• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

armi tanfoglio giuseppe

self preservation

I just traded some old vehicle electrical equipment for a .25 armi tanfoglio giuseppe. I know this gun is a Saturday night special, but I traded for it to keep it in my truck. My EDC is a Glock .40, but I wanted a gun that I could leave in my truck and not worry to much about it being stolen when I didn't have my Glock with me. I have already found that ammo is scarce and a little expensive for it. I was just wondering if this would make an ok 'BUG" or if I should sell it and buy a little bit better piece of junk for a "truck gun"?? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for anything nice but rather a gun that if it get's stolen I would only be pissed and not heart broken.

I ask because I have never dealt with a armi tanfoglio giuseppe and just wondering if anyone had any knoweledge of them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would never leave a gun in a vehicle, cheap or not. If you don't mind it being stolen, then mind that it might be used to harm an innocent somewhere because you left it so accessible to theft by a BG.

Before someone response with, but I have a solid titanium lock box welded to the vehicle. I stays there when I am at work or in school etc. That is an exception I can accept.

We're talking about an accessible, easily stolen gun I think. Right?

BTW - I hate the term "Saturday Night Special." That was a term coined by the gun grabbers. All these were/are, are more economical guns w/o bells and whistles, designed as entry level, less costly guns. Not everyone can afford $1500 and up for their first handgun.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just did a little quick research and the .25 cal armi tanfoglio giuseppe apparently has a good reputation.

Also have not a clue as to why you think .25 ACP ammo is hard to find. It is a little pricey, but it is not like you going target shooting.

Ball ammo will run about $15-18 per box of 25 and expanding ammo about #36/box

Last edited:

self preservation

At work would be the only time it would be left in my truck. Never overnight at home or elsewhere. I said ammo was a little hard to find because I called 4 places and only 1 had them (this was over 3 different counties, not a lot of places that sell where I'm at). And he only had 2 boxes and said he didn't get them in very often. The other places said that they rarely see any .25 on their shelfs.

I didn't know that the term Saturday Night Special was an anti term..........I have heard that saying so many times on OCDO but I did find this on Wikipedia:

"The term "Saturday night special" is often used disparagingly to emphasize the perceived lesser quality of the gun or, for political reasons relating to gun politics, to imply easy availability to those who are legally prevented from owning firearms, such as convicted criminals and minors. The term is used to allude that the only reason for the manufacture of such a gun is for use in crime; in fact, studies show that criminals prefer high-quality guns, in the largest caliber they can easily conceal."

I will use a different term from now on out.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I just traded some old vehicle electrical equipment for a .25 armi tanfoglio giuseppe. I know this gun is a Saturday night special, but I traded for it to keep it in my truck. My EDC is a Glock .40, but I wanted a gun that I could leave in my truck and not worry to much about it being stolen when I didn't have my Glock with me. I have already found that ammo is scarce and a little expensive for it. I was just wondering if this would make an ok 'BUG" or if I should sell it and buy a little bit better piece of junk for a "truck gun"?? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for anything nice but rather a gun that if it get's stolen I would only be pissed and not heart broken.

I ask because I have never dealt with a armi tanfoglio giuseppe and just wondering if anyone had any knoweledge of them.

Are you looking for a "beater" gun - one you would not mind if it got a scratch or three (while you were beating off Ninjas at the stop-and-rob, right?) or are you looking for a BUG - something to carry in addition to your EDC in case that goes TU? If you are looking for a BUG, doesn't Glock make different sizes of the same style? A smaller version of your EDC would be the best recommendation I could make for a BUG, followed closely by anything else in the same caliber so at least you could use ammo from the EDC even if it went TU functionally. My recommendation for a basic "beater" would be what you already have. Plastic can either be buffed or you can stiple it to hide any marks it gets.:D

I'd keep the mouse gun for grins and giggles, or when you go where you need deep cover for social reasons. The number of cheating husbands/lovers/boyfriends it has stacked up is impressive, especially for such a little thing. All you need to do is know how to put the bullets where they will do their job the best.

stay safe.

self preservation

Are you looking for a "beater" gun - one you would not mind if it got a scratch or three (while you were beating off Ninjas at the stop-and-rob, right?) or are you looking for a BUG - something to carry in addition to your EDC in case that goes TU? If you are looking for a BUG, doesn't Glock make different sizes of the same style? A smaller version of your EDC would be the best recommendation I could make for a BUG, followed closely by anything else in the same caliber so at least you could use ammo from the EDC even if it went TU functionally. My recommendation for a basic "beater" would be what you already have. Plastic can either be buffed or you can stiple it to hide any marks it gets.:D

I'd keep the mouse gun for grins and giggles, or when you go where you need deep cover for social reasons. The number of cheating husbands/lovers/boyfriends it has stacked up is impressive, especially for such a little thing. All you need to do is know how to put the bullets where they will do their job the best.

stay safe.

Beater/BUG. I got the chance to shoot this little gun the other day and for a cheaper gun it did real well. I have carried it as a BUG over the last couple of days, but I want to get a Diamond back 9mm for a true BUG and leave the .25 as a beater gun. It is a small caliber but I would still hate to be on the business end of it.

WalkingWolf

Beater/BUG. I got the chance to shoot this little gun the other day and for a cheaper gun it did real well. I have carried it as a BUG over the last couple of days, but I want to get a Diamond back 9mm for a true BUG and leave the .25 as a beater gun. It is a small caliber but I would still hate to be on the business end of it.

My mother for years carried a colt .25 in her purse, I believe my brother took it as well as the .38 I had bought her after she passed. A .25 is probably a close range caliber. I believe the .22 is a better stopper than the .25.

self preservation

My mother for years carried a colt .25 in her purse, I believe my brother took it as well as the .38 I had bought her after she passed. A .25 is probably a close range caliber. I believe the .22 is a better stopper than the .25.

It's not my weapon of choice but I'm sure it beats trying to stab them with an ink pen. Most of the time I have my .40 with me but for those times I 'can't' have it, I'm sure the .25 will do in a pinch. I would rather had a .22 but the .25 is all the boy had to trade.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

It's not my weapon of choice but I'm sure it beats trying to stab them with an ink pen. Most of the time I have my .40 with me but for those times I 'can't' have it, I'm sure the .25 will do in a pinch. I would rather had a .22 but the .25 is all the boy had to trade.

I shot her .25 when I was younger, it never failed to function, and for such a small gun was very accurate.