• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black People, Black Guns and Black Politics

Gil223

So we first set the iron sights on his assault rifle (magazine fed, gas operated) to the centers of their travel, and then we sandbagged his gun, and lo and behold this put him on target at 100 yds. He was low and to the right, but at least on target.

You're no smarter than the left-wing media. The AR15 is NOT an "assault rifle"! Nor is the semi-automatic AK-47, AK-74, etc. They are sporting arms - right now, anyway. It is the select fire capability that classifies a shoulder weapon as an "assault rifle", not it's outward appearance. :banghead: Pax...

FlyBoy276

You're no smarter than the left-wing media. The AR15 is NOT an "assault rifle"! Nor is the semi-automatic AK-47, AK-74, etc. They are sporting arms - right now, anyway. It is the select fire capability that classifies a shoulder weapon as an "assault rifle", not it's outward appearance. :banghead: Pax...

HERE is a salt rifle. :lol:

BTW, Im black, own guns, and used to hunt. If I were to judge only by the people I hunted with, then I could say I rarely see any white hunters. :p If you have never seen someone of color use a firearm in a method that doesn't leave them behind bars, you aren't looking hard enough. ;)

Shoobee

On assault weapons, even your buddy Romney disagrees with you on that.

If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Remember the Nixon hearings?

Last edited:

Gil223

On assault weapons, even your buddy Romney disagrees with you on that.

If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Remember the Nixon hearings?

Romney's knowledge, or lack thereof, isn't the issue, and we rarely discuss "ducks" in this forum. People who are "into" firearms know better than to call a shovel a spade. Romney may not be a firearms enthusiast, but you claim to be one, yet you can't distinguish between a semi-auto shoulder weapon and an "assault rifle", and refuse to accept the standard definition. Your inability to own your ignorance in the area of "assault rifles" would be astounding... IF you weren't a left-wing troll. "Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand pictures" is your motto. Your head is so far "up and locked", I see no hope for your salvation. And, how the hell did Nixon get into this discussion? Lacking facts, you bring in misdirection, and more smoke and mirrors in a feeble attempt to appear knowledgeable. Major FAIL! :lol:

Last edited:

Gil223

HERE is a salt rifle. :lol:
TOOOOOOO FUNNY... and it's for real! Now Shoobee can own a salt rifle for only $34.95 (+s/h)
BTW, Im black, own guns, and used to hunt. If I were to judge only by the people I hunted with, then I could say I rarely see any white hunters. :p If you have never seen someone of color use a firearm in a method that doesn't leave them behind bars, you aren't looking hard enough. ;)
Excellent logic, and a great sense of humor... are you really Eddie Murphy? ;) Pax...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

Well, technically, the AR15 can be an assault rifle. There are many of them that are selective-fire. The first AR15's were selective fire and only later did they make semiautomatic ones for more appeal to civilian sales. Even then, those who were willing to pay the taxes and registration could buy selective-fire AR15's. $14K today will get you a selective-fire AR15.

The M16 is a very specific configuration of a selective-fire AR15.

But your point is valid. These days, we usually refer to the far more common semiautomatic version when we colloquially refer to the AR15, and that is NOT as "assault rifle," however many states have legally defined them under a newly created term "assault weapon." This definition applies in a courtroom only, but that is not uncommon with many legal terms. It's a farce of the news media to use it.

Shoobee

Well, technically, the AR15 can be an assault rifle. There are many of them that are selective-fire. The first AR15's were selective fire and only later did they make semiautomatic ones for more appeal to civilian sales. Even then, those who were willing to pay the taxes and registration could buy selective-fire AR15's. $14K today will get you a selective-fire AR15.

The M16 is a very specific configuration of a selective-fire AR15.

But your point is valid. These days, we usually refer to the far more common semiautomatic version when we colloquially refer to the AR15, and that is NOT as "assault rifle," however many states have legally defined them under a newly created term "assault weapon." This definition applies in a courtroom only, but that is not uncommon with many legal terms. It's a farce of the news media to use it.

I would caution you both about playing lawyer in your own heads.

