• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIB relocating

TyGuy

Any resources for finding land for sale within an hour of Madison?

Firearms Iinstuctor

10 acres was a town ship thing it made it ag zoning

the state laws i am aware of
is that you can't shoot within 100 feet of some ones residence unless you have permission

The reads ,Shoot a firearm within 100 yards of a building devoted to human occupancy while on lands of another without permission of the owner or occupant of the building.

So if you are on your land or land you have permisson to be on the 100 yards rule does not apply.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Real Estate is down, so you might find a deal.

Any resources for finding land for sale within an hour of Madison?

Land within an hour from Madison is at a premium. I would not call it central Wisconsin, though. I would think you would have to be at least an hour north of Madison to be central Wisconsin, but it is a judgement call.

TyGuy

Yeah, Madison is southern WI. Within an hour or two of Madison would work.

oliverclotheshoff

Land within an hour from Madison is at a premium. I would not call it central Wisconsin, though. I would think you would have to be at least an hour north of Madison to be central Wisconsin, but it is a judgement call.

land in juneau county is cheap and it is within 1 hour to 1.5 hours for most part of madison just stay away from castle rock lake/ petenwell lake areas (touristy)where price per 1.5 acre lot reaches 40k or better
in juneau county you an find real nice 3 bedroom houses all day long for under 100k in town
sauk county is pricey to live in a little more that columbia county but that is getting within the 30 min mark from madison and like i mentioned before juneau county does have some public land