• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Youth Corps

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Side note I was not advocating breaking any law.

I was simple asking questions.

I was thinking along these lines just yesterday. Its totally understandable that John wants no illegal advocacy on his forum. Makes total sense.

But, being a bit of a history buff, it occurred to me there is no guarantee of a revolution being the major earth-shifting change. One of the most dramatic and far-reaching changes in government occurred under Julius Caesar. But, its important to recognize that he was the final step, not the first. The Roman constitution was continually subverted, ignored, etc, over the last, say, 50 years of the Republic, setting the stage for him to come along and try for power.

Something else, too. You find in history a number of times when economic upsets triggered changes in government. Germany in the 1930's was in the throes of inflation from overprinting money. The common people in France in 1789 were in very serious economic troubles. I'll toss a dart blindfolded and say that the American Revolution was probably almost unique in the near absence of economic upset. The colonists were bent out of shape about taxes which were comparatively light, and the searches and seizures that tried to enforce violations of the tax laws.

Liberty doesn't seem to interest too many people. Full bellies and a warm home with a dry roof seem to content many. I suspect lots and lots of Americans will go right along with the current government scheme until it hits their bellies. When the insecurity of being unable to pay for housing, food, fuel and so forth hits enough people, then they'll willing to make changes. I am afraid whichever demagogues come along with the best story will be the ones to receive support. Its a sure bet those demagogues won't be any more interested in preserving our constitution than Julius Caesar was his.

A biographer remarked that Caesar must have wondered why others couldn't see what he saw--that the Republic was already dead. It is plain that the fedgov no longer follows the constitution very much.

How long until somebody in power decides its dead?

Last edited:

eye95

...and when an oppressive regime changes the System to remove our ability to change things with their New System ??

I believe that one of the premises of this board is that we are not there yet.

There are plenty of sites that think we are. If you wish to discuss change of that nature, may I suggest posting there? Be careful. Those sites are closely monitored by the FBI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Jack House

I believe that one of the premises of this board is that we are not there yet.

There are plenty of sites that think we are. If you wish to discuss change of that nature, may I suggest posting there? Be careful. Those sites are closely monitored by the FBI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
I'm sure this site is closely monitored by the FBI too.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm sure this site is closely monitored by the FBI too.

If we are not already on some watch list we are doing something wrong.

Anybody want to start a contest to see who is on the most watch lists? Proof via copies of correspondence saying they can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the list - that sound OK?

stay safe.

eye95

The difference being that we do not advocate illegal activity here, so the FBI can watch all it wants.

Other boards are advocating illegal activity and need to be watched. Participate on those boards at your own risk.

Personally, I don't want that crap here. What constitutes such advocacy and what will be tolerated here is entirely up to the site administration. But I don't want to be associated with illegal activity and am counting on the admins to use good judgment.

PistolPackingMomma

The difference being that we do not advocate illegal activity here, so the FBI can watch all it wants.

Other boards are advocating illegal activity and need to be watched. Participate on those boards at your own risk.

Personally, I don't want that crap here. What constitutes such advocacy and what will be tolerated here is entirely up to the site administration. But I don't want to be associated with illegal activity and am counting on the admins to use good judgment.

Yes, because when the government decrees something to be illegal, it is never a self serving interest, only a moral one. :rolleyes:

eye95

Yes, because when the government decrees something to be illegal, it is never a self serving interest, only a moral one. :rolleyes:

If that is what you got from my words, then you did not read what I wrote. It is a despicable act to imply that one has written something that he has not.

I, for one, will not tolerate the advocacy of illegal actions against the government on sites on which I will participate. Fortunately, the site admins feel the same way, so I post here. If they allowed revolutionary rhetoric, I would post elsewhere and let happen to them what would.

We are not at a when-in-the-course-of-human-events moment here, though I recognize that we may yet end up there. So, if anyone takes up arms against the US, know that I will take up arms against HIM. If anyone advocates for such, I will advocate against HIM.

There are sites that are willing to put up with that illegal activity. If that is what anyone wishes, he should post there. I will just work hard against it here because I believe the good fight is to return the best system currently on Earth to the best system ever on Earth--working within that best system, flawed though it may be.

Moving on.

Jack House

We are long past the point where armed rebellion is justified. Fortunately what is justified isn't always what is necessary. Even so, I think it'd be utterly foolish to take up arms in the defense of our tyrants.

As for Skid's challenge: I think you'd be hard pressed to beat me, Skid. I'm likely on every watch list there is.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

If that is what you got from my words, then you did not read what I wrote. It is a despicable act to imply that one has written something that he has not.

It is a despicable act to imply that one has not read something s/he has. So spare me your outrage.

