Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: armi tanfoglio giuseppe

  1. #1
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039

    armi tanfoglio giuseppe

    I just traded some old vehicle electrical equipment for a .25 armi tanfoglio giuseppe. I know this gun is a Saturday night special, but I traded for it to keep it in my truck. My EDC is a Glock .40, but I wanted a gun that I could leave in my truck and not worry to much about it being stolen when I didn't have my Glock with me. I have already found that ammo is scarce and a little expensive for it. I was just wondering if this would make an ok 'BUG" or if I should sell it and buy a little bit better piece of junk for a "truck gun"?? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for anything nice but rather a gun that if it get's stolen I would only be pissed and not heart broken.

    I ask because I have never dealt with a armi tanfoglio giuseppe and just wondering if anyone had any knoweledge of them.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Would never leave a gun in a vehicle, cheap or not. If you don't mind it being stolen, then mind that it might be used to harm an innocent somewhere because you left it so accessible to theft by a BG.

    Before someone response with, but I have a solid titanium lock box welded to the vehicle. I stays there when I am at work or in school etc. That is an exception I can accept.

    We're talking about an accessible, easily stolen gun I think. Right?

    BTW - I hate the term "Saturday Night Special." That was a term coined by the gun grabbers. All these were/are, are more economical guns w/o bells and whistles, designed as entry level, less costly guns. Not everyone can afford $1500 and up for their first handgun.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-20-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Just did a little quick research and the .25 cal armi tanfoglio giuseppe apparently has a good reputation.

    Also have not a clue as to why you think .25 ACP ammo is hard to find. It is a little pricey, but it is not like you going target shooting.

    Ball ammo will run about $15-18 per box of 25 and expanding ammo about #36/box
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039
    At work would be the only time it would be left in my truck. Never overnight at home or elsewhere. I said ammo was a little hard to find because I called 4 places and only 1 had them (this was over 3 different counties, not a lot of places that sell where I'm at). And he only had 2 boxes and said he didn't get them in very often. The other places said that they rarely see any .25 on their shelfs.

    I didn't know that the term Saturday Night Special was an anti term..........I have heard that saying so many times on OCDO but I did find this on Wikipedia:

    "The term "Saturday night special" is often used disparagingly to emphasize the perceived lesser quality of the gun or, for political reasons relating to gun politics, to imply easy availability to those who are legally prevented from owning firearms, such as convicted criminals and minors. The term is used to allude that the only reason for the manufacture of such a gun is for use in crime; in fact, studies show that criminals prefer high-quality guns, in the largest caliber they can easily conceal."

    I will use a different term from now on out.
    Last edited by self preservation; 10-21-2012 at 04:50 AM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    I just traded some old vehicle electrical equipment for a .25 armi tanfoglio giuseppe. I know this gun is a Saturday night special, but I traded for it to keep it in my truck. My EDC is a Glock .40, but I wanted a gun that I could leave in my truck and not worry to much about it being stolen when I didn't have my Glock with me. I have already found that ammo is scarce and a little expensive for it. I was just wondering if this would make an ok 'BUG" or if I should sell it and buy a little bit better piece of junk for a "truck gun"?? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for anything nice but rather a gun that if it get's stolen I would only be pissed and not heart broken.

    I ask because I have never dealt with a armi tanfoglio giuseppe and just wondering if anyone had any knoweledge of them.
    Are you looking for a "beater" gun - one you would not mind if it got a scratch or three (while you were beating off Ninjas at the stop-and-rob, right?) or are you looking for a BUG - something to carry in addition to your EDC in case that goes TU? If you are looking for a BUG, doesn't Glock make different sizes of the same style? A smaller version of your EDC would be the best recommendation I could make for a BUG, followed closely by anything else in the same caliber so at least you could use ammo from the EDC even if it went TU functionally. My recommendation for a basic "beater" would be what you already have. Plastic can either be buffed or you can stiple it to hide any marks it gets.

    I'd keep the mouse gun for grins and giggles, or when you go where you need deep cover for social reasons. The number of cheating husbands/lovers/boyfriends it has stacked up is impressive, especially for such a little thing. All you need to do is know how to put the bullets where they will do their job the best.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Are you looking for a "beater" gun - one you would not mind if it got a scratch or three (while you were beating off Ninjas at the stop-and-rob, right?) or are you looking for a BUG - something to carry in addition to your EDC in case that goes TU? If you are looking for a BUG, doesn't Glock make different sizes of the same style? A smaller version of your EDC would be the best recommendation I could make for a BUG, followed closely by anything else in the same caliber so at least you could use ammo from the EDC even if it went TU functionally. My recommendation for a basic "beater" would be what you already have. Plastic can either be buffed or you can stiple it to hide any marks it gets.

    I'd keep the mouse gun for grins and giggles, or when you go where you need deep cover for social reasons. The number of cheating husbands/lovers/boyfriends it has stacked up is impressive, especially for such a little thing. All you need to do is know how to put the bullets where they will do their job the best.

    stay safe.
    Beater/BUG. I got the chance to shoot this little gun the other day and for a cheaper gun it did real well. I have carried it as a BUG over the last couple of days, but I want to get a Diamond back 9mm for a true BUG and leave the .25 as a beater gun. It is a small caliber but I would still hate to be on the business end of it.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Beater/BUG. I got the chance to shoot this little gun the other day and for a cheaper gun it did real well. I have carried it as a BUG over the last couple of days, but I want to get a Diamond back 9mm for a true BUG and leave the .25 as a beater gun. It is a small caliber but I would still hate to be on the business end of it.
    My mother for years carried a colt .25 in her purse, I believe my brother took it as well as the .38 I had bought her after she passed. A .25 is probably a close range caliber. I believe the .22 is a better stopper than the .25.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    My mother for years carried a colt .25 in her purse, I believe my brother took it as well as the .38 I had bought her after she passed. A .25 is probably a close range caliber. I believe the .22 is a better stopper than the .25.
    It's not my weapon of choice but I'm sure it beats trying to stab them with an ink pen. Most of the time I have my .40 with me but for those times I 'can't' have it, I'm sure the .25 will do in a pinch. I would rather had a .22 but the .25 is all the boy had to trade.
    Last edited by self preservation; 10-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    It's not my weapon of choice but I'm sure it beats trying to stab them with an ink pen. Most of the time I have my .40 with me but for those times I 'can't' have it, I'm sure the .25 will do in a pinch. I would rather had a .22 but the .25 is all the boy had to trade.
    I shot her .25 when I was younger, it never failed to function, and for such a small gun was very accurate.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •