• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

W5DVCEXTRA

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
One of America's biggest cases of betrayals is the groups that claim to represent "minorities," women, seniors, and alternative lifestyles, joining the liberals' anti-gun bandwagons. Groups with a history of being targeted deserve better. It should be part of their demands for equality. Perhaps when WASPs hear their demands for these rights, they will remember that they should still want them, too.

Last edited:

eye95

The most dangerous form of racism in America today is the trying to fit members of minorities into boxes and most (not all) of them willingly climbing into those boxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Gil223

The most dangerous form of racism in America today is the trying to fit members of minorities into boxes and most (not all) of them willingly climbing into those boxes

"Those boxes" are set up like live animal traps... only the "bait" isn't a chicken neck or a carrot. It's the welfare check being dangled at the far end of the work-stick by the Nanny State. And Obama has just removed the "work" part of the stick. Something for nothing always sounds good to those societal parasites who choose to live off the labors of others. As for the "racism" part, "that dog don't hunt so good". Yes, the system is overloaded - primarily with minorities - but "minorities" includes ethnic, religious, racial and gender minorities. Oh, yeah, and one more minority... Americans who think they should be supported by their neighbors just because they have favored us with their presence. From Heritage Foundation today:
This morning, a new report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) shows the staggering reality of the growing welfare state—echoing Heritage’s own research that reveals welfare spending is approaching the $1 trillion mark.
:mad: Pax...

Last edited:

Gil223

I'm a Black American Veteran , a Benefactor Life Member of THE
NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION , a Father , Grandfather , Hunter & Shooting Enthusist . I used to be a Republican .......but now I'm a PRO-GUN , PRO-LIFE , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN , AND ULTRA FISCAL CONSERVATIVE .

Welcome to the OC Forum, W5! :D Pax...

sraacke

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION , a Father , Grandfather , Hunter & Shooting Enthusist . I used to be a Republican .......but now I'm a PRO-GUN , PRO-LIFE , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN , AND ULTRA FISCAL CONSERVATIVE .

James,
Welcome to the forum.
Steve,
KC5SAS

nobama

Glad to have you!! and thank you for your service. Welcome.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kenn Blanchard is well known and well accepted here in Virginia as a conservative voice heard by people of all groups. He has done much to bring communities together under the banner of freedom and the right to self-defense. I've heard him speak numerous times and I've talked with him personally. I hold him in high regard.

nobama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

So true, the liberals are the only one keeping racism alive, I know there are still racists on BOTH sides of the isle and ther always will be, we cant change that fact. I blame it on the libtards always stirring the S$%t.

DangerClose

A strange thing is how things like Voter I.D. are said to oppress "poor minorities" due to the cost (even if the state provides an I.D. for free, "they still have to drive to go get it"), yet the same thing doesn't apply to adding a bunch of fees, training, permits, fingerprinting, etc, to buying a gun in order to exercise Second Amendment rights.

Look up how much it costs to buy a handgun in NYC. You're talkin' triple digits, and the first number isn't even a 1 or a 2.

Shoobee

That's a lot of bandwidth just to make the point that black guns rhymes with black people.

I think this author was having writers block, and so he just could not come up with anything else to write about.

And come to think of it, I have been hunting my whole life, and I have never seen a single solitary black hunter.

Seen lots of whiteys and latinos, but none at all black.

DamonK

That's a lot of bandwidth just to make the point that black guns rhymes with black people.

I think this author was having writers block, and so he just could not come up with anything else to write about.

And come to think of it, I have been hunting my whole life, and I have never seen a single solitary black hunter.

One of my Dad's best hunting buddies is a black guy. And I've been out with several guys and gals that were black, brown, yellow, white, red, whatever.

There's plenty of black hunters out there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

Seen lots of whiteys and Latinos, but none at all black.
Why don't you move down south. Some of the most skilled hunters and trappers I know are black folks, the older ones anyway. I learned to hunt from my Daddy, and the preacher of a "black" baptist church who lived on a plot of land next to my Daddy's farm. The young black folks of today, according to the preacher, have more pressing matters to attend to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

When I lived in Hampton Roads, I hunted with a group that had more skin pigment than I. They were primarily meat hunters, darn good at it, and safe too. Lots of good memories there.

I dislike pigeon holing people by their differences (implied negativity) - instead look for mutual qualities and respect those that do likewise.

eye95

A strange thing is how things like Voter I.D. are said to oppress "poor minorities" due to the cost (even if the state provides an I.D. for free, "they still have to drive to go get it"), yet the same thing doesn't apply to adding a bunch of fees, training, permits, fingerprinting, etc, to buying a gun in order to exercise Second Amendment rights.

Look up how much it costs to buy a handgun in NYC. You're talkin' triple digits, and the first number isn't even a 1 or a 2.

And considering the demographics, NYC's onerous requirements to carry disproportionately affects minorities adversely, and therefore is unconstitutional.

Of course, I don't believe a word of what I say above. I only say it to show the folly of leftist arguments and how they can be used against their own inconsistent agenda.

Last edited:

KBCraig

You're in California? How many black people do you see at all in rural areas where hunting might be popular? Almost all of California's black population is urban.

Here in the ArkLaTex area, some of the most enthusiastic hunters I know are black. Hunting knows no color line in rural farm country.

Shoobee

You're in California? How many black people do you see at all in rural areas where hunting might be popular? Almost all of California's black population is urban.

Here in the ArkLaTex area, some of the most enthusiastic hunters I know are black. Hunting knows no color line in rural farm country.

In California I would have to say that the Latino's are the most prolific hunters after the Caucasian's. Every time I have ever gone hunting there has always been a group of Mexican-American hunters nearby.

Anyway those are the demographics of my own anecdotal experience.

Attachments

• Rem 700 .300 RUM.jpg
    Rem 700 .300 RUM.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Mossberg 590.jpg
    Mossberg 590.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • CZ 97B 45ACP.jpg
    CZ 97B 45ACP.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 32
  • S&W .44 rem mag.jpg
    S&W .44 rem mag.jpg