a CZ52 (7.62X25), CZ82 (9X18) and a CZ85 (9X19).

These guys http://shop.reedsammo.com/searchquic...?keywords=9X18 have nice stuff for both the 7.62X25 and the 9X18. Not super cheap, but works good. They also custom load a lot of oddball ammo. Just type in the ammo type in their search box.

I get my 9X19mm and .38 special from Buffalo Bore.
    I like Reeds. Back when I had a 10mm, I got their 10mm loads. The best I've ever seen. Not the weak commercial stuff.
    Big Gay Al

Refinishing/Reblueing/Metalife/Duracoat/??? Other? DIY?

Name:	IMG00083-20101001-1948.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	9416
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    They take duracoat really well and look good. Easy to deploy and accurate.
    That tan 'duracoat' one looks nice! What is this coat of dura which you speak of?

BTW, What is the best way that y'all have found to re-finish your c&r pistol(s)? I want to drastically reduce the possibility for rust as the bluing is wearing/worn off of several of them. I regularly clean them and keep them oiled, but maybe it's the humidity of being in the rain carrying daily that they want to start rusting... I want to keep them nice for a long time. Thanks.

I've always been tempted to do this:
    http://mahovskysmetalife.com/Metalif...20Page%202.htm

but the price has kept me putting it off.

I carry mine with a round in the chamber and hammer down. It has beautiful DA and the hammer stands off from the fire pin in case a soldier drops it. That probably never happened. I don't like crossdraw.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I like Reeds.. Not the weak commercial stuff.
    You got that right...oh, if you have a Russian or Chinese 7.62X25mm you might not want to use Reed's stuff on a regular basis....it is some hot ammo.

I love the CZ 82 pistol, I picked one up a few weeks ago plus three holsters, one extra magazine, and an extra grip set in OD Duracoat. In one holster, I have to keep the hammer locked back, but the retention strap sits between the hammer and the firing block. On the drop leg I can keep the hammer dropped. In the Crossbreed, I'll have to keep the hammer dropped as well. Nice shooting pistol, and the ammo isn't hard to find. The magazines are a pain to load - seems they used garage door springs in the mags, or, these magazines haven't been used a lot. LOL! I was also using steel cased cheapy Tula ammo, but bought brass cased this time... we'll see if this helps the loading issue, since there isn't that coating on the rounds which kept them from sliding over each other easily. Either that, or I'll have to fabricate a speed loader for them, like a Glock has.

One thing I have read about them is... DO NOT TAKE THEM APART FURTHER THAN A NORMAL FIELD STRIPPING for cleaning, these are a major bear to get to functioning normally afterwords!

Oh yeah! Just loaded a mag with the brass cased ammo, and it is much easier! Springs are still stubborn though!
    Last edited by WOD; 10-19-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added loading magazine comment.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    One thing I have read about them is... DO NOT TAKE THEM APART FURTHER THAN A NORMAL FIELD STRIPPING for cleaning, these are a major bear to get to functioning normally afterwords!!
    You mean this is NOT a field strip??

Ummmm, generally no....^^^ that is a complete disassembly, not a field strip.

These pistols can be a bear to put back together properly, and if not properly done can cause functionality issues. This is true with any firearm though, if not properly put back together.
    I'm sure one could find help re-assembling them to resolve any functionality issues after a full disassembly, Without an experienced CZ guide, I wouldn't risk it on my own, but that's just me. If you are mechanically inclined, have good eyesight, and a memory for reversing processes, it can be done easily too ... once you know how. If you don't know the order of disassembly/re-assembly, it makes it much more time consuming. I don't know that I would take any weapon down that far in a field environment, too easy to lose parts... again, that's just me. LOL!
    Last edited by WOD; 10-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    You mean this is NOT a field strip??
    No, because you still have the barrel attached. :-)
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 10-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.

It takes heavy machinery to pull the barrel off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast