• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does GA issue non resident permits

paramedic

Hello all

I have been traveling to GA alot lately, I will be coming down to visit family for Thanksgiving. For some unknown reason GA does not recognize VA permit, so I was wondering if GA isssues a non resident carry permit

smn

No, not yet. I think there's ongoing litigation or it's under consideration.

billlarkins

Hello all

I have been traveling to GA a lot lately, I will be coming down to visit family for Thanksgiving. For some unknown reason GA does not recognize VA permit, so I was wondering if GA issues a non resident carry permit

GA doesn't recognize VA permits, I think because we don't accept theirs. But you can get a NH non-resident permit based on your resident VA permit easily enough, and GA does appear to accept that (as does Alabama,) That's what I use when I head south.