Thread: Just a few questions about open carrying a handgun under 21

Just a few questions about open carrying a handgun under 21

Hey guys I am new to the OC forum and I am glad to be here. I usually OC my M4 but I recently just sold it for money to put towards a better personal protection weapon. I am 18 years old and I'm having my aunt purchase a new pistol for me tomorrow at a Henderson Dealer and then gifting it to me through metro. Will I be legally able to OC my new pistol in a hip holster? Thanks in advance for the replies!

If you are not prohibited from owning the firearm per past criminal record, then you are good to go to carry at 18.

Welcome to the forum.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Thanks for the swift response. I'm glad to hear I can assert my right before turning 21. Maybe you can answer another question for me, can I OC while riding my motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Myers View Post
    Thanks for the swift response. I'm glad to hear I can assert my right before turning 21. Maybe you can answer another question for me, can I OC while riding my motorcycle?
    Yes. Many on here are bike riding 2A supporters and carry down the road with the wind in their hair, or at least past their headgear, all the time.

Billy Myers, you must be a UFO guy.

TBG

Once again thanks for the swift response. I am unsure what 'UFO guy' means but I assume it was a compliment

Welcome to the forum, and the OC community!

I was OC'ing last night on a short motorcycle ride to nowhere (aren't those the best kind?).
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I OC while riding all the time all over Las Vegas, Pahrump, Lake Mead, Boulder City Henderson, Laughlin, Bullhead City, with no problems. Rode from Las Vegas to the middle of Utah open carrying. The entire way, to and from, 1300 miles. Carried into ever gas stop and restraint no issues.

I spend little or no ridding time in North Las Vegas, as they will use an old North Las Vegas law to intimidate and harass. Yep nothing, like ridding with the wind in my hair, both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Myers View Post
    Once again thanks for the swift response. I am unsure what 'UFO guy' means but I assume it was a compliment
    Was just wondering about your handle. He is a guy from Switzerland who has claimed to be in contact with ET for many years now. I guess however he spells it different, Meier.

I wonder if ET OC's?

TBG