• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you concealed carry and open carry in oklahoma at the same time ?

sig-nut

Hello all, I am new to this site. I have been concealed carrying for 5 years now :lol:( something like that-time flies) and I am looking forward to open carry here in Oklahoma but the thought crossed my mind " can you concealed carry and open carry at the same time" ? I would like to have a back up weapon just in case. I have done searches on here and read the law, but It seems vague about that.

sig-nut

Is it "Either" one way or another ?? as in you can open or concealed but not both at the same time ? It seems kinda muddy here to me. :uhoh: I looked at the link you provided, and my search before has not turned up the answer I seek. Am I just being thick headed here? :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is nothing in the law that says you cannot carry more than one handgun, and there is nothing in the law preventing you from concealing one while open carrying another.

Exactly - if it is not forbidden/restricted, then it is by default legal. Laws seldom tell you what you may do, only what you may not do legally.