• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My wife needs a CC rig. Ideas?

OC for ME

If the photo is typical of the attire that your Dear Wife wears on a routine basis it would behoove you and her to follow PPM's advise about the various options available for the differing clothing options. I always defer to my Dear Wife where common sense is required to be used.

Last bit of advice, "you look great" is always the proper response.

Fuller Malarkey

While I carry 24/7, there are a number of places I don't carry. I don't carry inside my employer's building, government buildings, while sleeping in bed, while drinking alcohol, or while swimming or taking a shower. Are these things more valuable than my life? Of course not. But I realize that obsolute 24/7 carry isn't practicable.

:banghead:

Oh for christ's sake, have some common sense. If someone says they carry 24/7, that means they carry all time with the exception of restricted areas or where it's not practicable, ie in bed, showering, etc.

Again, this is one of those times when a little common sense would have done well for you.

Scotty. You just applied for a carry permit in Minnesota three weeks ago. If you have received the permit, it could have only been in the past few days. How many hours of 24/7 experience can you really have if you just got the permit?

Last edited:

ScottE

Scotty. You just applied for a carry permit in Minnesota three weeks ago. If you have received the permit, it could have only been in the past few days. How many hours of 24/7 experience can you really have if you just got the permit?

Let's see. I believe I've been carrying for a total of 2 hours now. :lol:

Now, if you don't mind, back on topic. Again, finding a CC solution is great. But I wouldn't advise someone to CC at work if the company has a policy against it. If the penalty of being caught is a gentle slap on the hand (which I highly doubt), then go for it. But if the penalty is termination, in this tough economy, you need to put some common sense to work and ask yourself if it's worth it. I know my family would be financially destroyed if I lost my job.

OC for ME

ScottE being a new lawful CCer does not invalidate the contention that packing heat at work could get you fired. Even a hottie who is packing heat in one of those fancy undiewear holsters.

PistolPackingMomma

No one is arguing that. But some make the choice that losing their job is a more acceptable risk than losing their life. Everyone has to make that choice for themselves, and obviously the OP's wife has made her choice, so offering advice she's likely considered and decided upon isn't constructive or helpful in the way she needs.

ScottE

No one is arguing that. But some make the choice that losing their job is a more acceptable risk than losing their life. Everyone has to make that choice for themselves, and obviously the OP's wife has made her choice, so offering advice she's likely considered and decided upon isn't constructive or helpful in the way she needs.

I'm sure carrying into a courtroom is illegal in the OP's state. If the OP wanted to carry into a courtroom, would you also advise them on how to get away with that as well?

Sorry, but I'm not the type that can advise someone to do something, knowing that there could/will be negative unintended consequences from said advice. I'd rather advise them of other options, such as not carrying at work if they have a policy against it.

Fuller Malarkey

I'm sure carrying into a courtroom is illegal in the OP's state. If the OP wanted to carry into a courtroom, would you also advise them on how to get away with that as well?

Sorry, but I'm not the type that can advise someone to do something, knowing that there could/will be negative unintended consequences from said advice. I'd rather advise them of other options, such as not carrying at work if they have a policy against it.

So Scotty. What's your moral position on carrying a concealed weapon, [as you state you don't open carry], without a permit, in a state that requires a permit to carry a firearm? Do you advocate for that illegal activity, yet see moral issue with protecting one's self at work?

PistolPackingMomma

I have not advised on or advocated illegal behavior. I merely answered the OP's questions, and explained some will make decisions based on what is more important to them than to you. Your arrogant assumptions on the personal choices of others are revealing of both your character and obvious inexperience.

Please create a new thread if you wish to continue this discourse, and stop derailing Esanders2008's thread.

ScottE

So Scotty. What's your moral position on carrying a concealed weapon, [as you state you don't open carry], without a permit, in a state that requires a permit to carry a firearm? Do you advocate for that illegal activity, yet see moral issue with protecting one's self at work?

As for carrying via any method, if it's illegal to carry without a permit, I would never advise someone to carry until they have a permit.

I have no moral issue with someone protecting themselves at work. I have a moral issue with helping them possibly get fired.

What is it with some people that think because they carry a gun, that rules and laws don't apply to them? If the company has a no weapons policy and you insist on carrying a firearm while at work, do the responsible thing and get a new job that allows it. Don't break company policies just because you want to.

WalkingWolf

As for carrying via any method, if it's illegal to carry without a permit, I would never advise someone to carry until they have a permit.

I have no moral issue with someone protecting themselves at work. I have a moral issue with helping them possibly get fired.

What is it with some people that think because they carry a gun, that rules and laws don't apply to them? If the company has a no weapons policy and you insist on carrying a firearm while at work, do the responsible thing and get a new job that allows it. Don't break company policies just because you want to.

I would say that is her decision, NOT yours.

If a lady works in a hazardous environment, such as late night in a convenience store, I think life comes before job.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

If her employer doesn't allow firearms, I would suggest she not carry at work. I know my company has the same policy, and if caught I'd likely be terminated. Eventhough I CC, it's too risky and not worth losing my job over. I keep mine in a lockbox that is locked via cable underneath my seat in my truck in the parking lot while inside the building.

I agree and have the same kind of setup with one exception. I keep the magazine on me. That way if by some chance they get my car or my gun they have no magazine and no ammo. Not perfect but just means they need to spend money to use my gun which gives me time to make sure it's reported to the authorities and insurance.

Steeler-gal

I have a flashbang bra holster for my LCR and its OK. Its just not my favorite place to carry my LCR. I could definitely get to if needed and sometimes choose that as my BUG.

I'm a big girl too and her problem isn't going to be the gun or type of holster it's going to be where she wears it on her hip. I find my Kahr and my S&W both conceal well just off my hip at about 4 o'clock. I have another big girl friend who likes hers at the appendix.

I do prefer OC over CC but find that CCing creates a nice personal game. Like a deep conceal game - can they tell I'm carrying?

There's also a bra holster by Well Armed Woman that sorta tucks the gun on the side of the bra instead of underneath the girls. She might want to look at that along with the flashbang. I forget what they call that holster.

She's just going to have to experiment with IWB, belly bands, flashbangs, fanny/belly packs and purses until she finds what works for her gun, body and comfort level.

PistolPackingMomma

Believe it or not I think that why they call it that. You do pretty much flash the person in order to retrieve your gun.

Really? In all of my practice draws and videos of it in use online, I've never seen the shirt lifted up high enough to constitute 'flashing'. When I first heard of it, I did think "Oh, 'flash' him to stun him, then 'bang' to drop him!" Now I wonder if it's meant to refer to being able to get to your bang stick in a flash.