Thread: Presentation on Open Carry by Oklahoma Association of Municipal Attorneys

Presentation on Open Carry by Oklahoma Association of Municipal Attorneys

Matthew Love with the Oklahoma Association of Municipal Attorneys presented this paper at their annual conference this year. OAMA is made up of city attorneys or those who represent cities across the state. It was also presented to the Oklahoma Municipal League, made up of city managers and mayors from around the state. OKOCA gave input and was cited in the article.

One thing he addresses is the possibility for 4A violations when asking for a permit. It is a pretty good read.

Read it now
    Last edited by hrdware; 10-19-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

I live in a small rural town with only a couple of police. Doubt they have been to any conferences or schools on this issue. I am printing the document out and will be taking it to them. Hopefully they will read it.

EDIT: Well as expected the local boys refused to even look at it let alone take the copy I made for them. I tried lol.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr; 10-19-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: update

A long read for late on a Friday afternoon, but well worth the time invested.
    Thanks for posting

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr View Post
    I live in a small rural town with only a couple of police. Doubt they have been to any conferences or schools on this issue. I am printing the document out and will be taking it to them. Hopefully they will read it.

EDIT: Well as expected the local boys refused to even look at it let alone take the copy I made for them. I tried lol.

Michael
    Try giving it to your city attorney on Monday. He should be interested in it. Failing that, try the City Manager or Mayor.
    Last edited by okiebryan; 10-19-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    Try giving it to your city attorney on Monday. He should be interested in it. Failing that, try the City Manager or Mayor.
    LOL small town. I will try the Mayor, we don't have a city attorney or manager. Or police is an elected position so he does not really answer to the mayor except for funding. I did give a copy to a local guy that gives gun permit classes.

Michael