Thread: Wings Over Houston

Wings Over Houston

Anyone ever been? Anyone know if CHL holders are disallowed carry there?

I went once a long time ago. It was a very nice air show. Is it still at Ellington Field? Don't know about the CHL part.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    I went once a long time ago. It was a very nice air show. Is it still at Ellington Field? Don't know about the CHL part.
    Yeah, they're doing it at Ellington. I am looking forward to getting to go, but I'm unclear about the CHL stuff. My guess is no, I couldn't carry even with my CHL. Because this:

Security Reminder! Due to continued FAA and DHS security restrictions, coolers, large tote bags, and large purses are not allowed at the Airshow. No knives, guns, weapons, or drugs. All persons, vehicles and items are subject to search at the entrances by military and police security personnel. Yes, you may still bring your folding chairs and small hand carried items such as cameras and binoculars, subject to search. No tents, canopies or cooking equipment. All camera bags and baby diaper bags will be searched. Per FAA and Department of Homeland Security requirements.

But never know, that could just be a load of crock.

Was nice being able to carry at the Shuttle event. No security screenings, no locked fences and no gun buster signs of any kind, including 30.06.

That don't mean squat in Texas. If they don't have 30.06 posted, go for it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

But will it be considered the secure area of the airport?

*insert long stream of shouted and mostly unnecessary cuss words in a sentence made up almost exclusive of cuss words*

I am pissed, I mean really pissed. I just found out that I work a ten hour **** on Saturday and an 8 hour shift on Sunday. So I'm not going to get to go to the Houston airshow anyway. I really wish I had known this before I took the job so I could have been like "I can't work on the 27th cause there is an airshow in Houston and I have been dying to go ever since I was like born or something."

I think I'm going to try and see if I can find someone to switch shifts with me. With any luck, I can. But I doubt it.