Thread: Two new pistols picked up today.

Two new pistols picked up today.

I bought a used Springfield 1911 for my next project and it will look totally different when I get done with it, it needs to be refinished after I get all the upgrades done but I got it for a steal, only paid 300 for it.

My wife was needing a new smaller carry gun that would fit in her purse and I got a good deal on this as well. Ruger LC9

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Two new pistols picked up today.

Nice, sounds like you got a nice deal on the 1911! Of course you'll have paid $1000 for it by the time you get the finish and upgrades done...lol. But hey, for a 1911 it's worth it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Nice, sounds like you got a nice deal on the 1911! Of course you'll have paid $1000 for it by the time you get the finish and upgrades done...lol. But hey, for a 1911 it's worth it.
    Yea it will cost a bit to get it they way I want it but it is still cheaper than a already custom 1911. I can't wait to shoot it.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Great job.

Is it a GI model springfield? I always wanted to shoot one. When you "G R Done", you'll have to show some pics. Also, a range report on the ruger would be great. I looked at one and had to say no because of the external safety, I'm a lefty and just couldn't touch it. I hope it's 100% for your ole' lady though.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M

Can't see the pics of the 1911

Yea it was the GI model and it shot great, I recently had to sell it to help fund another gun project . I hate having to do that.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.