I, for one, will not tolerate the advocacy of illegal actions against the government on sites on which I will participate. Fortunately, the site admins feel the same way, so I post here. If they allowed revolutionary rhetoric, I would post elsewhere and let happen to them what would.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

We are not at a when-in-the-course-of-human-events moment here, though I recognize that we may yet end up there. So, if anyone takes up arms against the US, know that I will take up arms against HIM. If anyone advocates for such, I will advocate against HIM.

"Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it."

But if the point I made earlier, which you either missed, ignored or deliberately mis-interpreted, was that if the government makes such action illegal, it is because it is a self serving interest to protect itself. To abide such a decree is more despicable than any outlawed act.

There are sites that are willing to put up with that illegal activity. If that is what anyone wishes, he should post there. I will just work hard against it here because I believe the good fight is to return the best system currently on Earth to the best system ever on Earth--working within that best system, flawed though it may be.

As I have yet to see an illegal act advocated (that has been left to stand for all to see), it is disingenuous of you to accuse basely others of such things without proof. Mentioning the concept or possibility is not the same as advocating for it, so spare me that excuse as well.

Moving on.

I suspect you won't. I recommend you save yourself a headache by putting me on your ignore list now. I'll consider it an honor.

papa bear

FEMA new Standing Army

Do we need to worry? i think the founders of this country would be worried. maybe even the people of the last century, say around 1932.

if they were trained as peace time force, why all the military training? if they are there to help people in trouble, why would they be trained in pacification?
why all the armored vehicles?

October 7, 2012. Vicksburg. The federal government calls them FEMA Corps. But they conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany. Regardless of their name, the Dept of Homeland Security has just graduated its first class of 231 Homeland Youth. Kids, aged 18-24 and recruited from the President’s AmeriCorp volunteers, they represent the first wave of DHS’s youth corps, designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.

On September 13, 2012, the Dept of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps youth, aka the Homeland Youth. Image courtesy of DHS.gov.
On September 13, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps first-responders. While the idea of having a volunteer force of tens of thousands of volunteers scattered across the country to aid in times of natural disasters sounds great, the details and timing of this new government army is somewhat curious, if not disturbing.
DHS raising an armed army
The first problem one finds with this ‘new army’ is the fact that they are mere children. Yes, 18 is generally the legal age a person can sign a contract, join the military or be tried as an adult. But ask any parent - an 18, 20 or even a 24 year-old is still a naïve, readily-influenced kid.
The second problem with this announcement and program is its timing. Over the past two years, President Obama has signed a number of Executive Orders suspending all civil and Constitutional rights and turning over management of an America under Martial Law to FEMA. Also in that time, domestic federal agencies under DHS, including FEMA, have ordered billions of rounds of ammunition as well as the corresponding firearms. Admittedly, these new weapons and ammunition aren’t to be used in some far-off war or to fight forest fires in California, but right here on the streets of America.
Strange Armored Fighting Vehicles
Individuals around the US have begun reporting the site of strange, new, heavily-armed FEMA fighting vehicles. What would a disaster relief agency like FEMA need with 2,500 brand new GLS armored fighting vehicles? According to the agency’s own mandate, as well as President Obama’s recent Executive Order, the answer is ‘population control’ during a time of Martial Law.
One set of images made available by Rense.com shows trailer after trailer carrying these new DHS and FEMA armored fighting vehicles, complete with machine gun slots. They’re labeled with the usual backward American flag and the title, ‘Homeland Security’. Below that and the DHS logo, it also reads, ‘Immigration & Customs Enforcement’. Joining those markings, the black vehicles with white lettering also display ‘POLICE/RESCUE’ on one side and ‘Special Response Team’ on the other.

DHS & FEMA armed fighting vehicles. Images courtesy of Rense.com.