Neither of you being both from Nevada and Utah has any real experience with the true nature of assault rifles or assault weapons and what these words mean. You would both need to move to California first.

Last edited:

SPOProds

Neither of you being both from Nevada and Utah has any real experience with the true nature of assault rifles or assault weapons and what these words mean. You would both need to move to California first.

Or have been a gun owner in the U.S. between '94-'04, or live in CT/NY/NJ/MA :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

And yet nowhere did you say we were wrong about anything; just that we can't know something only a Californicated person could know. Did I read that right?

I shoot assault rifles every few months when some friends who own some get together.

Being from NV, none of us own any "assault weapons." Not since 2004 anyway.

Now I'm thinking you don't really know what an assault rifle really is.

Gil223

Kalifornia is another country as far as I'm concerned, and - after 21 years in the military - I DO know "the true nature of assault rifles" vs "sporting arms". I've lived in Kalifornia, and I've been to Kalifornia... I wasn't impressed either time.

sudden valley gunner

One of the proudest days of my life, when my nephew OC'd with me, notice the gun on his hip is black, and he don't give a rat's ass about "black politics", because he don't care about the color of your skin, he wants all to be free.

SANY0184.jpg

nobama

One of the proudest days of my life, when my nephew OC'd with me, notice the gun on his hip is black, and he don't give a rat's ass about "black politics", because he don't care about the color of your skin, he wants all to be free.

SANY0184.jpg

Thats what Im talking about! Freedom doesnt see color.

W5DVCEXTRA

HUNTING , that's how I met my wife .

Why don't you move down south. Some of the most skilled hunters and trappers I know are black folks, the older ones anyway. I learned to hunt from my Daddy, and the preacher of a "black" baptist church who lived on a plot of land next to my Daddy's farm. The young black folks of today, according to the preacher, have more pressing matters to attend to.
I was about 24 , home on leave , and decided to go squirrel hunting . I was following one of the creeks ( BIG COW OR LITTLE COW ) in Newton County and ran into 3 Black Women doing the same thing .Two years later I married one of those ladies , and we still hunt together ........only now we Deer Hunt together .

W5DVCEXTRA

Welcome .......california gun owners

Kalifornia is another country as far as I'm concerned, and - after 21 years in the military - I DO know "the true nature of assault rifles" vs "sporting arms". I've lived in Kalifornia, and I've been to Kalifornia... I wasn't impressed either time.
I really like the sign they have on the ARIZONA SIDE of the ARIZONA / CALIFORNIA BORDER . " WELCOME CALIFORNIA GUN OWNERS ".

sudden valley gunner

I was about 24 , home on leave , and decided to go squirrel hunting . I was following one of the creeks ( BIG COW OR LITTLE COW ) in Newton County and ran into 3 Black Women doing the same thing .Two years later I married one of those ladies , and we still hunt together ........only now we Deer Hunt together .

That's an awesome story, especially when you both have something like that in common! My lady don't like the outdoors that much. She does sort of like camping now ( if there is a shower) , working on her to get more into taking a woods hike though.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
"Assault Rifle, Assault Weapons" have many different meanings to different people

Or have been a gun owner in the U.S. between '94-'04, or live in CT/NY/NJ/MA :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

There is quite a difference between a technical definition of "assault rifle" and a legal definition of "assault weapon". The legal definition is often concerned with appearance and has little to do with function. Such things as flash hiders, pistol grips, and bayonet lugs are often important in these legal definitions. The legal definition varies enormously from state to state. In New Jersey, BB guns, at least for a time, were legally classed as "assault weapons" because of their magazine capacity. .22 rimfire rifles with a capacity of more than 15 rounds, such as the Marlin model 60 or Remington Speedmaster, are still classified as assault weapons in New Jersey law. These common rifles have capacities of 17-22 rounds in tubular magazines.

gprod55

While serving in foreign countries, the locals don't look at your color. Your an American. In a firefight your brother has your back no matter what color he is. Those of you who are still in and those of us who have served are all brothers under arms. God Bless those still in the military and those that have served.