• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A tip to get your case heard faster --

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was at the bldg on Trinity St. today and stopped in to speak to Susan who handles the scheduling.

She detailed to me that she does not schedule a case on the "ready to go" or docket until she receives the board's questionnaire back.

So if one waits for the board to send them the questionnaire to complete and return it delays your hearing about 2 months !

If you file your appeal and the questionnaire together she'll put it on the docket much sooner, when received.

So just filing a complaint will not get you on the docket, its the receivership of the questionnaire that causes this action.

And it does not matter if you object to the questions posed ... as long as the questionnaire is returned, even with objections (ie spaces labeled "objection" on the form and a pleading labeled like "Objection") filed .. it will get docketed.

So if filing an appeal, send in your letter/complaint AND the questionnaire together to save mucho time-o.

davidmcbeth

Banned
We have been advising people to send in the letter and the questionnaire together for a long time now.

It should be pretty obvious by their site on how to appeal as well:

http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=1252&Q=254192&bfpeNav=|

You were right to advise that ... I did get my time bumped up because I did send in their questionnaire sooner than what Sue originally thought ... glad I talked to her today.

She's nice but also stated that she got zip for training and has been learning as she goes...and I have been the only one to object to inquires on the questionnaire. So she was confused as to how to handle it as I did send back the questionnaire ... she said its the same as sending in a completed one...

KIX

It is good to remind people of this from time to time. It will continue to come up. People just don't know how to navigate the system unless they:

1. have an attorney
2. are knowledgeable of the system
3. have good google-fu skills and find one of the groups pointing them in the right direction.

Jonathan

davidmcbeth

Banned
It is good to remind people of this from time to time. It will continue to come up. People just don't know how to navigate the system unless they:

1. have an attorney
2. are knowledgeable of the system
3. have good google-fu skills and find one of the groups pointing them in the right direction.

Jonathan

Even I did not know that you do not get on the "ready-to-go" list until the questionnaire has been completed and I asked about this ... Sue must have just forgot .. Sue's a nice lady who tries. The state just dumped her into the position and it was sink or swim .. she seems to have been doing OK..although they switched her software from MS 2000 to MS 2010 and she was confused (like many other folks) with the new MS software.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sue has been with the Board for over 20 years, I think her training is complete.....

My appeal tossed her a few curve balls she was not prepared for ... she said no one has objected to their questionnaire or the towns' completion of their questionnaire in 20 years ... she made it sound like she has only been there 5 yrs or so...she has expressed some displeasure of board actions, mainly with bumping folks up and down on the ready-to-go-list..