• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List of OC friendly businesses ?

sig-nut

The more I read here it seems the more questions keep popping in my head about the new open carry law here. Would it be possible to start a list of OC friendly businesses ? it would seem two fold to me, one being a easy way for a person to find out who welcomes and who doesn't at all. Two, it might save a lot of businesses from being questioned to death about it and possibly causing ill feelings towards us. Thanks.

Gary S

Thanks for that link im sure many of use will find that very handy. Well i know ill use it whenever in question.

Brandon9mm

Kum and Go

Please add Kum & Go to the list of friendly to gun owner stores.

“We do not prohibit customers with a valid permit from carrying in accordance with their rights and limitations under applicable law. That said, we do not allow on-duty associates to carry weapons even if they have a permit.”

Thanks,
Brandon

Gary S

Please add Kum & Go to the list of friendly to gun owner stores.

“We do not prohibit customers with a valid permit from carrying in accordance with their rights and limitations under applicable law. That said, we do not allow on-duty associates to carry weapons even if they have a permit.”

Thanks,
Brandon

That is really good to know, i don't understand why they will not let employees carry, or at least cc.

docachna

Listing OC-friendly locations

Some folks believe that publicly listing businesses who are friendly to anything 2-A related (be it concealed carry or open carry) gives the anti's an instant target, to go by the place and either feed them a crock about "the law" requiring them to post (it's been done), or just scaring the bejesus out of them until they do post.

Some folks suggest, instead, of listing only the 2-A UNfriendly locations. That way, legal carriers can simply take their money where the business owner respects their rights, but doesn't give the anti's a target.

It's one train of thought....

Last edited:

Gary S

Some folks believe that publicly listing businesses who are friendly to anything 2-A related (be it concealed carry or open carry) gives the anti's an instant target, to go by the place and either feed them a crock about "the law" requiring them to post (it's been done), or just scaring the bejesus out of them until they do post.

Some folks suggest, instead, of listing only the 2-A UNfriendly locations. That way, legal carriers can simply take their money where the business owner respects their rights, but doesn't give the anti's a target.

It's one train of thought....

Do you think the friendly ones will see the business they have then if persuaded to post see the loss in business then decide to take the posting down. Just a thought that way we know who is friend and don't have to second guess.

sig-nut

I am not for letting the anti's get a toe hold on anything but, I tend to think if they walk into a business that allows OC that they will most likely turn and run knowing that they have allready been defeated there and probally won't change the owner's mind. I am with Gary S. here in that I for one do not want to second guess about a business's 2A posture. Not trying to straddle the fence here but maybee a list of both might be in order.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
The more I read here it seems the more questions keep popping in my head about the new open carry law here. Would it be possible to start a list of OC friendly businesses ? it would seem two fold to me, one being a easy way for a person to find out who welcomes and who doesn't at all. Two, it might save a lot of businesses from being questioned to death about it and possibly causing ill feelings towards us. Thanks.

Why would you question a business? If they have a sign, go somewhere else. If there is no sign, come on in. If you are asked to leave, just leave. Don't act upset that there is no sign, or you will make one appear. This causes a business that was good to go with concealed now off limits.

Gary S

I have seen a sign that said the carry of firearms is strongly supported. Please keep firearms legally holstered at all times unless the need arise for defense, in which case marksmen ship is highly appreciated. I think we need to see more of those posts go up. Just my opinion.

Gary S

Because if a customer uses a firearm in their store, they are not specifically liable. If their employees do this, they are very liable if something goes wrong.
Yeah i can understand that i just think if i was a clerk at a gas station, like i was about 9 years ago in Florida, i would want to be carrying a firearm on me, like i did then but with permission from the store. It had to be cc and they knew it was for my protection and nothing more, if a bad guy wanted the money from the register it was his but if my life was threatened "surprise"

hrdware

Try this link it might be useful for you oklaccer

I tried that one. Several places on the map as negative, one neutral, no positives. Not enough information in the Tulsa area yet. And nothing on the mentioned location.

Anyone can add reviews for businesses to this site. It's all community driven so if you see a place with a sign up, post it as a negative. Otherwise you can either leave it off the list or post it as a positive.

Last edited: