• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question about printing

Gary S

I was wandering about printing while cc, i know that November 1 is just around the corner and it won't matter at that time.(can't wait) but until then while i cc i know sometimes i do print. I carry a 9mm smith and Wesson sigma. Is it actually against the law to print.

mlr

I have never seen a reference to printing in Oklahoma statutes. May be some but I have never seen any.
The definition of concealed is here.

"From the state citation 21-1290-2 Definitions

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and..."

Would one be safe to assume that if a person notices your weapon under a shirt that you would have violated the the law? I have not heard of any case law in Oklahoma one way or the other.

Michael

hrdware

I have never seen a reference to printing in Oklahoma statutes. May be some but I have never seen any.
The definition of concealed is here.

"From the state citation 21-1290-2 Definitions

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and..."

Would one be safe to assume that if a person notices your weapon under a shirt that you would have violated the the law? I have not heard of any case law in Oklahoma one way or the other.

Michael

You are correct, if another person can see or detect/discern that you are carrying a firearm, you have technically violated the law. All this goes away after Nov 1.