• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Better screeners at the Capital these days

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I had to see someone at the GA today and had to go in the AG's building also. The screeners were downright pleasant today.

Maybe this is the was the session will go this year.

Trees are starting to turn too:

78fa00f6cc371326809084e8991128.png

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It almost looks cross-processed interesting.

That's pretty close Half Life. It's taken with a Hacked GH2 using a very high bitrate 720P-60. I overexposed it badly because of the sky (actually blew the sky out), and rebuilt the video in steps in AE.

A couple of layers on the highlights that over saturated them, them rendered in a lossless codec, re-imported and desaturated in a layer then rebuilt the mid tones in another layer, then the shadows in another lossless render, re-imported and used Color GHears spectrial enhancer to make the colors pop, masked in another layer and brought out he shadow details, used Cinegamma lo contrast, then rendered in DNxHd and grabbed that frame as a Full size .PNG.

Gotta love digital.:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That's pretty close Half Life. It's taken with a Hacked GH2 using a very high bitrate 720P-60. I overexposed it badly because of the sky (actually blew the sky out), and rebuilt the video in steps in AE.

A couple of layers on the highlights that over saturated them, them rendered in a lossless codec, re-imported and desaturated in a layer then rebuilt the mid tones in another layer, then the shadows in another lossless render, re-imported and used Color GHears spectrial enhancer to make the colors pop, masked in another layer and brought out he shadow details, used Cinegamma lo contrast, then rendered in DNxHd and grabbed that frame as a Full size .PNG.

Gotta love digital.:lol:

That's just wrong--using that kind of language on a gun forum. You should be sentenced deciphering five pages of the federal tax code. :p:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That's just wrong--using that kind of language on a gun forum. You should be sentenced deciphering five pages of the federal tax code. :p:)

At least the Screeners were simple. At the AG's building,no big fight about not putting my camera through the xray, no fight about not showing my drivers license, pleasant conversation.

At the GA building I just walked around the metal detectors and got a smile instead of the usual glare. Kinda scary!:uhoh:

I got an update on what was being done about the BOE and what happened to the original complaint. One staff member did take me off her Christmas Card list for saying there were NO gun friendly Legislators including her boss. He was just less anti than Saslaw.

Last edited:

half_life1052

Sort of HDR meets video. Neat. Not that it is related but this got me thinking about video/audio recording for evidence purposes. The DVR's in our fleet use GPS information to place the recording in time and location. The audio is muxed into the video and the result is encrypted. The encrypted video is then wrapped up in a stand alone executable. The process is to create a "go to court" ready video that can't be fiddled with. We currently use audio recorders to protect ourselves and I wonder how long until those recordings are challenged (which is what led to the tech I am talking about). Hmm. Time to hit the android development board I have and see what is possible.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
At least the Screeners were simple. At the AG's building,no big fight about not putting my camera through the xray, no fight about not showing my drivers license, pleasant conversation.

At the GA building I just walked around the metal detectors and got a smile instead of the usual glare. Kinda scary!:uhoh:

Guess the all got the Nap briefing and now we know whose picture is one top.

Been meaning to ask you though - isn't having those credentials a little bit like P4P?.. ...:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Guess the all got the Nap briefing and now we know whose picture is one top.

Been meaning to ask you though - isn't having those credentials a little bit like P4P?.. ...:lol:

Yep:lol:

But then I never claimed to be related to THE Saint Peter or even the the (1)Lord of the flies.:p
To quote a line from Highlander..."I am a worm"

Footnotes:
(1) A private joke only some are aware of the meaning.

Last edited: