• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CZ82

Metalhead47

UPS just dropped this lil beut off :banana:. Could end up being a new OC piece, but first its got a date with a can of brake cleaner & Hoppe's. And now I'm kicking myself and I didn't order a couple of extra mags along with it, since they're not as plentiful as I'd thought. Anyone know of any local sources? How bout a good deal on 9mil Makarov? Don't remember off the top of my head of Walmart carrys any, but was never really looking either.
cz82.jpg

EMNofSeattle

UPS just dropped this lil beut off :banana:. Could end up being a new OC piece, but first its got a date with a can of brake cleaner & Hoppe's. And now I'm kicking myself and I didn't order a couple of extra mags along with it, since they're not as plentiful as I'd thought. Anyone know of any local sources? How bout a good deal on 9mil Makarov? Don't remember off the top of my head of Walmart carrys any, but was never really looking either.
View attachment 9410

Nice! Well I've never seen 9x18mm for sale at Wal-Mart, I don't even think my local gun shop carries it, the only places I've seen it are at the WAC shows and the like.

Cheaper then dirt is out of stock on it too....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
View attachment 9410

Nice! Well I've never seen 9x18mm for sale at Wal-Mart, I don't even think my local gun shop carries it, the only places I've seen it are at the WAC shows and the like.

It is a gun no longer in production.

Metal, what version do you have the Vz82 (military version) or the CZ83 (civilian)?

Metalhead47

Nice!! If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?

$199 + shipping from J&G out of Prescott AZ. Just came with the military-issue holster & no goodies. 1988 mfg.

I'm usually tripping over the stuff when I'm NOT looking for it (digging thru for the "real" 9mm lol). I'd always thought that the ammo its self was pretty plentiful, even a few choices for JHP's. I see that Suplus Ammo down in Tacoma has a good deal of 500 Russkie rounds for about $100, wasn't planning on quite that much or quite that drive yet tho :eek:

It is a gun no longer in production.

Metal, what version do you have the Vz82 (military version) or the CZ83 (civilian)?

CZ-82 mil/cop version of course, else UPS couldn't have dropped it off. Looks like mine was military issue: carried much, fired little. The finish has plenty of, um, character :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jeeper1

J&G has both mags and ammo in stock according to their website.
Centerfire Systems also has 9x18 ammo.
I carry the Silver Bear HP in my CZ82.
When I bought my CZ82 they came with a cleaning rod and lanyard in the holster along with a 2nd mag.
I recommend that you get at least 4 spare mags and a couple of cases of ammo. The mags will become scarce and the prices won't get any cheaper.

Bill45

Cz82

These are very good guns. A couple of friends of mine carry them.

You should be able to fine all the ammo you need at any well supplied gun shop. Hornaday makes great HP ammo in 9X18. The pistol eats it up with no problem.

Bill

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator

You won't find 9x18mm Mak in any of the big box stores. But most guns shops will carry it. And, if it's legal in your state, there's also mail order as well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
A CZ-82 was the first gun I ever purchased with my C&R license. It has the smoothest DA trigger of any automatic I've handled. It impresses me every single time I pick it up and shoot it. Students love it, and are amazed that it is among my cheaper firearms.

But, as mentioned, it's an imported surplus police sidearm, and looks like it. The worst finish wear it gets is where the importer stamps their marking on it, though!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
A CZ-82 was the first gun I ever purchased with my C&R license. It has the smoothest DA trigger of any automatic I've handled. It impresses me every single time I pick it up and shoot it. Students love it, and are amazed that it is among my cheaper firearms.

But, as mentioned, it's an imported surplus police sidearm, and looks like it. The worst finish wear it gets is where the importer stamps their marking on it, though!
I've been wanting to get one for a long time. I think it would make a nice addition to my Bulgarian Makarov. Maybe next tax season. :)

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I would like to join in on the CZ 82 love fest...
they are great guns, they are ambidextarious, they are bullet proof, every part is fully machined except for the mag...
I bought 2 for 200$ each from classic arms..
did I ever tell you about the time I found some guns in my mail box?
Oh did I say they are kind of ugly?
they are not polished or plated,,, they are Painted black!
I buy silver bear JHP from "ammotogo",,, it is flawless so far.
they are double stack, 12 plus 1.
A little thick for Deep conceal,,, and a little small for a nice OC, but they work just fine for either.
I never pack mine, I have other favorites for that,,, but I always take the CZ 82 and the P64 and shoot them
when I go to the pit,,, actually when I go to the pit I take about 12 pistols.
Anyway... the CZ 82... and... the P64 have always worked perfectly.
I would recomend them to anybody,, anytime!!!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
CZ(VZ)82 is my daily carry, I have several. A great little handgun with a polygonal barrel (think glock). I use silver bears too, a nice little hollow point, and inexpensive. You may have a bit of trouble finding a holster. I tried an Uncle Mikes for a while, but I settled on the Fobus. They take duracoat really well and look good. Easy to deploy and accurate.

Metalhead47

Falco Holsters makes holsters for the CZ82.
This is the one I am looking at.
http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/...78-cross-draw-leather-gun-holster-it-131.html

Oooooohhh I like that one, bookmarked! I carried my Tanfoglio cross draw for a while and like the location, but that thing is just too darn heavy. I've got the police issue holster on order that I hear is pretty nice for what it is.

For those of you who carry the cz, do you carry with the hammer down or cocked & locked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hermannr

Oooooohhh I like that one, bookmarked! I carried my Tanfoglio cross draw for a while and like the location, but that thing is just too darn heavy. I've got the police issue holster on order that I hear is pretty nice for what it is.

For those of you who carry the cz, do you carry with the hammer down or cocked & locked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammer down.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I have a CZ52 (7.62X25), CZ82 (9X18) and a CZ85 (9X19).

These guys http://shop.reedsammo.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=9X18 have nice stuff for both the 7.62X25 and the 9X18. Not super cheap, but works good. They also custom load a lot of oddball ammo. Just type in the ammo type in their search box.

I get my 9X19mm and .38 special from Buffalo Bore.
I like Reeds. Back when I had a 10mm, I got their 10mm loads. The best I've ever seen. Not the weak commercial stuff.

ConcordScout

Refinishing/Reblueing/Metalife/Duracoat/??? Other? DIY?

IMG00083-20101001-1948.jpg
They take duracoat really well and look good. Easy to deploy and accurate.

That tan 'duracoat' one looks nice! What is this coat of dura which you speak of?

BTW, What is the best way that y'all have found to re-finish your c&r pistol(s)? I want to drastically reduce the possibility for rust as the bluing is wearing/worn off of several of them. I regularly clean them and keep them oiled, but maybe it's the humidity of being in the rain carrying daily that they want to start rusting... I want to keep them nice for a long time. Thanks.

I've always been tempted to do this:
http://mahovskysmetalife.com/Metalife Finish Page 2.htm

but the price has kept me putting it off.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I carry mine with a round in the chamber and hammer down. It has beautiful DA and the hammer stands off from the fire pin in case a soldier drops it. That probably never happened. I don't like crossdraw.