• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfeild 1911

robert1970

Iam converted for sure,for being a 100 year old desighn the 1911 is awsome.I think the 1911 is one of the best gund John Browning every desighned.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
The biggest problem I have with a Condition 1 1911, is trying to find a holster with a safety strap that is designed to go over the back end of the slide while the hammer is cocked. I've contacted a number of holster makers about their products, and so far, they've all told me there products are designed for the pistol to not be cocked.

It ticks me off to no end.

Fortunately, for work I have an old Bianchi basket weave holster that was designed for just that mode of carry. Still, for off duty stuff, I have to rely on either a Blackhawk SERPA, or another similar designed holster from Israel. (Don't ask me the name of the company, I can't find it on the holster, but I know it's not Fobus.)

robert1970

The biggest problem I have with a Condition 1 1911, is trying to find a holster with a safety strap that is designed to go over the back end of the slide while the hammer is cocked. I've contacted a number of holster makers about their products, and so far, they've all told me there products are designed for the pistol to not be cocked.

It ticks me off to no end.

Fortunately, for work I have an old Bianchi basket weave holster that was designed for just that mode of carry. Still, for off duty stuff, I have to rely on either a Blackhawk SERPA, or another similar designed holster from Israel. (Don't ask me the name of the company, I can't find it on the holster, but I know it's not Fobus.)

I went with the blackhawk holster,so far I really like it its comfertable to wear all day,and it rides nice.My only concern about it is will it hurt the finnish on my gun.