Thread: So I had an idea to keep me from having to wait even longer.

So I had an idea to keep me from having to wait even longer.

So I was thinking...the Waterbury PD said after they do their "background investigation" my application needs to go to the superintendent for "final approval". Now I've heard about some other people having their application end up sitting on the superintendent/chief of police's desk forever and being to busy. Now my thought is would it be a good idea to make and appointment with the superintendent so he has no excuse of not getting to it? This way he has the time set aside for me to have him sign it or "approve" it.
    Last edited by Haight240z; 10-18-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Good luck with that.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Re: So I had an idea to keep me from having to wait even longer.

I'm sensing just a hint of sarcasm. So not a good idea then I guess.

Sent from my HTC Inspire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Haight240z View Post
    I'm sensing just a hint of sarcasm. So not a good idea then I guess.
    You can try, I don't think you will get anywhere though. Let us know how it works.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    How long have you been waiting? And do you now possess a handgun?

Indeed.

Rich and I sat with them in front of the firearms board...... they completely just don't care.

They were told that the hurdles are not only not necessary, but not a reason to deny. They want information from instructors as well that goes far above and beyond the statutory requirements.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    They want information from instructors as well that goes far above and beyond the statutory requirements.
    Never asked me for anything and I have had plenty of students from Waterbury, now Stamford, Groton and New London on the other hand.....
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

Banned
    Go to the guys home if he does not want to meet and approve your permit. Then he'll care.