Thread: Can you concealed carry and open carry in oklahoma at the same time ?

Can you concealed carry and open carry in oklahoma at the same time ?

Hello all, I am new to this site. I have been concealed carrying for 5 years now ( something like that-time flies) and I am looking forward to open carry here in Oklahoma but the thought crossed my mind " can you concealed carry and open carry at the same time" ? I would like to have a back up weapon just in case. I have done searches on here and read the law, but It seems vague about that.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Answers to your questions can be found elsewhere on the OK sub-forum

Read this:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-in-Oklahoma
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Is it "Either" one way or another ?? as in you can open or concealed but not both at the same time ? It seems kinda muddy here to me. I looked at the link you provided, and my search before has not turned up the answer I seek. Am I just being thick headed here?

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    There is nothing in the law that says you cannot carry more than one handgun, and there is nothing in the law preventing you from concealing one while open carrying another.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    There is nothing in the law that says you cannot carry more than one handgun, and there is nothing in the law preventing you from concealing one while open carrying another.
    Exactly - if it is not forbidden/restricted, then it is by default legal. Laws seldom tell you what you may do, only what you may not do legally.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.