• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List of OC friendly businesses ?

ethorman

I personally am just going to post up the neg, the only real reason is like you said Bryan if there is no sign come on in and not to question the owners about it, that and the map for friend or foe would get plugged up quick if I went to every business and then uploaded it good, bad, or neutral on the website. It can be done, however if I find a sign or talk to owners that do proudly support it then I will upload it, but if its just a "go about your business" kind of store, I will leave it off the map.

okiephlyer

Not sure about Homeland, but Walmart is Neutral. Their corporate policy is to comply with state law. Local managers do not have the authority to post signs, as they are not the owners. This is my understanding from reading a lot of posts from different states.

ethorman

If you can record any actions with the LEO'S there, camera or audio then maybe we will have a better understanding of how they really feel. I picked up my audio recorder for about 30 bucks I think.

Brandon9mm

I have an app on my iPhone to record. I think its important not to bait cops though. We don't want to be known for that here.

hrdware

I have an app on my iPhone to record. I think its important not to bait cops though. We don't want to be known for that here.

Exactly, don't bait the cops, but there is nothing wrong with recording the encounter.

I will be posting an article about recorders in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

ethorman

I wasn't meaning to bait cops into anything, I am just curious to listen and watch how LEOs from all over OK handle different situations. I personally have no issues telling the officers that I am recording our converstaion.

okrebel92

What about Walmart and Homeland stores?

I can tell you that Wal-Mart has no issues with carrying. Wal-marts official corporate policy is to "comply with all local, state, and federal laws and not hinder any individuals carry rights." Hope this helps.

1911carrier

After more reading it appears:

QuikTrip is ok with OC.
Arby's has removed their signs.
Reasors will be putting up signs.
BOK doesn't really have a problem with OC.
UPDATE!!!!!My neighbor just got off the phone with Reasors Corporate.
They will not be posting signs in their stores.UPDATE

Brandon Harwell

If you can record any actions with the LEO'S there, camera or audio then maybe we will have a better understanding of how they really feel. I picked up my audio recorder for about 30 bucks I think.

Interestingly I have had this conversation with a couple of my LEO friends, and the consensus was, in Ok you can't not record a LEO without consent. Is this true? I haven't really been able to find much on it.

SPOProds

Interestingly I have had this conversation with a couple of my LEO friends, and the consensus was, in Ok you can't not record a LEO without consent. Is this true? I haven't really been able to find much on it.

Doesn't matter, SCOTUS has ruled recording the police in their duties is part of 1A.

OldCurlyWolf

Oklahoma is a one party consent state. It is black letter law. No exception is made for LE
:cool:

Ljon

First day of open carry

I did my running around today with my 45 on my hip. I went to dollar general, spencers, blanchard drug and gift and ace hardware all in blanchard with out anyone saying anything.
Then I went to the feed store in dibble and the person behind the counter asked me if i was suppose to be wearing that there, because it was a place of business. I told her the law and told her the owner could restrict customers from open carry by informing the customer or posting a sign. I don't know if the person i talked to was the owner or not, she said she didn't approve of open carry, but she didn't ask me to leave either. But a customer that was sitting there said he supported open carry and thanked me for promoting it.