Thread: question about printing

question about printing

I was wandering about printing while cc, i know that November 1 is just around the corner and it won't matter at that time.(can't wait) but until then while i cc i know sometimes i do print. I carry a 9mm smith and Wesson sigma. Is it actually against the law to print.

if you are printing, then you are not concealed, ergo, not in compliance with current law. After Nov. 1, different story.

I have never seen a reference to printing in Oklahoma statutes. May be some but I have never seen any.
    The definition of concealed is here.

"From the state citation 21-1290-2 Definitions

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and..."

Would one be safe to assume that if a person notices your weapon under a shirt that you would have violated the the law? I have not heard of any case law in Oklahoma one way or the other.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr View Post
    I have never seen a reference to printing in Oklahoma statutes. May be some but I have never seen any.
    The definition of concealed is here.

"From the state citation 21-1290-2 Definitions

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and..."

Would one be safe to assume that if a person notices your weapon under a shirt that you would have violated the the law? I have not heard of any case law in Oklahoma one way or the other.

Michael
    You are correct, if another person can see or detect/discern that you are carrying a firearm, you have technically violated the law. All this goes away after Nov 1.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Thanks for the info yeah i just can not wait till open carry