• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So I had an idea to keep me from having to wait even longer.

Haight240z

So I was thinking...the Waterbury PD said after they do their "background investigation" my application needs to go to the superintendent for "final approval". Now I've heard about some other people having their application end up sitting on the superintendent/chief of police's desk forever and being to busy. Now my thought is would it be a good idea to make and appointment with the superintendent so he has no excuse of not getting to it? This way he has the time set aside for me to have him sign it or "approve" it.

Last edited:

Haight240z

I'm sensing just a hint of sarcasm. So not a good idea then I guess.

Sent from my HTC Inspire HD using Tapatalk 2

KIX

Indeed.

Rich and I sat with them in front of the firearms board...... they completely just don't care.

They were told that the hurdles are not only not necessary, but not a reason to deny. They want information from instructors as well that goes far above and beyond the statutory requirements.

Jonathan

brk913

They want information from instructors as well that goes far above and beyond the statutory requirements.

Never asked me for anything and I have had plenty of students from Waterbury, now Stamford, Groton and New London on the other hand.....