Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid says your a Cop or a Burglar

Kid says your a Cop or a Burglar

I slapped together this little vid of this adorable little boy and his perception of an OC'er having lunch at a Wendy's. It's entertaining at first but also presents the brainwashed image of firearms the media has created.

Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

burg-a-ler

lol - not sure what's worse, the audio of the kid or the opening pic of another OC'er using a Serpa.
    Scott

Glock 23
    White Hat iwb MaxTuck Holster

What's wrong with serpas? Funny vid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE View Post
    lol - not sure what's worse, the audio of the kid or the opening pic of another OC'er using a Serpa.
    What's wrong with a serpa?

Well,,,

I will remind you,,, my, young, inexperianced, impressionable, new guy..
    When you signed on to this forum, you didnt have a gun, training, experiance or knowledge.
    Look at your first posts,,, you thought the serpa was a great holster to have.
    Then you saw one vidio of a guy that screwed up a quick draw demonstration,,, we have all seen it!
    Now you have a gun, 5 to 8 hours of training, from a concealed carry advocate,
    and now you know all the answers....

You Know Just About Nothing!!!

AND!!! your post is OFF TOPIC!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

He should have answered the kid's question with a simple: "to protect myself from bad guys"

Future cop that kid will be.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Amusing in a sad sort of way.
    I agree with telling him "to protect myself from bad guys".
    And it sounds like either you were having a bad day or you're not used to kids... got frustrated waaaay too fast.
    Good job trying to reason with him, though. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I will remind you,,, my, young, inexperianced, impressionable, new guy..
    When you signed on to this forum, you didnt have a gun, training, experiance or knowledge.
    Look at your first posts,,, you thought the serpa was a great holster to have.
    Then you saw one vidio of a guy that screwed up a quick draw demonstration,,, we have all seen it!
    Now you have a gun, 5 to 8 hours of training, from a concealed carry advocate,
    and now you know all the answers....

You Know Just About Nothing!!!

AND!!! your post is OFF TOPIC!!!
    +1

Sent from my iPhone.

Millions of people use the Blackhawk Serpas, they are fine if used properly. Is it possible to have an issue...sure it is, as with any holster. They are better than a non retention holster. I personally switched to a Safariland ALS for some of the reasons. But I don't care if people use them, at least they are using something. But I agree this is getting far Off Topic.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 10-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Millions of people use the Blackhawk Serpas, they are fine if used properly. Is it possible to have an issue...sure it is, as with any holster. They are better than a non retention holster. I personally switched to a Safariland ALS for some of the reasons. But I don't care if people use them, at least they are using something. But I agree this is getting far Off Topic.
    There are reasons that many use Serpas.

Congrats on using the Safariland ALS if you're going to OC.
    Scott

Glock 23

SERPA all the way! I won't buy a gun if Blackhawk doesn't make a SERPA holster for it.
    Jesus thought it was more important to be armed than well dressed:

Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his
    scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.~Luke 22:36

(Emphasis mine.)

(Note that the word "garment" here refers to an outer cloak, equivalent to today's sport coats or
    suit jackets in that they both provided warmth and conveyed a certain level of sophistication.)

Banned
    I agree with the kid ... you are a burger !

Tell the kid you are Han Solo, maybe he will know who you are talking about, then maybe not.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Tell the kid you are Han Solo, maybe he will know who you are talking about, then maybe not.
    I doubt it.

Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his
    scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.~Luke 22:36

(Emphasis mine.)

(Note that the word "garment" here refers to an outer cloak, equivalent to today's sport coats or
    suit jackets in that they both provided warmth and conveyed a certain level of sophistication.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubex DE View Post
    SERPA all the way! I won't buy a gun if Blackhawk doesn't make a SERPA holster for it.
    Please tell me this is sarcasm.
    Scott

Glock 23

Well,,,

Wow! Just two months ago, before you even owned a gun, You thought Serpa was the bestest thing ever!

08-17-2012, 11:00 AM #16
    ScottE

Cool info. I just bought a Serpa CQC Level 2 matte black holster, along with 1 male and 2 female quick disconnect adapters. For now I plan to use one of them on the holster and one mounted on my lower dash in my truck. Should work slick for drawing and for comfort rather than a holstered gun tied up in my seat belt.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

ScottE, I think it's time you learn the first commandment of gun ownership

Thou Shalt not bad mouth thy neighbors carry gun, nor his ammo, nor his holster, nor his method, nor any accessories or (safe) techniques that are thy neighbors.

so if someone here on the forum blows his leg off using a serpa then let him, it's no concern of yours.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

That would be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    so if someone here on the forum blows his leg off using a serpa then let him, it's no concern of yours.
    How could that possibly happen? My holster's retention mechanism never contacts the trigger (it locks around the trigger guard), and even if it did, I will never use a handgun that doesn't have a manual safety.

EDIT: I also don't carry with a round in the chamber. So even if I left my safety off, and even if my holster somehow magically pulled the trigger, the hammer would drop and nothing would happen.
    Last edited by Cubex DE; 10-18-2012 at 11:04 PM.

(Emphasis mine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubex DE View Post
    That would be a lie.

How could that possibly happen? My holster's retention mechanism never contacts the trigger (it locks around the trigger guard), and even if it did, I will never use a handgun that doesn't have a manual safety.

EDIT: I also don't carry with a round in the chamber. So even if I left my safety off, and even if my holster somehow magically pulled the trigger, the hammer would drop and nothing would happen.
    I'm not saying it will happen, I'm telling him to stop insulting everyone who prefers SERPA's that's ScottEs claim is that you'll shoot yourself with it, I'm saying, it's not his problem and to stop trolling on here knocking on and going OT everytime a serpa is seen or mentioned.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Ok enough of the bantering, lets keep it on topic.

Centurion
    'Tis truly a shame that the kid could not fathom an option OTHER than Cop or Burglar.... and just where was the child's parent/caregiver to give some suggestions to him?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Future cop that kid will be.
    I didn't know anybody here spoke Yoda-ese! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    I didn't know anybody here spoke Yoda-ese! Pax...

Would that be Dagoban, Dagobish, or Dagobese? Dagobi? No, no. It couldn't be any of those. Imperial Standard was a second language for him; thus the backwards arrangement.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast