• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.05 Gun Control

papa bear

just heard this the other day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57534804/bullet-tax-eyed-in-bid-to-curb-chicago-crime/

now how do you think that this is going to have nay real effect on crime. lets say a gang banger has a loaded gun (that he probably stole), with the ammo. that he probably stole. cost to the BG , o.oo$ per bullet

even if he bought the rounds, lets see one shot to kill someone = 0.05, that will really make him think :cuss:

now lets look at the legally carrying citizen that goes to the range to practice safe and effective shooting

500 to a 1000 rounds at 0.05 = 25 to 50$. that is really going to make someone think :rolleyes:

WalkingWolf

The law has nothing to do with bad guys or gun violence. It is just another way of punishing law abiding gun owners. It is pithy tantrum because of the SCOTUS ruling. IMO

Jack House

Where is the pro-rights PR machine?

"Chicago promises to make their streets more dangerous by making it harder for gun owners to practice safe shooting!"