• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best place to buy new/used firearms

Cornelius

I am looking for suggestions on where I can find firearms reasonably priced handguns/revolvers ,(9mm, .40, .45, .22, etc.), they don't have to be new. I have purchased from Academy before in the past and just may have to keep going there, but I feel like there has to be a locally owned business with better prices/selection that I can support. I am in the Jackson, Ms area so if you know of a place then I'm open to suggestions. I went to Top Dollar Pawn and their prices for used guns were almost if not more than the price for a used one. Thanks

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Hey Corn, I feel you pain. The cost of weapons is exorbitant. I went ahead and picked up a Curio and Relics Federal Firearms License and this has opend up many doors. You get your weapons sent straight to your door. I get discounts from various vendors because I am considered a collector/dealer. You will be amazed at some of the weapons that will be available to you.
Another note...I was stationed in Vicksburg for many years (412 ENCOM). I loved Vicksburg.

mark-in-texas

I've had good luck at pawn shops. Several in my area. I go to one every week or so one night after work. Found a nice Glock 35 with Trijicon sights for $400 a few years ago. Have a 4 inch S&W Mod 66 on layaway right now. It's like a treasure hunt whenever you go!!

Cornelius

Thanks MSG i'll look into that, Mark pawn shops are a real ripoff here(my area), as for the online auctions I would have to get a dealer to accept my item and then pay him a fee correct?

Seif5034

Armslist, Craigslist you see guns on there from time to time although it's against their Terms Agreement. You might also want to sign on with MSgunowners.com. They usually have a good selection of guns in their Classified ads

Eeyore

Gun broker

I purchased my last gun on www.gunbroker.com and had a positive experience. You'll see a mix of new and used guns being sold by dealers, pawn shops, and individuals. www.budsgunshop.com and www.cdnninvestments.com also have good prices. First, though, you'll have to find a local FFL who's willing to handle the transfer. Add the cost of the transfer (usually $25-50) and shipping to the online price to decide if buying online is a better deal or not.