Thread: Off topic- ups shipping

Off topic- ups shipping

For everyones general info.:

Last week I sent my Springfield Armory .45 off to Cylinder and Slide for some custom work.

I went to UPS to ship it. The counter person said I had to have a copy of Cyl. and Slides FFL before UPS would ship it!!!!

What A** holes! This is something new UPS is up to, to harrass gun owners.

I went to Fed Ex and shipped it out with no problem no paperwork other than the ordinary. Costs $84.00.

I was so P.O.ed at UPS I could hardly walk upright. I think the company is getting more anti gun every day.

I will NEVER use UPS again for any personal shipping and will ask any company I do business with not to ship UPS.

UPS should be put on a DO NOT PATRONIZE LIST.

Bill

UPS= Unionized Pot Smokers.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    Wait a minute. Lets first verify that is in fact UPS policy and not invented by that local office or the clerk. Last thing we want is to deny UPS business because some anti-gun shipping clerk gave out bad info.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I run a gun shop. And had a similar experience, they demanded the FFL, even though it is not required by law.

One of our vendors uses UPS, but I know they are considering changing to FEDEX.

When we have to send guns in for repair, we choose FEDEX as there are no issues.
    Live Free or Die!

You want a copy of their FFL? Here - go look it up -- http://fflgundealers.net/

As for UPS policy - gotcha right here: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html Not a word about needing a copy of the recepient's FFL.

I'd be contacting the area/regional office asking how tjhey intend to deal with the behavior of <name of UPS weenie> who told you they refused to accept your shipment without a copy of the FFL. Either scan the FedEx receipt or preferably show it to them in a face-to-face meeting.

Does UPS provide remedial training for employees they are firing?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You want a copy of their FFL? Here - go look it up -- http://fflgundealers.net/

As for UPS policy - gotcha right here: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html Not a word about needing a copy of the recepient's FFL.

I'd be contacting the area/regional office asking how tjhey intend to deal with the behavior of <name of UPS weenie> who told you they refused to accept your shipment without a copy of the FFL. Either scan the FedEx receipt or preferably show it to them in a face-to-face meeting.

Does UPS provide remedial training for employees they are firing?

stay safe.
    Thanks, Skid.

In fact, the paragraph about documentation near the bottom of the webpage says nothing about proving the FFL license.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

What????

It costs EIGHTY FOUR DOLLARS to ship a PISTOL???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

The last gun I shipped was to the manufacture and had no issues with UPS, it may have to do with business offering UPS services??
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Re: Off topic- ups shipping

All ups stores(all two that is) have had signs listing things they won't ship. Guns and ammo are two on the list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    All ups stores(all two that is) have had signs listing things they won't ship. Guns and ammo are two on the list.

I can tell you, with the utmost assurance, that UPS ships guns and ammo without a problem.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post

We need to differentiate here.

We're not talking about certain types of UPS stores--those are already mentioned at the link to UPS shipping rules in the post above.

We are talking about whether there is a UPS policy that you need to show the recipients FFL in order to ship from one of the UPS centers that does accept guns for shipping by air.

FYI: UPS Stores are franchises, individual store policies may not reflect that of actual UPS policy.

Go to a real UPS Customer Center...

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html
    Last edited by bmg50cal; 10-18-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    It costs EIGHTY FOUR DOLLARS to ship a PISTOL???
    Yes, unfortunately true. I was forced to shop a pistol that would have fit in a small USPS flat rate box via UPS, next day air. It was explained that UPS doesn't want firearms sitting around at any of their transfer points any longer than necessary. Seems like they have a large problem with firearm theft. Since Next Day Air is handled real quick, almost hand-to-hand, they have fewer "lost firearms".

In truth it seems like both carriers would just as soon not be bothered by firearm shipments from anything other than manufacturers/distributors. One way to discourage private individuals is to make it as expensive as possible. UPS negotiates rates with major shippers so they don't have the same issues as us mere mortals.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Union Package Smashers? (said with fondness - I do enjoy when the Big Brown Truck of Happiness pays me a visit...)

What, you described the contents as something other than "Machine Parts" ???

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post
    Union Package Smashers? (said with fondness - I do enjoy when the Big Brown Truck of Happiness pays me a visit...)

What, you described the contents as something other than "Machine Parts" ???
    When I shipped a rifle it was labeled as sporting goods.

As for the handgun theft. It's sadly true. The ATF was snooping around the Redmond building due how many guns were being stolen out of that building.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I don't remember whether we used FEDEX or UPS to ship the wife's Sig back to them for sight upgrade and used firearm refurbish, but we had to go to the actual shipping center. The storefront 's don't accept firearms, it was something to do with the age requirement (21 plus) to start and finish the shipping.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.