Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

...the biggest lie is that black people donít hunt, collect, own, compete with or also donít want to own a firearm to protect themselves.
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/16/bl...lack-politics/

http://kennblanchard.com/

Sharp guy.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I would say that your theory is spot on .

I'm a Black American Veteran , a Benefactor Life Member of THE
    NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION , a Father , Grandfather , Hunter & Shooting Enthusist . I used to be a Republican .......but now I'm a PRO-GUN , PRO-LIFE , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN , AND ULTRA FISCAL CONSERVATIVE .
    Last edited by W5DVCEXTRA; 10-20-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling error

One of America's biggest cases of betrayals is the groups that claim to represent "minorities," women, seniors, and alternative lifestyles, joining the liberals' anti-gun bandwagons. Groups with a history of being targeted deserve better. It should be part of their demands for equality. Perhaps when WASPs hear their demands for these rights, they will remember that they should still want them, too.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-20-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned

Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

The most dangerous form of racism in America today is the trying to fit members of minorities into boxes and most (not all) of them willingly climbing into those boxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The most dangerous form of racism in America today is the trying to fit members of minorities into boxes and most (not all) of them willingly climbing into those boxes
    "Those boxes" are set up like live animal traps... only the "bait" isn't a chicken neck or a carrot. It's the welfare check being dangled at the far end of the work-stick by the Nanny State. And Obama has just removed the "work" part of the stick. Something for nothing always sounds good to those societal parasites who choose to live off the labors of others. As for the "racism" part, "that dog don't hunt so good". Yes, the system is overloaded - primarily with minorities - but "minorities" includes ethnic, religious, racial and gender minorities. Oh, yeah, and one more minority... Americans who think they should be supported by their neighbors just because they have favored us with their presence. From Heritage Foundation today:
    This morning, a new report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) shows the staggering reality of the growing welfare state—echoing Heritage’s own research that reveals welfare spending is approaching the $1 trillion mark.
    Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 10-20-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by W5DVCEXTRA View Post
    NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION , a Father , Grandfather , Hunter & Shooting Enthusist . I used to be a Republican .......but now I'm a PRO-GUN , PRO-LIFE , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN , AND ULTRA FISCAL CONSERVATIVE .
    Welcome to the OC Forum, W5! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

James,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Steve,
    KC5SAS
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Glad to have you!! and thank you for your service. Welcome.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Kenn Blanchard is well known and well accepted here in Virginia as a conservative voice heard by people of all groups. He has done much to bring communities together under the banner of freedom and the right to self-defense. I've heard him speak numerous times and I've talked with him personally. I hold him in high regard.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    So true, the liberals are the only one keeping racism alive, I know there are still racists on BOTH sides of the isle and ther always will be, we cant change that fact. I blame it on the libtards always stirring the S$%t.

A strange thing is how things like Voter I.D. are said to oppress "poor minorities" due to the cost (even if the state provides an I.D. for free, "they still have to drive to go get it"), yet the same thing doesn't apply to adding a bunch of fees, training, permits, fingerprinting, etc, to buying a gun in order to exercise Second Amendment rights.

Look up how much it costs to buy a handgun in NYC. You're talkin' triple digits, and the first number isn't even a 1 or a 2.

Re: Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    That's a lot of bandwidth just to make the point that black guns rhymes with black people.

I think this author was having writers block, and so he just could not come up with anything else to write about.

And come to think of it, I have been hunting my whole life, and I have never seen a single solitary black hunter.

Seen lots of whiteys and latinos, but none at all black.
    One of my Dad's best hunting buddies is a black guy. And I've been out with several guys and gals that were black, brown, yellow, white, red, whatever.

There's plenty of black hunters out there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

That's a lot of bandwidth just to make the point that black guns rhymes with black people.

I think this author was having writers block, and so he just could not come up with anything else to write about.

And come to think of it, I have been hunting my whole life, and I have never seen a single solitary black hunter.

Seen lots of whiteys and Latinos, but none at all black.
    Why don't you move down south. Some of the most skilled hunters and trappers I know are black folks, the older ones anyway. I learned to hunt from my Daddy, and the preacher of a "black" baptist church who lived on a plot of land next to my Daddy's farm. The young black folks of today, according to the preacher, have more pressing matters to attend to.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

When I lived in Hampton Roads, I hunted with a group that had more skin pigment than I. They were primarily meat hunters, darn good at it, and safe too. Lots of good memories there.

I dislike pigeon holing people by their differences (implied negativity) - instead look for mutual qualities and respect those that do likewise.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    A strange thing is how things like Voter I.D. are said to oppress "poor minorities" due to the cost (even if the state provides an I.D. for free, "they still have to drive to go get it"), yet the same thing doesn't apply to adding a bunch of fees, training, permits, fingerprinting, etc, to buying a gun in order to exercise Second Amendment rights.

Look up how much it costs to buy a handgun in NYC. You're talkin' triple digits, and the first number isn't even a 1 or a 2.
    And considering the demographics, NYC's onerous requirements to carry disproportionately affects minorities adversely, and therefore is unconstitutional.

Of course, I don't believe a word of what I say above. I only say it to show the folly of leftist arguments and how they can be used against their own inconsistent agenda.
    Last edited by eye95; 10-26-2012 at 08:11 AM.

You're in California? How many black people do you see at all in rural areas where hunting might be popular? Almost all of California's black population is urban.

Here in the ArkLaTex area, some of the most enthusiastic hunters I know are black. Hunting knows no color line in rural farm country.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    My apologies if I missed it, but Rev. Blanchard has a website called blackmanwithagun.com if you care to check it out.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

So we first set the iron sights on his assault rifle (magazine fed, gas operated) to the centers of their travel, and then we sandbagged his gun, and lo and behold this put him on target at 100 yds. He was low and to the right, but at least on target.
    You're no smarter than the left-wing media. The AR15 is NOT an "assault rifle"! Nor is the semi-automatic AK-47, AK-74, etc. They are sporting arms - right now, anyway. It is the select fire capability that classifies a shoulder weapon as an "assault rifle", not it's outward appearance. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    You're no smarter than the left-wing media. The AR15 is NOT an "assault rifle"! Nor is the semi-automatic AK-47, AK-74, etc. They are sporting arms - right now, anyway. It is the select fire capability that classifies a shoulder weapon as an "assault rifle", not it's outward appearance. Pax...
    HERE is a salt rifle.

BTW, Im black, own guns, and used to hunt. If I were to judge only by the people I hunted with, then I could say I rarely see any white hunters. :P If you have never seen someone of color use a firearm in a method that doesn't leave them behind bars, you aren't looking hard enough.

On assault weapons, even your buddy Romney disagrees with you on that.

If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Remember the Nixon hearings?
    Romney's knowledge, or lack thereof, isn't the issue, and we rarely discuss "ducks" in this forum. People who are "into" firearms know better than to call a shovel a spade. Romney may not be a firearms enthusiast, but you claim to be one, yet you can't distinguish between a semi-auto shoulder weapon and an "assault rifle", and refuse to accept the standard definition. Your inability to own your ignorance in the area of "assault rifles" would be astounding... IF you weren't a left-wing troll. "Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand pictures" is your motto. Your head is so far "up and locked", I see no hope for your salvation. And, how the hell did Nixon get into this discussion? Lacking facts, you bring in misdirection, and more smoke and mirrors in a feeble attempt to appear knowledgeable. Major FAIL!
    Last edited by Gil223; 10-30-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    HERE is a salt rifle.
    TOOOOOOO FUNNY... and it's for real! Now Shoobee can own a salt rifle for only $34.95 (+s/h)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    BTW, Im black, own guns, and used to hunt. If I were to judge only by the people I hunted with, then I could say I rarely see any white hunters. :P If you have never seen someone of color use a firearm in a method that doesn't leave them behind bars, you aren't looking hard enough.
    Excellent logic, and a great sense of humor... are you really Eddie Murphy? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Well, technically, the AR15 can be an assault rifle. There are many of them that are selective-fire. The first AR15's were selective fire and only later did they make semiautomatic ones for more appeal to civilian sales. Even then, those who were willing to pay the taxes and registration could buy selective-fire AR15's. $14K today will get you a selective-fire AR15.

The M16 is a very specific configuration of a selective-fire AR15.

But your point is valid. These days, we usually refer to the far more common semiautomatic version when we colloquially refer to the AR15, and that is NOT as "assault rifle," however many states have legally defined them under a newly created term "assault weapon." This definition applies in a courtroom only, but that is not uncommon with many legal terms. It's a farce of the news media to use it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Re: Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

I would caution you both about playing lawyer in your own heads.

Neither of you being both from Nevada and Utah has any real experience with the true nature of assault rifles or assault weapons and what these words mean. You would both need to move to California first.
    Or have been a gun owner in the U.S. between '94-'04, or live in CT/NY/NJ/MA

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast