• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

brookfield wi mass shooting

Vern

Banned
Well, you have to keep the government employees busy. Although, local governments killing people just to gin up work for their coroners is sorta frowned on. Not out of any sense of decency, mind you. Its because it cuts into the tax base.

If you're having too little work for your coroner, first you oppress the people economically. Once they get some crime and gangs going and start killing each other, or start dying off from bad health care, then you have more work for your coroners. So, if your coroners are lightly scheduled, just check into how Detroit and Chicago got theirs employed full time.

You should be investigated for posting tripe like this. Very disturbing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

I guess severe sarcasm aimed at government went right over our newcomer's head.

But, I do feel a little honored. I'm pretty sure that's the first time in almost six years on the forum that I annoyed somebody so badly they signed up and posted just to criticize me.

M

McX

Yeah! And he should be put on a cattle car and taken to a reeducation camp! Damn the 1st Amendment! I'm with you! Heil Obama! </sarcasm>

repent you sinner! you will soon join me, as my avitar suggests, behind the fence in the re-education camp. avenge me my children!

MKEgal

Citizen said:
I do feel a little honored. I'm pretty sure that's the first time in almost six years on the forum that I annoyed somebody so badly they signed up and posted just to criticize me.
Not to burst your bubble, but that's the latest incarnation of the troll that hangs around the WI forum.
It shows up & foments as much discord & upset as possible before it's banned again.
Don't feed the troll, use the report button.

M

McX

i took the liberty of investigating the matter. i found though it may have not been politically correct it was protected under the First Amendment. case closed, but to address your concerns i did fine the poster 5 cheeseburgers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not to burst your bubble, but that's the latest incarnation of the troll that hangs around the WI forum.
It shows up & foments as much discord & upset as possible before it's banned again.
Don't feed the troll, use the report button.

Tried to send you a PM regarding above - Your PM box is full & will not accept any new ones.:(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i took the liberty of investigating the matter. i found though it may have not been politically correct it was protected under the First Amendment. case closed, but to address your concerns i did fine the poster 5 cheeseburgers.

No 1st Amendment right on private property. Tolerance? Frequently, but not always.

Remember guys and gals, this is not the Social Lounge.

Post and threads here should pertain to OC in WI or at least have a specific relationship to RKBA in WI. The OP is within those parameters, some of the other posts not so much.

Teej

Two comments....

First, looking at that sign....think it's 5 inches tall? I doubt it, based on the pic. Law says "at least 5x7 inches"...

Second, MKEGal posted something hoping the survivors would sue the salon, and mentioned the immunity bit and all that. Initially I disagreed (but did not post), because my interpretation and discussions with attorneys and other people in the know do not agree with that interpretation of the immunity clause. (Essentially my interpretation, upon which those I've talked to "off the record" agree, is the immunity being bestowed by the law is for the actions of people legally carrying. They are not granted that immunity if they post because there's nothing to grant immunity from - they didn't allow carrying so they can't be held liable for the actions of carriers who disregard the policy. Posting does not confer liability or responsibility to provide complete safety...if it did, every time you walked into a business, you'd get a TSA prostate exam and x-rays, and prices for goods/services would go through the roof.) However, in light of what's been made public in the subsequent days - I'm making a 180 on that position. As it turns out, everyone in that spa knew that they were having trouble. They had had specific discussions on locking doors and escape routes and such because of this individual - thus they did in fact know there was a specific threat. IMHO, the spa owner should have told Zina not to return to work until the situation was resolved....or hire a security guard or something.

anmut

repent you sinner! you will soon join me, as my avitar suggests, behind the fence in the re-education camp. avenge me my children!

McX... let me take a look at you. Yep, I thought so. You're alive. I knew it. I was hard on you but now you understand why.

phleye

Two comments....

First, looking at that sign....think it's 5 inches tall? I doubt it, based on the pic. Law says "at least 5x7 inches"...

Second, MKEGal posted something hoping the survivors would sue the salon, and mentioned the immunity bit and all that. Initially I disagreed (but did not post), because my interpretation and discussions with attorneys and other people in the know do not agree with that interpretation of the immunity clause. (Essentially my interpretation, upon which those I've talked to "off the record" agree, is the immunity being bestowed by the law is for the actions of people legally carrying. They are not granted that immunity if they post because there's nothing to grant immunity from - they didn't allow carrying so they can't be held liable for the actions of carriers who disregard the policy. Posting does not confer liability or responsibility to provide complete safety...if it did, every time you walked into a business, you'd get a TSA prostate exam and x-rays, and prices for goods/services would go through the roof.) However, in light of what's been made public in the subsequent days - I'm making a 180 on that position. As it turns out, everyone in that spa knew that they were having trouble. They had had specific discussions on locking doors and escape routes and such because of this individual - thus they did in fact know there was a specific threat. IMHO, the spa owner should have told Zina not to return to work until the situation was resolved....or hire a security guard or something.

I was in a situation a few years ago at my job. Had an employee find out her ex husband found her (she had moved and changed her name) and call her to tell her he was coming to her job to kill her. My boss actually told me to walk her to the bus stop so she could go home...yea right!!! Did you hear the part about "I want to kill you!?!?!?!" The police were called and they took her away and we never saw her again.