Thread: Best place to buy new/used firearms

Best place to buy new/used firearms

I am looking for suggestions on where I can find firearms reasonably priced handguns/revolvers ,(9mm, .40, .45, .22, etc.), they don't have to be new. I have purchased from Academy before in the past and just may have to keep going there, but I feel like there has to be a locally owned business with better prices/selection that I can support. I am in the Jackson, Ms area so if you know of a place then I'm open to suggestions. I went to Top Dollar Pawn and their prices for used guns were almost if not more than the price for a used one. Thanks

Hey Corn, I feel you pain. The cost of weapons is exorbitant. I went ahead and picked up a Curio and Relics Federal Firearms License and this has opend up many doors. You get your weapons sent straight to your door. I get discounts from various vendors because I am considered a collector/dealer. You will be amazed at some of the weapons that will be available to you.
    Another note...I was stationed in Vicksburg for many years (412 ENCOM). I loved Vicksburg.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I've had good luck at pawn shops. Several in my area. I go to one every week or so one night after work. Found a nice Glock 35 with Trijicon sights for $400 a few years ago. Have a 4 inch S&W Mod 66 on layaway right now. It's like a treasure hunt whenever you go!!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Banned
    Don't forget online auction sights ... many abound

Thanks MSG i'll look into that, Mark pawn shops are a real ripoff here(my area), as for the online auctions I would have to get a dealer to accept my item and then pay him a fee correct?

Academy Sporting Goods has some of the best prices I've seen on new weapons.

Try http://www.armslist.com/

They have private and retail store listings.

Armslist, Craigslist you see guns on there from time to time although it's against their Terms Agreement. You might also want to sign on with MSgunowners.com. They usually have a good selection of guns in their Classified ads

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2482...group_activity a facebook page that lets plp buy and trade guns

Gun broker

I purchased my last gun on www.gunbroker.com and had a positive experience. You'll see a mix of new and used guns being sold by dealers, pawn shops, and individuals. www.budsgunshop.com and www.cdnninvestments.com also have good prices. First, though, you'll have to find a local FFL who's willing to handle the transfer. Add the cost of the transfer (usually $25-50) and shipping to the online price to decide if buying online is a better deal or not.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Banned
    Making your own is an option too ... a good hobby project