• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nra/ila grassroots workshop in henderson

The Big Guy

I'm thinking it might be interesting if a crowd of Open Carry folks showed up. This is a Henderson City Building and OC is OK.

TBG

Attend
the FREE NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshop

in Henderson on October 24th!

line.gif

Dear Nevada NRA Member:

To ensure pro-Second Amendment candidates, like Dean Heller for U.S. Senate,
win in Nevada this November, we need your help! Learn how you can get actively
involved in our efforts to elect pro-freedom candidates like Dean Heller by
attending our free NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshop.

At this meeting, NRA-ILA staff will lay out our critical plans to elect
pro-freedom candidates, like Dean Heller for U.S. Senate, in Nevada and discuss
specific ways you can become even more involved with our efforts. This meeting
is absolutely free and beverages and snacks will be
provided. The Workshop will begin at 6:30 p.m., and end at 8:30 p.m. Please
make plans to attend and encourage your fellow NRA members to attend as well.
Here are the details:

Wednesday October
24th, 2012

6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

Henderson Convention Center

200 S Water St.

Henderson, NV 89015

HTTP://WWW.HENDERSONLIVE.COM/CONVENTION-CENTER/

To register for this free event, please click here, or call the
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683). If you are unable to
attend this event, but want to stay involved with our activities, please
contact NRA-ILA’s Nevada Campaign Field Representative, Alex Aliferis, at
530-400-5821 or
alexcfr.nra@gmail.com.

We look forward to seeing you in Henderson!

Yours in freedom,

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

Vegassteve

I got the email last night as well. I think I can make this. I was going to send you a note. If I am able to go I will OC, and I am not calling ahead of time or asking the NRA if they know if carry is ok. I want to see how the stand up for us if there is any issue. I know there should not be a issue but......

The Big Guy

Yeh, I'm thinking if we could get a dozen NRA members to show up OC, it just might be interesting.

I'd like to have an opportunity to speak up if possible about the support the NRA is giving to Romney. If one only listened to their stated point of view you would think that Romney is the biggest supporter of firearms freedoms to ever come down the pike. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you watched the last debate and followed his record you would know that he IS NOT a strong 2A supporter. Is he better than Obummer? Yes, I guess he is. In fact I will probably hold my nose, and maybe even the guy next to me, and vote for Romney just to get rid of Obummer. Hopefully it will slow the slide down the slippery slope so that true Patriots have the chance to work on real "Hope & Change".

Any chance I get to tell the NRA that they are anything but a true pro 2A support group I take it. If they were, the only Presidential candidate they could support would be Gary Johnson.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The grassroots meeting last time was moved to Stoney's, a facility that allowed firearms, and the NRA acknowledged at the meeting that it was due to the efforts of the OCers.

The CCW crowd knew they would just conceal anyway, so they didn't argue the NRA using an anti-gun facility when the Silverton changed their tune about allowing weapons. The NRA was going to hold it there anyway until the OCers got involved.

The NRA will have no issues with OCers there, but it will certainly be good for them to see that we are active and growing.

I won't be there this time, though. Sorry. I actually have two other meetings the same night that I'm trying to figure out which one to go to.

brettf22raptor

Hmmm... I'm not a member of the NRA but if I have nothing else going on I'm game to OC there. I thought about it last night at the Americans for Prosperity event at the Henderson Pavilion but decided against it because I didn't want to get hassled about it and was looking forward to seeing 3 Doors Down for free, even if I had to sit through some Republican agenda(more get out and vote than vote for Mittens though thankfully!).

The Big Guy

Hmmm... I'm not a member of the NRA but if I have nothing else going on I'm game to OC there. I thought about it last night at the Americans for Prosperity event at the Henderson Pavilion but decided against it because I didn't want to get hassled about it and was looking forward to seeing 3 Doors Down for free, even if I had to sit through some Republican agenda(more get out and vote than vote for Mittens though thankfully!).

You should never get hassled on City of Henderson property. It took a year, but they finally gave in and admitted that they had no authority under state law to restrict open carry.
A few of us carry in Henderson City Hall and parks on a regular basis with no problem what so ever. I have carried at events at the Henderson Pavilion too.

TBG

brettf22raptor

You should never get hassled on City of Henderson property. It took a year, but they finally gave in and admitted that they had no authority under state law to restrict open carry.
A few of us carry in Henderson City Hall and parks on a regular basis with no problem what so ever. I have carried at events at the Henderson Pavilion too.

TBG

Good to know! I'll definitely carry next time I go to an event.

Vegassteve

Yeh, I'm thinking if we could get a dozen NRA members to show up OC, it just might be interesting.

I'd like to have an opportunity to speak up if possible about the support the NRA is giving to Romney. If one only listened to their stated point of view you would think that Romney is the biggest supporter of firearms freedoms to ever come down the pike. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you watched the last debate and followed his record you would know that he IS NOT a strong 2A supporter. Is he better than Obummer? Yes, I guess he is. In fact I will probably hold my nose, and maybe even the guy next to me, and vote for Romney just to get rid of Obummer. Hopefully it will slow the slide down the slippery slope so that true Patriots have the chance to work on real "Hope & Change".

Any chance I get to tell the NRA that they are anything but a true pro 2A support group I take it. If they were, the only Presidential candidate they could support would be Gary Johnson.

TBG

Are you gong to make it?

The Big Guy

It turned out to be more of a meet the candidate get together. Speeches were made. They were encouraging us to get out and talk to folk and get them to vote.

There were 3 of us from my family there, all OC. Merlin was there with his youngster and VegasSteve. So at least 5 visible firearms.

I met and talked to the new NRA Liaison for our state. He did not have cards yet so I don't have his contact info except to say the office phone number remains the same. I will post
it here when I have it. He assures me he is interested in our opinions and asks that we keep in contact with him.

It is very important that we get out and vote out the rascals...

TBG