FEMA Corps
FEMA Deputy Administrator Rich Serino gave the keynote address at the ‘Induction Ceremony’ for the inaugural class of FEMA Corps members. According to the DHS website, ‘Corps members assist with disaster preparedness, response, and recovery activities, providing support in areas ranging from working directly with disaster survivors to supporting disaster recovering centers to sharing valuable disaster preparedness and mitigation information with the public.’
Serino describes what the first FEMA Corps class has accomplished so far, as well as where they’ll be going next:
‘Yesterday, we welcomed 231 energetic members into the first ever FEMA Corps class. The members just finished off their first month of training with our partners at the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and are one step closer to working in the field on disaster response and recovery. They will now head to FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness to spend the next two weeks training in their FEMA position-specific roles. Once they complete both the CNCS and FEMA training, these 231 dedicated FEMA Corps members will be qualified to work in one of a variety of disaster related roles, ranging from Community Relations to Disaster Recovery Center support.’
A standing army
Unlike most local disaster response teams who are volunteers, training periodically and only showing up when there’s a disaster, the FEMA Corps will be a paid, full time, standing army of government youth. FEMA Deputy Administrator Sarino goes on to explain, ‘The new members, who range in age from 18-24 years old, will contribute to a dedicated, trained, and reliable disaster workforce by working full-time for ten months on federal disaster response and recovery efforts.’
In closing his announcement of the first graduating class of FEMA Corps Youth, Sarino describes his and the agency’s vision of the future, one where ‘FEMA Corps sets the foundation for a new generation of emergency managers’.
DHS arms itself
As we detailed in the August 28 Whiteout Press article ‘History of DHS Ammunition Purchases’, federal emergency management agencies are looking more and more like a military army every day.
The federal government’s procurement website actually lists DHS’ requests for bids to supply it with ammunition and military weaponry. All of the orders listed in the above article, including the orders for hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition, are publicly available at http://www.fbo.gov.
One look at a chart of DHS ammunition purchases over the past decade reveals a drastic spike in orders of bullets recently, totaling in the billions of rounds. Other charts available online show a similar drastic spike in the purchases of accompanying weaponry by the Department of Homeland Security.
What is the US federal government preparing for? And why does it feel it needs an army of brainwashed youth, millions of guns, thousands of armored fighting vehicles and literally billions of rounds of ammunition, just to provide relief to the American people during a natural disaster? Any historian will tell you it sounds more like the arming of the Hitler Youth than an army of first responders fighting forest fires and hurricanes.
Subscribe to Whiteout Press. It’s FREE and you can unsubscribe at any time. Simply submit your email address below.

Last edited:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
18-24 is not a kid, although those are the ages used by the Brady campaign to account for a lot of "child" gun deaths, including soldiers killed at war, and gangsters shooting at each other.

People over the age of 18 were not part of the Hitler Youth.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Several pages of discussion up at News and Political Alerts http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107711-Homeland-Youth-Corps .

Do you remember (from History class - you are too young to have been involved) when the Boy Scouts were accused of military training because they wore uniforms and carried flags?

But you are correct in questioning this. Go read what everybody else is saying, and add your comments to the existing discussion.

stay safe.

Gil223

Do we need to worry? i think the founders of this country would be worried. maybe even the people of the last century, say around 1932.

If they were trained as peace time force, why all the military training? If they are there to help people in trouble, why would they be trained in pacification?
Why all the armored vehicles?

The second problem with this announcement and program is its timing. Over the past two years, President Obama has signed a number of Executive Orders suspending all civil and Constitutional rights and turning over management of an America under Martial Law to FEMA. Also in that time, domestic federal agencies under DHS, including FEMA, have ordered billions of rounds of ammunition as well as the corresponding firearms. Admittedly, these new weapons and ammunition aren’t to be used in some far-off war or to fight forest fires in California, but right here on the streets of America.

Which begs the question, "What action will the government take - following the guidelines of the Cloward-Piven Strategy of Orchestrated Crisis - to create a condition supporting the implementation of martial law?" (Anybody that thinks the administration is above doing such things, ask a Native American first, and then please raise your hand.) Pax...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We are long past the point where armed rebellion is justified. Fortunately what is justified isn't always what is necessary. Even so, I think it'd be utterly foolish to take up arms in the defense of our tyrants.

As for Skid's challenge: I think you'd be hard pressed to beat me, Skid. I'm likely on every watch list there is.

Yup! On a list because I have bought guns and ammo. On a list because I jpoined the NRA. On a list because I voted - did not matter who I voted for/against. On a list because I am a veteran. On a list because of meds I am prescribed. On a list because I own a certain type of vehicle. On a list because I bought more than three 1-piund propane cylinders at one time. On a list because I won't fly commercially. On a list because I was arrested, and on several because I was not found guilty. And let's not forget that I'm on a list because I post on OCDO.

Like I said, if you are not on a list you are doing something wrong. We do not need kids in short pants running around taking notes about what we do, where we go, and who we talk to to get put on a list.

stay safe.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Yup! On a list because I have bought guns and ammo. On a list because I jpoined the NRA. On a list because I voted - did not matter who I voted for/against. On a list because I am a veteran. On a list because of meds I am prescribed. On a list because I own a certain type of vehicle. On a list because I bought more than three 1-piund propane cylinders at one time. On a list because I won't fly commercially. On a list because I was arrested, and on several because I was not found guilty. And let's not forget that I'm on a list because I post on OCDO.

Like I said, if you are not on a list you are doing something wrong. We do not need kids in short pants running around taking notes about what we do, where we go, and who we talk to to get put on a list.

stay safe.

I would be proud to be standing next to YOU on any g0d dameb list they got!!!
I dont got meds, but I got all the others, and
once I bought THREE guns at ONCE!!!!

twoskinsonemanns

Reminds me of the fear parents had of their own children turning them in for saying the wrong words in Orwell's 1984