Thread: Better screeners at the Capital these days

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Better screeners at the Capital these days

I had to see someone at the GA today and had to go in the AG's building also. The screeners were downright pleasant today.

Maybe this is the was the session will go this year.

Trees are starting to turn too:

Better screeners at the Capital these days

We'll see how pleasant they are in the dead of January...

That's a beautiful picture!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    We'll see how pleasant they are in the dead of January...

That's a beautiful picture!
    Yep...time will tell.

Thanks, it's a screen grab from video.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yep...time will tell.

Thanks, it's a screen grab from video.
    It almost looks cross-processed interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    It almost looks cross-processed interesting.
    That's pretty close Half Life. It's taken with a Hacked GH2 using a very high bitrate 720P-60. I overexposed it badly because of the sky (actually blew the sky out), and rebuilt the video in steps in AE.

A couple of layers on the highlights that over saturated them, them rendered in a lossless codec, re-imported and desaturated in a layer then rebuilt the mid tones in another layer, then the shadows in another lossless render, re-imported and used Color GHears spectrial enhancer to make the colors pop, masked in another layer and brought out he shadow details, used Cinegamma lo contrast, then rendered in DNxHd and grabbed that frame as a Full size .PNG.

Gotta love digital.

Founder's Club Member
    That's pretty close Half Life. It's taken with a Hacked GH2 using a very high bitrate 720P-60. I overexposed it badly because of the sky (actually blew the sky out), and rebuilt the video in steps in AE.

A couple of layers on the highlights that over saturated them, them rendered in a lossless codec, re-imported and desaturated in a layer then rebuilt the mid tones in another layer, then the shadows in another lossless render, re-imported and used Color GHears spectrial enhancer to make the colors pop, masked in another layer and brought out he shadow details, used Cinegamma lo contrast, then rendered in DNxHd and grabbed that frame as a Full size .PNG.

Gotta love digital.
    That's just wrong--using that kind of language on a gun forum. You should be sentenced deciphering five pages of the federal tax code.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    That's just wrong--using that kind of language on a gun forum. You should be sentenced deciphering five pages of the federal tax code.
    At least the Screeners were simple. At the AG's building,no big fight about not putting my camera through the xray, no fight about not showing my drivers license, pleasant conversation.

At the GA building I just walked around the metal detectors and got a smile instead of the usual glare. Kinda scary!

I got an update on what was being done about the BOE and what happened to the original complaint. One staff member did take me off her Christmas Card list for saying there were NO gun friendly Legislators including her boss. He was just less anti than Saslaw.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Sort of HDR meets video. Neat. Not that it is related but this got me thinking about video/audio recording for evidence purposes. The DVR's in our fleet use GPS information to place the recording in time and location. The audio is muxed into the video and the result is encrypted. The encrypted video is then wrapped up in a stand alone executable. The process is to create a "go to court" ready video that can't be fiddled with. We currently use audio recorders to protect ourselves and I wonder how long until those recordings are challenged (which is what led to the tech I am talking about). Hmm. Time to hit the android development board I have and see what is possible.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    At least the Screeners were simple. At the AG's building,no big fight about not putting my camera through the xray, no fight about not showing my drivers license, pleasant conversation.

At the GA building I just walked around the metal detectors and got a smile instead of the usual glare. Kinda scary!
    Guess the all got the Nap briefing and now we know whose picture is one top.

Been meaning to ask you though - isn't having those credentials a little bit like P4P?.. ...
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Guess the all got the Nap briefing and now we know whose picture is one top.

Been meaning to ask you though - isn't having those credentials a little bit like P4P?.. ...
    Yep

But then I never claimed to be related to THE Saint Peter or even the the (1)Lord of the flies.
    To quote a line from Highlander..."I am a worm"

Footnotes:
    (1) A private joke only some are aware of the meaning.

Last edited by peter nap; 10-18-2012 at 08:06 PM.